Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont think one has been created yet.

Schumachr once more on poll :eek: We know he is great but he always get poll as well :eek: I cant see him not winning the race again today, surely the battle now is who is second best to Ferrari. Williams I suppose are faves for that, BAR look set for another great GP.

Forza Fisichella, Trulli, Bruni and Pantano to try and get some points. Bruni and Panano are doubtful :tongue: but Fisichella and Trulli have chances.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Rain has fallen from the skies in Bahrain. Combined with strong winds it means the track will have much less grip than yesterday....

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be an exciting race :cool:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Ferrari 1/2 with Button in third again. :happy: Quite an eventful race, particuallrly in the midfield, with some good racing between Webber and Alonso, Sato and Coulthard etc.

But once again McLaren disappoint with a lak of pace and a lack or reliability. JPM must be wondering what he's let himself in for next year..

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Very interesting race. I was disappointed with Sauber mechanics who were extremely slow, Fisichella always lost 5 more seconds during pits.

Very good BAR, spectacular Alonso, also Trulli well. Klien = Sato '02

What do you think about Ralf Schumacher / Sato incident?

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Märco said:
What do you think about Ralf Schumacher / Sato incident?
Definetly R Schumachers fault...he should have given a bit of space to Sato...it's either try your luck and close the door or compromise and keep yourself in the race and hope that you can catch him later.

He gambled and he lost out...it's a shame maybe he wants to be a bit more aggresive but...what he did was stupid and did himself no favours.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
GaGa said:
Definetly R Schumachers fault...he should have given a bit of space to Sato...it's either try your luck and close the door or compromise and keep yourself in the race and hope that you can catch him later.

He gambled and he lost out...it's a shame maybe he wants to be a bit more aggresive but...what he did was stupid and did himself no favours.
Well, here is my opinion. The trip outside the track was definitely Ralf Schumacher' fault but Sato was the driver who didn't compete according to the rules. Ralf was at that moment (before the corner) ahead of him so he was the man who had to choose his way. He did it and Sato had to leave him more space and go slower. That's IMO what the rules would say if we had a look there. But of course it was impossible for Sato to do it like that in that combination of corners and in that situation so it was Ralf Schumacher' fault and Sato shouldn't be penalised for that. Ralf :thumbdwn: tactically.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Marco, I hear what you're saying, but in Malaysia the positions were reversed with Ralf trying to come up the inside of Mark Webber, and again in Bahrain when Giancarlo Fisichella was the victim. So he can't really use the "I was the leading car" excuse, because he himself has caused all manner of accidents when he was the overtaking car.

None-the-less a big cock up from Ralf. He was lapping faster than Sato at the time, so he could have just waited another lap and take Sato, but obviously he didn't.

Ralf Has Been Warned by the Stewards

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
And also, does anyone know anything about the incedent between Trulli and Barrichello which is under investigation?

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
mutu1875 said:
And also, does anyone know anything about the incedent between Trulli and Barrichello which is under investigation?
Yes. Trulli was driving through the pit lane when Barrichello left his mechanics and crossed his way, very violent move by Rubinho. He excused then for that he didn't want to do it. Ferrari was fined by €10.000.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
FASTEST LAPS

1:30.252 - M. Schumacher
1:30.654 - Alonso
1:30.781 - R. Schumacher
1:30.876 - Barrichello
1:30.960 - Button
1:30.977 - JPM
1:31.101 - Sato
1:31.421 - Trulli
* and now the gap *
1:31.861 - Coulthard
It's slow, isn't it?

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Three races... Somethings dun change, do they?;)

1) Michael Schumacher on pole.
2) Michael Schumacher on the top of the podium.
3) Montoya challenged strongly early but resigned to finish behind Schmacher.
4) Barricello played the perfect role of the 2nd driver.
5) Kimi blew an engine/didn't finish.
6) Coultard was terribly uncompetitive.
7) Ralfie messed up his own race.
8) Alonso, Button, Webber, Sato, Trulli showed promise and will be ones to watch.
9) Jordan joins Minardi at the back of the grid.
10) Critics points towards boring season ahead.

What's new?:D

paw;)

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
I reckon Ralfie won't be at Williams for much longer. Head has been on him several times now, and he made a stink about his contract negotiations with Williams.

In regards to the latter, Williams supposedly offered him a contract at Suzuka last year but then withdrew it before Ralfie had a chance to sign. Williams said that they would not negotiate with him until this year and that the decision whether to keep him on or let him go would be based on his performance this season, which seems to have been a good move by Williams.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Well Williams will have to start from scratch really with 2 new drivers...could work against them..which is good for Ferrari and Mclaren. I predict Webber and Button to move to Williams...

Although looking at Buttons role at BAR he could probably stay because he is like the Schumacher of BAR and he is being given everything he needs to grow...and further the team and himself a perfect environment really for him.

Williams will offer a crack at the title but I think once Honda start developing a better engine for BAR to go with the aerodynamic package that BAR are improving on it all looks like they are making gains on Ferrari...Williams and Mclaren.

Same can be said about Renault to a certain extent...although they still lack in the engine dept. Aerodynamically the Renault is very good...shame about their engine lacking that bit extra needed.

I'm surprised the Saubers are doing so poorly...they have a Ferrari engine and gear-box and they still seem slow...and the car design is a replica too...:dazed: Ferrari are not helping Sauber one bit I think to maximise the equipment given to them...

I'd like to see a more competitive races but...Ferrari are just not slipping up...(good but not interesting)...ah well there is always next year eh...

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
now, correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't Audi banned from the super touring competition (or something) in europe like a few decades ago for having an "unfair disadvantage" (too good of a car) over the other cars

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Audi was banned for using an illegal engine. Regulations prescribed that the engines should've been derived from engines used in roadcars, but the engine they claimed it was derived from and the engine they were actually racing even had a totally different V-angle....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts