Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brasil was very impressive, if they play like that I don't see them having any problems qualifying.

Ecuador was it's usual fighting self, but they will need much more than that to avoid defeat against the Penta champions.

Look for Ecuador to pull back and hit Brasil on the counter. I just don't think the defense will hold against the Brasilian attack.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ecuador arrived in Manaus, Aguinaga is out of this game, defensive midfielder Edwin Tenorio will take his place.

So basically Ecuador will line up a 4-3-2-1 formation.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parreira thinks that Ecuador is a carbon copy of Colombia. And plans to approach it the same way it did Colombia.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because that what he said to the press. "Ecuador is a copy of Colombia, a tactically disciplined and square"

Don't get me wrong I think he is correct, Ecuador's football is very similar to Colombia in it's fundamentals.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not copy but fairly close. Brasil 1 - Ecuador 0

Though remind me more of the struggling 2002 WCQ team than the WC 2002 champion.

Ecuador played a controlled game, did not risk anything and can be proud of their performance.

BTW the referee did not call a clear PK for Ecuador:eek:

·
Administrator
29,340 Posts
Parreira failed this time also, unable to change his tatic when it was clear Ecuador was able to hold it. Ze Roberto was bad, very bad, too slow when brazil needed speed and for some reason did not left the field with Alex in the bench...
Yeah, It was Penalty. Ecuador was really superior.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
JCamilo said:
Ecuador was really superior.
No they weren't. It's very late and I have to get some sleep, but they weren't superior (it was a penalty, though -- not a glaring one, but a penalty it was).

Was Brasil as entertaining as the fans and Galvao Bueno would have liked? No. Was Ecuador superior then? No! :rollani: They just defended relentlessly even after Brazil had scored our 1st goal. You seem to think we should have opened our team and offered spaces just to score one more goal against a team that seemed happy with a 1x0 defeat? No, I think Parreira was absolutely right. If Ecuador didn't feel like opening their team even after suffering a goal, why should we open our team after having already scored a goal??

The result was already good for us, and I bet Ecuador's coach was counting on the fans demanding that Brazil push forward. Parreira's system was giving his team very little space, and Ecuador wanted Parreira to cave in to the pressure to field an extra playmaker, and to open our midfield. Fortunately Parreira ignored the apostles of "dream football". :stress:

We WON, goddammit. Some media morons are already talking about this game as if it was a disaster, which is utter bullsh!t. WE WON. Six points in two games. Leaders of the SA Qualifiers. We won against a decent team on their own field. We won against a hard-working team that didn't come out of defense even when they were behind on the score. But it was a disaster, because we weren't entertaining enough. :wallbang: Oh, please... I'm sure you'd rather we use Kaka, Alex and Diego and give the opposition all the space they want, the old "let them score two goals because we'll inevitably score four" nonsense. Thankfully our manager lives on the real world.

Was our team perfect then? No, there were mistakes, corrections are needed. For one thing, Lucio looked like a retard out there, he did everything he could to complicate the game. Hell, he's making Roque Junior look very good in comparison, which is alarming. And Ronaldinho Gaucho, after scoring, became as useful as a wet fart. But were these glitches enough to justify saying Ecuador was superior?? HELL no. :mute: Let's keep it real.

Sorry if I'm being rude, it's 1:15 AM and I'm sleepy. Good night. ;)

·
Administrator
29,340 Posts
i am sorry, but Ecuador come to not allow brazil to play. And they did not allowed. This is what I think make then superior. And do not give me that because of this Game i am making critics - You know I am a critic of rigid system and I have been always.
Parreira did not needed to open spaces - He needed to control the game, the ball and We did that badly. I did not wanted more offensive , more goals. I wanted more efficient middlefield, more control of the game.
Brazil defended very well but everytime the ball returned as easily to ecuador because we are extremelly slow. The "passing exchange tatic" was not effetive today - it make us slow and easy to be countered. The disposition of two players of the middle open make us easy to be tracked. It would not hurt give them more mobility (of coure, would hurt because both players are not great doing this). Parreira failed to change and he can not complain "Ecuador defended all the time"...Well, next time imagine a team that can defend all the time and have one good foward that can score. He will be in trouble.
A disaster ? Of course not. A Bad game. Mistakes. Yeah, a lot of them.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
So whats the bottom line ???? Brazils has SIX POINTS, they lead all Nations...and thats all it matters, even if you played like a bunch of half crippled, deaf and mute girls Team...
Brazil has the LEAD and no one can deny that fact !!!! ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
brazil?

roberto carlos in today's comments blame the bad game on the ecuadorian's team system...

"when you play futebol, you expect the other tema to do so, but they not help" at times 35 thou booed the national team

I say that every one had a bad game, yesterday the 3 games were bad for one of the teams!

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
In the end I rather play ugly and get three points than a display of Jogo Bonito and NO points .... :cool:

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I thought Ecuador played well yesterday within it's capabilities. I would have risked a bit more at the end but Bolillo knows what he is doing. He is banking on the chance that Brasil will crush a few teams by more tha 1 goal at home and some of them direct competitors of Ecuador. So with that in mind Ecuador did not a terrible result and it actually lift it the team's spirit and confidence.

BTW good to see you back in colocolo!!!!:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts