Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find in XT there is no thread for the news and rumors of other la Liga teams.
This thread is ONLY available for

1. Villarreal
2. Racing Santander
3. Valladolid
4. Mallorca
5. Malaga
6. Sevilla
7. Albacete
8. Zaragoza
9. Espanyol
10. Murcia

these ten remaining clubs which have no official thread in XT.
Please specific and name the clubs related above the news and rumors in order to make it clear.
Of course, you still can open new threads for their some big news.
Let me have a beginning. :D

[Espanyol]
Bolton target Wome wants Espanyol chance
http://tribalfootball.com/january/spanishnews3300104.html
Pierre Wome has told his agent to inform interested clubs that he isn't interested in a move away from Espanyol.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[Espanyol]

Espanyol in Inter Milan talks over Lamouchi, Kily
tribalfootball.com - January 29, 2004
Espanyol were in talks yesterday with Inter Milan over midfielder Sabri Lamouchi.
The 32 year-old is ready to quit Inter only six months into his contract after failing to nail down a first team place this season.
Espanyol chief Joan Collet confirmed the club's interest in Lamouchi after revealing that they were also in talks with Inter over winger Kily Gonzalez.
"If there is any chance, we will make it a priority to sign Kily. But we have already had two rejections from Inter," said Collet.

[Mallorca]

Mallorca Look To Movilla
01/28/2004. Mallorca coach Luis Aragones is very keen on signing Jose Movilla from his former club Atletico Madrid.
However, the talented midfielder seems happier to stay with the capital club, where he is currently out of favour with coach Gregorio Manzano.
Mallorca have just a few more days until the transfer window closes to convince the Spaniard to move to Son Moix until the end of the season.
SA Europe

[Zaragoza]

Zaragoza chief in UK to check on Rangers' Arteta
tribalfootball.com - January 28, 2004
Real Zaragoza are chasing Rangers midfielder Mikel Arteta.
Zaragoza transfers chief Pedro Herrera cut short a trip to South America to travel to the UK this week to explore the British transfer market.
Top of the agenda is to seek information on the availability of Arteta. Zaragoza insiders are convinced Rangers will sell the Spanish U21 ace if an offer of around £4 million arrives.
Meanwhile, Zaragoza continue to keep contact with Real Madrid midfielder Esteban Cambiasso. The Argie is off contract in the summer and keen to remain in Spain.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Thanx Real. I think it's a good idea. I was thinking about opening a Sevilla's thread, because it seems to be important enough to do so. For the rest, it's a good idea to have them here.

Any thoughts? :)

·
40,147 Posts
Spanish duo target Sakho
Friday, 30 January 2004

Leeds loan ace Lamine Sakho is attracting the interest of Spanish duo Racing Santander and Real Zaragoza.
Sakho is currently on a season-long loan from Marseille and his future is uncertain because of Leeds' financial plight.

Leeds would be willing to let the 26-year-old cancel his loan spell so as to ease their debts and Santander and Zaragoza are waiting in the wings to sign the winger.

Marseille have threatened to recall Sakho and team-mate Salomon Olembe from their loan spells at Leeds if they do not receive the money for the transfers from the cash-strapped club.

The French outfit could be willing to open talks with the Spanish duo for Sakho as they are both interested in signing him before the close of the transfer window.

Meanwhile, another Leeds loanee Zoumana Camara could be set for a move to Strasbourg.

The French defender seems certain to quit Elland Road with the club trying to end his loan deal.

Wolves and Bolton have been interested in the Lens ace along with Bastia, but it appears Camara has rejected their overtures and is in talks with Strasbourg

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
other than real madrid, malaga is another team i feel so close to.
it is because of dario silva and my brother-in-law.
yup, he is spaniard born in malaga. and very uniquely, there are only about 200 spaniard in hk.
he lets me know more about spanish culture and makes me closer to it and interested in it.

sadly, silva left malaga to sevilla.
then dely valdes and musampa went too.
since then, i have no more recall in it.
anyway, best wish to them. :D

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Koeman4 said:
Thanx Real. I think it's a good idea. I was thinking about opening a Sevilla's thread, because it seems to be important enough to do so. For the rest, it's a good idea to have them here.

Any thoughts? :)
Is it good to include the miscellaneous of the second division A and all the other lower divisons here?
One would not especially make a new thread for them even interested.

Anyway, Eibar and Alaves already have their thread in the Basque forum.

Let's discuss about which three will probably be relegated to the second division A and which three promoted to la liga. :)

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[Tenerife]
Tenerife bag Barca keeper
Struggling Tenerife have bolstered their defensive unit after bagging Barcelona keeper Robert Enke on loan.
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=183851&cpid=23

[Levante]
Bhoys fail in move for Spaniard
Celtic have failed in a bid to sign Spanish goalkeeper Jose Luis Mora from Levante.
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=183738&cpid=14

[Espanyol]
Espanyol coach Fernandez to leave in summer
Espanyol coach Luis Fernandez has confirmed he will leave the club at the end of the season.
http://tribalfootball.com/january/spanishnews1310104.html

·
40,147 Posts
Real said:
Is it good to include the miscellaneous of the second division A and all the other lower divisons here?
One would not especially make a new thread for them even interested.

Anyway, Eibar and Alaves already have their thread in the Basque forum.

Let's discuss about which three will probably be relegated to the second division A and which three promoted to la liga. :)
I don't think there's interest enough to make a Segunda Division A and B forum, since there's no fans of those teams here. Anyway, it won't hurt anyone, so if you think it's a good idea, for me it's okay too.

About the teams which will fall to Segunda and the ones promoting to Primera, I think it's a good idea, we can make a thread about it.

:)

·
40,147 Posts
RCD Mallorca miss out on Kapo
Saturday, 31 January 2004

Mallorca have failed with an attempt to sign Auxerre forward Olivier Kapo on loan.
Kapo is out of contract at the end of the season and can boast a string of admirers across the continent.

Fult Gd2C Bolton Wanderers, Barcelona, Marseille and Paris Saint Germain have all been credited with an interest in the 23-year-old.

The France international has admitted he is happy to see out his contract before leaving Auxerre in the summer.

But Spanish side Mallorca registered a bid to try to tempt both Auxerre and Kapo in to a deal before the close of the transfer window.

Mallorca wanted to take the gifted attacker on loan for the remainder of the season but Auxerre were not keen on a temporary deal.

A permanent arrangement proved to be a non-starter as Mallorca lack the funds to secure Kapo's services.

·
40,147 Posts
Fernandez explains quit talk
Saturday, 31 January 2004

Espanyol

By Francisco Acedo
Espanyol coach Luis Fernandez has moved swiftly to clarify remarks he made to a Catalan television station that suggested he would leave the club in the summer.
The Frenchman suggested that his family had remained in Paris adding "what happens, happens."

However the tactician has released an official statement via the club, explaining his comments.

"I have not discussed my future witl the club," said Fernandez.

"I came to Espanyol and left my wife and children in Paris. At the end of the season when we know where the team is at, my future will be negotiated.

"Both parties will have a say in what happens, that is what I was trying to say, and right now it is difficult to speculate on the outcome.

"The situation is very strange to me because it is the first time I have been at a club without my family.

"I cannot live another year without them. If I stay I will have to know they will be by my side.

"It is a shame that I did not express these thoughts with greater clarity, and that this created this confusion."

·
40,147 Posts
Dani signs for Zaragoza

Real Zaragoza have made Barcelona striker Daniel "Dani" Garcia Lara their first winter signing.
His contract will run until the end of the season, when the aragonese side will decide whether or not to renew it.

The 29-year-old has been out of favour at the Catalan club and has hardly played over the last two years.

Dani returns to the team he played for seven years ago, where he scored eight goals in two seasons.

He later played for Mallorca, before moving to the azulgrana.

New coach Victor Munoz will be hoping Dani will revitalise Zaragoza's poor season.

The recently-promoted side currently lie third from bottom, although their Copa del Rey performances have been more impressive.

They put out Dani's former club and will now play Alaves in the semi-final.

