Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Sporting-Porto for the Taca

So here we have it boys another chance for Sporting to prove that they are better than Porto. So comeone who's going to win it ?

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I hope I'm wrong, but my gut says we'll win the Cup and lose the championship. Sporting seem to lose easy points to lesser teams and that will kill us if it continues to happen. We haven't lost a game in months, but there have been many squandered points. This is especially true on the road. Like I said, I hope this feeling is just anxiety. No one deserves victory more than we do.

------------------
VIVA SPORTING!!!
FORZA MILAN!!!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't beleive what I saw yesterday (Moreirense-Sporting Lisbon). What an embarresment. A pratically third division team and we barely score a goal. I never saw so much laziness in my life. The last month we have been playing with so much fatigue it's unbearable for a team who wants to compete in the champions league. We should have killed off the game in the first 15 minutes.About the game itself; Tonito entered the game well. As for Ayew;he is just not getting served great balls from the flanks.

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
Extratime now.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would personally put it down as a Secretario own goal personally :(

But that RTP coverage was a stinker :(

Reception was poor.....typical Portuguese technology...still living in the 17th century :)

------------------
FROM DA UK PORTISTA
VIVA O PORTO!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shut up Santamaria you tart :)

------------------
FROM DA UK PORTISTA
VIVA O PORTO!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Shut up Santamaria you tart :)

------------------
FROM DA UK PORTISTA
VIVA O PORTO!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Paulino Santos got suckered in the face now that is funny! He broke his little cheek bone that's what he gets for being a punk! It wasn't cool but hey he hit Acosta 1st....an eye for an eye. Paulino Santos should be thankin' God that Acosta didn't bite him like he did the ball after he got called for a foul!!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would have to agree with Dani on that one, barbosa had just about nothing to do with that goal, secretario kicked towards Hilario which was asking for it anyway and he basically did a palhaco impression and poof!! the ball is in the net..

·
Registered
964 Posts
Paulinho is an idiot

He denies something when he was caught on video punshing Acosta after Acosta skilfully got past him.And than he goes and runs into him , yeh maybe Acosta put out his elbow but i think Paulinho totally deserved it.
but i think the worst thing is that when palinho was being interviwed he denies that he hit Acosta and on the video replay you can see he clearly intended to do so.
Paulinho you have been hanging around PDC for to long.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Paulinho Santos had it coming. The guy's a cheap thug who shouldn't be playing football.

He just got a taste of his own medecine.

Interesting that when he punched Acosta in the face Acosta didn't even acknowledge it, yet alone complain.

As soon as Acosta got his retribution Santos was crying to the ref and anyone else who'd listen like a baby.

The guy's a bully and a pathetic one at that.

[This message has been edited by Santamaria (edited 22-05-2000).]

·
Registered
964 Posts
But he should have maid sure he was not caught on camera before denying it.
He plays for Porto im sure he could have asked PDC for a better explanation.
PDC is very experienced when it comes to this.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I love the way PDC sits on the bench, is this so he can eyeball the ref during the match to remind him of his reponsibilities.

The guy yesterday was definately a porto ref

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your paranoia just doesn't die down, does it? I thought the ref was excellent and I thought Porto had more flagrant chances of scoring than Sporting. Pinto da Costa sits on the bench to support his team. Nothing else...

·
Registered
119 Posts
yes i agree.stop using the Porto pays the refs excuse to compensate for a game in which you didnt even score a goal in...
remember Porto is not salgueiros and just because sporting had a hard time with Porto doesn't mean the refs were bought just means you can't beat our team even when they look like their not into the game..

·
Registered
964 Posts
Sporting played better than Porto and we won 3-4 fair challenges where a person could clearly see that we got the ball.
Did you see Porto were trying to break down our game because they could not keep up.
Look when Duscher shaved the post , One of the Porto defenders tried to Fowl Tonito on the build up to the shot he was late and Sporting almost caught Porto.
Chances in the match were about the same , but Sporting played better than Porto.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts