Xtratime Community banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
International
5,629 Posts
Yeah congrats on the board. BTW that guy you're referring to Game Rod has his cafe in Coimbra near the University. I think he charges 4 escudos for the espresso. Nice uh?

·
International
5,629 Posts
At full strength I like this team:
Schmeichel (awsome)
Rui Jorge
Andre Cruz
Beto
Cesar Prates
Vidigal
Delfim
Duscher
Barbosa
Mpenza
Acosta

Delfim is hurt and hasn't played in awhile. Duscher has been somewhat out form since he got back from Argentina.

Vidigal has been a super stud for this team along with the goals from Acosta. Vidigal right now is the best defensive midfielder in Portugal. He plays a Paulo Sousa type of game, although not as creative, he wins just about every ball, and shuts down the opponents stars.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Laureano, I wouldn't play with a left wing, but instead would have Acosta leaning towards there, and have Rui Jorge make those runs. However depending on the game we can easily take out Barbosa and insert Edmilson or Defrancheschi into the left side.

As for my favorite Sporting players, there's no doubt that Vidigal is the one, with Schmeichel a close second. IF there's one player that I would take from your team at this time it would be Vidigal.

·
International
5,629 Posts
Unfortunately this game is almost meaningless as Sporting pretty much locked the national championship this weekend. But you Sporting fans shouldn't underestimate Benfica and its heart!! We will play to win!!

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

·
International
5,629 Posts
You GO Lady Eagle! :)...Cool name by the way.

Some Sporting fans just don't know how celebrate 18 years of frustration coming to an end, so they are still lashing out over their teams ineptitude in the past by pointing out that our Benfica did not win this year. It's all good though...I'm sure that Sporting fans are very familiar with the term "Wait till next year"...and so we Benfica fans will with the greatest of optimism.

VIVA O BENFICA!

·
International
5,629 Posts
Parma doesn't own Sousa...He's on loan to them from Inter Milan.

·
International
5,629 Posts
SantaMaria, why do you keep bitching and moaning about the same thing? You sound like a little girl who scraped her knee! :)

Get over it man, your team lost, and now you have till Sunday to win your National Title. If you can't then it's another classical choke by SPorting. Although I hope not!

·
International
5,629 Posts
Congrats to Sporting and their fans who have been loyal to the team for years, and I even forgive them for thinking and partying like they were going to win the title vs Benfica :)!

Let's see if you can win the double!

·
International
5,629 Posts
I wouldn't rule out divine intervention in Sporting winning this year, it's got to be more than coincedence though...

·
International
5,629 Posts
Hey leave Claude alone...the man is awesome in the playoffs...see last nites Devils Flyers game!
BTW have you guys noticed that the Porto fans instead of commenting on how dirty Paulinho Santos is they are talking about hockey....talk about being ilusive! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.