Dani has scored a total of 32 goals in La Primera.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Espanyol land Villa's Moroccan Hadji
tribalfootball.com - February 3, 2004

Espanyol have landed Aston Villa midfielder Mustapha Hadji.
The Morocco international joins Espanyol on-loan to the end of the season and will be unveiled at a press conference today.

The Barcelona club have the option of signing Hadji permanently in the summer. He has had a previous stint in Spain, having played for Deportivo La Coruna between 1997 and 1999.

===============

Espanyol president accuses Juventus of betrayel
tribalfootball.com - February 3, 2004

Espanyol have blasted Juventus over the collapse of Marcelo Zalayeta's move.
The Spanish Liga club had hoped to sign the striker on-loan to the end of the season, but Juve instead sent the Uruguayan to Perugia.

Espanyol president Daniel Sanchez Llibre blasted Juve chief Luciano Moggi, claiming the Italian had told him on Friday that everything "was finalised".

"The world of football is full of unreliable people. He confirmed everything to me by phone, but later we were sold down the river," declared Llibre.

"In 12 hours everything had changed. They deceived us and betrayed us."

Only a year ago the two clubs signed a partnership agreement, which should have smoothed Zalayeta's move to Spain.

"That's over, it's broken forever," concluded a furious Llibre yesterday.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Carson35 said:
Espanyol land Villa's Moroccan Hadji

He has had a previous stint in Spain, having played for Deportivo La Coruna between 1997 and 1999.
espanyol should make a good deal this time.
hadji is quite talented!

·
40,147 Posts
Zaragoza snap up Movilla
Tuesday, 03 February 2004

Atletico Madrid midfielder Jose Maria Movilla has moved to Primera rivals Zaragoza on loan until the end of the season.
The 28-year-old had insisted in recent months that he was keen to stay with Los Rojiblancos despite being out of the first-team picture, but ultimately decided to move on to secure regular action.

Movilla admitted he was sorry to be leaving Atletico, but was looking forward to the challenge of helping Zaragoza's fight against relegation.

"I leave Atletico, which is the team of my dreams, but I am very excited to be going to Zaragoza because I go with the opportunity to play," he stated.

·
40,147 Posts
Valladolid land Paraguayan starlet
Tuesday, 03 February 2004

Players:

Diego Figueredo
Teams:

Real Valladolid

New Real Valladolif plgning Diego Figueredo admits he is excited by the prospect of plying his trade in La Primera.
The 22-year-old midfielder put pen-to-paper on a five-year contract at Estadio Jose Zorilla, joining on a free transfer from Olimpia in his homeland.

Figueredo was voted best player in the South Amekhe n Pre-Olympic qualifying tournament last month, but admits he will have to work hard to secure a first-team berth with Valladolid.

"It's (Valladolid) a club with a lot of prestige in Spain and for that reason I want to take advantage of this great opportunity as soon as I can so that the manager (Fernando Vasquez) can count on me," stated the youngster.

"I will work hard and give my best to try and live up to expectations and the confidence shown in me."

Valladolid director of sport Santiago Llorente revealed that the club had high hopes of their South American import, and was hopeful the skilful midfielder would make a rapid impact.

"He is a natural central midfielder with great ability in attacking zones," declared Llorente.

"He is also powerful so we hope he can give us results quickly."

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Former Malaga Forward Usuriaga Shot Dead

02/12/2004. Former Malaga forward Albeiro Usuriaga has been shot dead outside his home in Cali.
According to reports, the 37-year-old Colombian died on his way to hospital in an ambulance after being attacked by at least two men.
SA Europe

:dazed:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[Racing]

Injury blow for Racing
Racing Santander defender Jose Moraton will be sidelined for two months with a leg injury.
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=184926

[Mallorca]

Eto'o unaware of Chelsea interest
Samuel Eto'o has denied any knowledge of whether Chelsea officials travelled to the African Cup of Nations to watch him in action.
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=186534

Boro spy on Auxerre star
Middlesbrough sent scouts to watch Auxerre's in-demand Olivier Kapo in action at the weekend.
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/article.asp?id=186466

Mallorca defender Ramis: I rejected Real Madrid
http://tribalfootball.com/february/spanishnews2180204.html

1 - 20 of 64 Posts