Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems that i'm the first to write something for the sporting board, cool! well just want to say that although i don't know that much about portugese footbal, i think sporting will be champions2000. no other team has players like duscher, cruz delfim and of course mbo mpenza.

------------------
Always trying to be modest. And damn proud of it!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Wow the first to reply!
Nice, do I get a candy or something? :)

Hey, Sporting won yesterday and they will stick to the first place. Good! I hope they win this year, not that I'm a Sporting fan, but they've been waiting for too long. And 5 in a row is enough for Porto, they've already proved to be the best in these last ten years.

By the way, there's a café in Portugal owned by a SCP fan, and he promised he wouldn't raise the cofees' price until SCP won the Championship! That was 18 years ago...! :eek:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Great stuff im a bit dissapointed that nobody knows the official name .
We beat campo 2-0 great stuff.
4 pts clear lets hope Porto mess up!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Official Sporting @ 1999/00 Portuguese League thread

Can we like advertise our forum on other websites so that we can get more peole on our new forum.Face it 3 or 4 people arent really going to make an exciting forum.
Tell me now that we got a new forum can we speak s**t about FC Put*s without our post being deleted.
Viva Sporting (truest fans of all)
Viva Portugal

S

·
0 Posts
Paulo,

You are right, SCP are the truest fans of all because no other fan would stick by a team with such a poor track record in the last 18 years(no pun intended). Well except the Toronto maple leaf fans!!!

And just like Toronto fans, you too may be rewarded with success this year. Although second place will have to do; since BENFICA it bringing it home this year!!!!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sporting will win it the players know this and know we have to win every game from now till the end of thew season that is including Benfica.Next weekend though i hope Benfica will win then when the two Lisbon teams are in the CL it will make them strive to get further than the other.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
For the record I asked for the official name to be used. I don't know what happened.

------------------
VIVA SPORTING!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Congratulations on the board! Good luck (just not against Benfica :)).

·
International
5,629 Posts
Yeah congrats on the board. BTW that guy you're referring to Game Rod has his cafe in Coimbra near the University. I think he charges 4 escudos for the espresso. Nice uh?

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
First of all congrats for the new forum...I just want to ask who starts for sporting (when at full strength) and some information on every starter...does it look something like this?

Also what position does Vidagal play?

------------------
The sun will rise again...and it will be...GIALLOBLU!

·
International
5,629 Posts
At full strength I like this team:
Schmeichel (awsome)
Rui Jorge
Andre Cruz
Beto
Cesar Prates
Vidigal
Delfim
Duscher
Barbosa
Mpenza
Acosta

Delfim is hurt and hasn't played in awhile. Duscher has been somewhat out form since he got back from Argentina.

Vidigal has been a super stud for this team along with the goals from Acosta. Vidigal right now is the best defensive midfielder in Portugal. He plays a Paulo Sousa type of game, although not as creative, he wins just about every ball, and shuts down the opponents stars.

L

·
0 Posts
Official Sporting @ 1999/00 Portuguese League thread

Sporting - Campomaiorense

I saw the game and I felt that the 2nd Sporting goal, by Beto Acosta, via a penalty should not really have been a penalty, but maybe some of you saw it from a different angle.

What did you see ?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Maybe not a penalty there was no maybe about it was definately NOT NOT NOT a penalty.
Even if he had not won the ball way before he got the player he won the ball on the outside of the area.

·
Registered
964 Posts
RedEagle its not just Schmeical whos awesom every plyer in that suad is.Especially Beto,
Delfim,Duscher,Acosta etc...

L

·
0 Posts
Redeagle, surely your selection lacks width.
Where's the creativity and pace from wide areas, unless you've got Mpenza as right winger, who's supplying width on the left, just Rui Jorge getting forward?

·
International
5,629 Posts
Laureano, I wouldn't play with a left wing, but instead would have Acosta leaning towards there, and have Rui Jorge make those runs. However depending on the game we can easily take out Barbosa and insert Edmilson or Defrancheschi into the left side.

As for my favorite Sporting players, there's no doubt that Vidigal is the one, with Schmeichel a close second. IF there's one player that I would take from your team at this time it would be Vidigal.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Who makes the best partner for Acosta? I've seen Ayew, Mpenza and few others up front. Who's the best? If none are good enough, who can we get as a partner? Acosta doesn't seem too quick. Shouldn't we have a speed option up front? What about the youth teams? They have always been a pipeline for young blood.

------------------
VIVA SPORTING!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
With a win tomorrow, we have a four point lead!!! Let's hear it people!!! Where are the Sporting fans!! Am I the only one?!!

------------------
VIVA SPORTING!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Sporting need a win tomorrow amd will need a 4 point head start because of their very hard run in.
I for one dont think first place is yours far from it if you have seen your run in you would see that you have some very hard games much harder than benfica and porto's

1 - 20 of 308 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.