Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Star Player
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
THIS IS IT!!!!:happy:

Our first WC match is just 4 days away and I can't wait anymore:depress: :D So I decided to take the honour of opening the match thread and give myself comfort:);)

My expected lineup is....;)
Code:
       Cavallero:hopefull:

Pochettino  Ayala  Samuel

Simeone

Zanetti  Veron  Sorin

Ortega   ???  C Lopez
Don't ask me who is going to start as CF....cuz even Bielsa doesn't know as yet:D Other than that, I have left out Kily to put Sorin in left-mid and C. Lopez as left-forward. I have gone for Cavallero as GK as you can see that I am always biased towards Celta players:rolleyes::tongue: Ortega is starting as I heard Canniggia won't be fit to start on June 2

Your views?:)

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
according to the last rumours, this would be the starting 11:

---------------Cavallero

---Pochettino--Ayala--Samuel

-zanetti-------Simeone-------sorin

------------------Veron

-Ortega--------------------------kily
------------------crespo

honestly, i believe these are the players that will be chosen by bielsa, exceot for the CF. i think bati still has a chance of being the starting CF.

i predict a 3-1. of course argentina wins. two batigoals, and ortega the other one. (the match will be extremly difficult, but i believe in our boys)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I see us winning by 2-0 or 3-1. Just a hunch, but hey I'll take any positive scoreline as long as we get all 3 points. I feel that Bielsa will start Crespo so I agree with batigold's line up with Crespo starting as our CF.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Please Bielsa, i want to see Bati start in his last WC, you can't deny the millions of Bati fans this privilege...God,....Batistuta needs to be our CF, i trust more his goal prowness than Crespo's---.

Batigoollll...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
aimar not gonna start???

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I dont care what the score is. I just want a win! I know our players have worked really hard to get here and will continue to play as a well organized team.

This game is the most important game in this group. We must win.

·
Registered
88 Posts
A repeat 1996 Olympic final

It will be another high scoring game, so I am going for a 3-2 repeat of the 1996 Atlanta Olympics final. The Eagles will win I think because of their superior physical strength. The fact that Cannigia is noy playing is a big bonus because he gave us a torrid time in 1994.

Rumours I hear are that this is how the Nigerian team will line up. This is not my favoured line-up and were I picking the team, I would do things differently but I am not the coach:

*********Ogbeche*************Aghahowa*******

*********************Kanu********************

*****Okocha************************Ikedia*****

********************Christopher****************

***Babayaro******Okoronkwo*******West*****Yobo***

***************Shorunmu*******************

Now here is a task for you guys. Please tell me which team each of these guys plays for.

No matter how hard any other animal tries, it can never soar to the heights of the eagle

·
Registered
658 Posts
Sounds good, if Crespo starts against Nigeria i thik we will see Bati against Engalnd, and porb Canni too he should be ok by then.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I expect the argentina attack will want to release some tension and to hit the ground running by scoring at least 2 goals.

We've got to take advantage of the weakest defence in the group and stick to the usual attacking formation.

·
Registered
88 Posts
There you go again Leg100

Leg100, there you go again, making wild statements without checking your facts. This is what makes us argue.

Did you see how easily penetrated the England defence was against Cameroon? Did you see how easily Wes Brown was beaten time and time again at right back by Pierre Wome? Did you see how unco-ordinated the chemistry between Ferdinand and Campbell was? The two of them have been like that all year and have been constantly going for the same ariel ball on many ocassions.

I have a simple question to ask you. When did you last watch the Super Eagles play?

I ask you this because I find it hard to understand how you can come out with all these irresponsible statements if you have ever watched the team. You just seem to swallow everything that the British media establishment dole out to you hook, line and sinker. I hope you do not believe their lies about the Falkland Islands this way.

I believe you are just a naive young man and that as that green begins to wear off you with time, you will learn how to read between the lines and not just buy ideas off the Sun and the BBC hook, wholesale. If I can give you some brotherly advice, can I suggest that in future, before you take what a person says, first of all try to assess that persons' worth and where he or she is coming from.

No matter how hard any other animal tries, it can never soar to the heights of the eagle

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
ayoakinfe and leg,

Listen, I'm all for debate,but let's not let things get out of hand. There is nothing wrong with an opposing view as long as one does not act with provocation.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thank you Czar

Thank you Czar. As you will notice, I have no quarell with any other person here. I visit at least six other sites including the Nigerian, England, Cameroonian and Leeds United sites. Passionate debates take place in all this forum and I am all up for it.

There is no way in the world one will not get disagreements or people of differing opinions. I am quite happy to have people disagree with me.

My problem with Leg100 is that he does not back up his wild assertions with facts. Please just read through his threads and tell me whether you do not agree with me that his opinions are tainted with British colonial bias.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
ayoakinfe...again buddy...you are giving me a fecking headache with your Negeria.....what do you wanna say????
that you will win against Argentina....???
okai..they,ll win.........I dunno what the hell Negeria has to go to the second round......

My predection..Negeria 10 - Argentina 0.....

·
Registered
88 Posts
Assassin, there is no need for that kind of uncultured and crude language. You can make your point without being rude.

By the way Nigeria is spelt with an i.

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
ayoakinfe is always welcome here.

as somebody said before, there are 31 other teams whose fans want to win.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ayoakinfe, Leg100 does not watch any other team but Argentina... so he does not think anyone is as good as Argentina..

You can see that the knowledgeable fans would not dismiss any team especially a team that have beaten them in the past and a team they have not been able to beat by more than a goal...

After June 2nd, he will be more willing to see that first games are always tough no matter who you play against

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I was thinking of one sticky thread where we can post Arg line ups, posting during the match and match reports for all Arg matches durin the WC inspite of one thread of every match.

What do you think guys?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
ayoakinfe said:
Assassin, there is no need for that kind of uncultured and crude language. You can make your point without being rude.

By the way Nigeria is spelt with an i.

Now..thats my language...

About your second line...why the heck I have to care about spelling your Negeria or Nirgirea or whatever....is that important to me???...TSUE TSUE.....

Again, don't coz me a headache with your super animals eagles...Twat

-------------------------------------------

1-1 goalessdraw.....what ganna happen after June 2 is soemthing you really don't want to experince. so go you and your lousy friend over there and burry yourself in some cave in Nergeria..

Twats

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
I'm locking this thread until you guys cool off.

Remember, after the group draw months ago, we invited people from Sweden, Nigeria and England to join this forum and talk about the group.

Czar or B9 you can unlock this thread when you come online tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Its okai Humbird........

I am calm down...

and you know that I welcome anybody in here..but he must know what he is saying...and if he says BS ..he must stop his crap

1 - 20 of 103 Posts