Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another away game, in one of our bogey stadiums aswell ...

I have no clue about the formation or lineup but I only know that Nesta, Crespo, Pobo and Liverani are not available, while Peruzzi is a doubt .

Chievo's recent results are bad compared to the start they had but I would worry much because despite the bad results they still performed very well ...

I would be happy if Inzaghi or Le Noci started instead of Lopez and I would like to see Evacuo given a run in aswell .

I'd be happy with a draw.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
---------------------Di Canio--------------------
--Di Canio--Di Canio--Di Canio--Di Canio--
-Di Canio---Di Canio---Di Canio---Di Canio-
--------------Di Canio-----Di Canio-------------

That's the formation I want to see! No wait... I forgot Cragnotti doesn't buy Laziale he gets us romanistas instead :rolleyes:. Well, if I can't get Di Canio then at least give me a team with his attitude, a team that are proud of the jersey they wear and fight to the very end of the game. I haven't seen that Lazio this season. If we atill lose but did put up a fight I will be satisfied because that would be a team I could live with. Injuries is a not a valid excuse. We have a first team squad of 30 players and some of them still haven't been used more than 2-3 times this year. They get their money for playing football. Now let them play!! :fero:

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
That's the attitude, Triz! Although at this point I'd be mighty happy with a draw. In a perfect world, all our players should perform as if they have just got paid (!)

And welcome back, MoMo :) Hope all is well?

·
Registered
518 Posts
this time I have to make a dim forcast to the game. What a great game Chievo made against Juven, what a striker Marazina is.

I think we can't expect a draw for we don't know how to defend at all. Then, what we can expect????? another lose?????

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Lazio dont need DiCanio???:rolleyes:.Comeon be honest to yourself his not that great and if Cragnotti bought him back anyway he wouldnt be a long term fix just short term which Lazio dont want;).

·
Rising Star
1,065 Posts
The only positive note is that we are facing a fellow crisis club. Let's hope for the best!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx Doc, all is well :)

Probable line up : Peruzzi; Pancaro, Negro, Couto, Cesar; Castroman, Mendieta, Baggio, Fiore, Stankovic; Lopez

No Giannichedda as he had some problems after the Torino game, he'll probably sit on the bench, and Castroman starting .. Interesting .

·
International
6,519 Posts
Well, I am not so optimistic as you are Triz, that's why I predict a 2-0 loss. I saw the game Chievo played against Juventus, and they were very equal as Juventus. At our current away games form, we can't expect nothing more than a draw at best.

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
well, i have to disagree with you guys;).

Chievo, last several games, is not the same Chievo from the begining of the season. At least they do not perform on the same level.

Hopefully, the'll keep up the same tempo with us too :D

Draw.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I really want a heavy loss for LAzio in this game , so the Crags will understand that there are many things that should be done sooner rather than later...

for gods sake Lazio didn't buy any player in this transfer market ! like if we have a perfect team !!! c'mon bastards ! go get us a Muzzi or a Sorin !

P.S : we can only win this game if we are Juve and De Santis is the ref...

·
Registered
273 Posts
should be a lucky draw

It should be a draw or a lucky draw. Lazio needs to play lopez, fiore and mandieta.......... that will get a at least a draw. A win :):):) will be good if Lazio can make it

·
Registered
274 Posts
hopefully Chievo will crush Lazio...i want them to win a CL berth.if they repeat the match against Juventus it should be enough

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Serie A Preview: Chievo-Lazio
Chievo Verona - Lazio | News Archive

Claudio Lopez will be the biancocelesti's lone striker against Chievo (Allsport)
01/29/2002. BACKGROUND

Despite Chievo's recent poor run, the team are still playing remarkably well and the fact that they remain in 4th place just goes to show what a superb first half of the season The Flying Donkey's had. Many pundits have been quick to criticise Luigi Del Neri's team but this is grossly unfair considering the budget that the club has. They were always going to go through a slump in form and it is just amazing that we are now in January and their poor form has only just arrived. Lets also not forget that two of their last three home games have been against Roma (Scudetto holders) and Juventus (runners-up).

Against Juventus, Chievo can consider themselves slightly unfortunate as they tended not to get the breaks against the bianconeri. Had Eriberto not spurned a terrific chance in the first-half the result could have been different. Del Neri was also incensed at the late penalty given against his side for an alleged hand-ball against Fabio Moro. The ball certainly hit the defender's hand but could he really do anything about it when it was travelling at such pace?

Lazio's season took yet another turn for the worse on Sunday as they were beaten 1-0 by Torino. President Sergio Cragnotti threatened a mass clear-out after the game although he did promise to give Alberto Zaccheroni time to get things right. He deserves it as well. The former AC Milan coach has only been in the job five weeks and the players he is currently working with are all inherited from previous coaches.

Time will tell if there is something fundamentally wrong with the side but one win in seven league games certainly suggests that all is not well. It's not as if they haven't had the chances to win games but some profligate finishing has seen them lose or draw matches that they really should be winning. What a cruel blow it was, though, for Zaccheroni to lose Alessandro Nesta and Hernan Crespo through injury at so vital a time.

FORM GUIDE

Chievo Last Six Matches: WLWDLL

Chievo's only two victories in their last six games came in impressive fashion away at Inter and Atalanta. Last weekend they were humbled 3-1 by Bologna and before that, a late Adriano goal robbed them of all three points against Fiorentina.

Lazio Last Six Matches: DLLLWL

The only recent win came in emphatic fashion as they beat Serse Cosmi's Perugia 5-0. This, however, didn't stop certain sections of the Lazio crowd expressing their frustration at the team's recent decline. Zac's men were beaten in both legs of the cup by Milan and have also lost away at Piacenza and Torino in the league.

LATEST TEAM NEWS

Chievo- Del Neri will make just one change from the team that lost to Juventus, with Stefano Lorenzi making way for Lorenzo D'Anna who returns from suspension. Jason Mayele is the only absentee.

PL- 4-4-2- Lupatelli, Moro, D'Angelo, D'Anna, Lanna, Eriberto, Perrotta, Corini, Manfredini, Carradi, Marrazzina

Lazio- Zac has a long injury lists which includes Guiseppe Favalli, Simone Inzaghi and Diego Simeone as well as Crespo and Nesta. Karol Poborsky and Fabio Liverani are both serving one-match suspensions while Jaap Stam is out until April due to his drugs ban.

PL- 4-4-1-1- Peruzzi, Pancaro, Negro, Couto, Cesar, Castroman, Mendieta, Giannichedda, Stankovic, Fiore, Lopez

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Eriberto (Chievo)- the Brazilian has really impressed down the right-hand side for Del Neri's men this season. He's possessed with explosive pace and often gets into scoring positions, as was seen against Juventus when the 22-year-old had three near misses. Roma, Juventus and Inter are all said to be sniffing around.

Gaizka Mendieta (Lazio)- although the Spaniard has flopped since his move to Serie A, class is permanent and good players don't turn into bad ones overnight. The former Valencia player is still capable of producing moments of magic and his passing and shooting abilities should be no different from his La Liga days. Lazio are without the likes of Liverani and Crespo so Zaccheroni will be looking to Fiore and Mendieta to create.

SOCCERAGE PREDICTION

Lazio to escape with a point.

Chievo Win 35%
Draw 40%
Lazio Win 25%

·
International
6,519 Posts
Komari Komatose said:
attitude? why,do you call it "attitude" when Lazio fans wish their team well?

btw,my name is spelled Komatose
I dont think you are a Lazio fan and that you wish our team well. You wouldn't have made the comments in your posts before now would you ? ;)

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Match kicks off despite the fog .

This is our line up :

Lazio (4-4-1-1): 70 Peruzzi, 15 Pancaro, 18 Negro, 24 Couto, 3 Cesar, 26 Castroman, 4 D. Baggio, 15 Giannichedda, 5 Stankovic, 20 Fiore, 7 Lopez

AVANTIIIIIII LAZIO!!!!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
7' Chievo 0-1 Lazio

El Piojio!!

Fiore with the assist, back heel I think :)

Lopez parte sul tocco in verticale di Fiore, liberato da Pancaro. Il rallentatore mostra che l'argentino è partito di gran lunga in fuorigioco. Comunque l'argentino scatta velocissimo e anticipa l'uscita di Lupatelli, infilando

:happy:

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
GOL LOPEZ!
GOL LOPEZ!!
GOL LOPEZ!!! :star:

1-0 up in no time and we are actually dominating an away game. What is it with this team? :confused: :confused: :confused: The Lazio rollercoster continiues.... Sit tight.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts