Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Savo will be loaned until June 30.

I wish he will have a great season so we can sell him for a lot of money. :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Good news for both Parma and Milosevic. Good luck Savo! I hope you get your career back in track at Spain.

Here is the official announcement from www.acparma.it :

"Il Parma A.C. comunica di avere ceduto in prestito al Real Saragozza l’attaccante Serbo Savo Milosevic. La formula è quella del prestito fino a giugno 2002."

Translation: "AC Parma announces that has loaned at Real Zaragoza Serbian striker Savo Milosevic. The deal is a loan untill June 2002"

PS. Guys, we can do without "go to hell" and "good riddance" jibes. Please. :)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
who are paying his wages?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
He was pretty close to a Betis switch, and I'm pretty sure he would have scored as hell there with their wing-play.

But Zaragoza is his old club and I hope he can get a good start and bang some goals in and get his confidence back. It was a shame he didn't succed in Italy.

Goodluck Savo. :)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
I hope savo will score as before in spain...he can do that...we all know...;)

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Ah well, good luck, I hope you can raise your value because it's about 5 Lira after your performances with Parma:(

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
EXCLUSIVE Savo refutes 'failure' tag

Wednesday 23rd January 2002

Parma striker Savo Milosevic has rejected suggestions that he failed in Italy after returning to Real Zaragoza on loan with a view to a permanent £10 million switch in the summer.

"This is by no means a backward step in my career," the Yugoslavia star told onefootball.com. "It certainly doesn't mean that my time in Italy should now be regarded as a failure.

"At the moment I feel like I need to be playing and at Parma I have not been given as many opportunities as I would have liked.

"I find the Spanish league really attractive and I think that coming back to Zaragoza will turn out to be a good move – even if it is only provisional."

Zaragoza will pay Parma £1.9 million to keep Milosevic until the end of the season, providing the former Aston Villa forward passes a medical on Thursday.

And Zaragoza president Alfonso Solans revealed to onefootball.com that the club also had first option to sign Milosevic at the end of the season if he impresses.

"He is exactly the sort of player we have been after," explained Solans. "We need a consistent goalscorer. He also knows this country and this club really well and that should help him."

Milosevic scored 38 goals in 72 matches during his last Liga stint and Zaragoza hope he can pull them clear of the relegation zone.

He joined Parma for around £16 million after finishing Euro 2000 as joint leading scorer with Holland star Patrick Kluivert.

But his career has gone stale at the Ennio Tardini stadium – he has hit the target just once in ten appearances this season – and Parma have recently signed Hakan Sukur from Internazionale.

Milosevic saw a loan move to Real Betis fall through last week when the Spanish side refused to match his wage demands. A deal with Blackburn Rovers also collapsed.

The move to Zaragoza caps a busy couple of days for the club, who sacked coach Txetxu Rojo on Tuesday after a series of poor results left them fifth from bottom.

Luis Costa, who has stepped in as caretaker manager until the end of the season while the search goes on for a permanent replacement, was delighted with his new singing.

"It's just a big joy for all of us, even for the players, because they all have great memories of him," Costa said. "I just hope he will be in the same shape as when he left, but I don't think he will be fit to play next Sunday."

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Savo scored 2 goals in his spanish comeback against Rayo.

He seems to fit better in spain don't you think?? :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Thats so typical. I'm sure he will end up with something like 15 goals and single-handlely lead Zaragoza out of relegation trouble and in the UEFA Cup.

I'm happy for him.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good for him. He scored on his debut and Sukur scored for us. Couldn't be better. Hopefully he will build up a really good reputation in Spain so we can get some serious money for him. :)

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
But isn't the fee for a possible move allready set?? I heard it was £10 m or something like that.

But it's nice to see him performing good at least.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yes, they have option to buy him for 10 million pounds...

And by the way, they pay us 2 million pounds for the loan. So if everything goes right we will sell him for 12 million pounds while we bought him for 15. So the Savo fiasco will cost us only 3 millions... Considering his second half of last season, its not that bad... financially at least...

:)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
£10M is around $15M, isn't it?

And we will get $3M for the loan? So in total it's $18M. We bought him for $26M but I guess we still lost $8M on him. But it's not too bad. He scored 9 goals for us. Almost $1M per goal. :rolleyes:

Seriously, $15M for Milosevic is more than I'd hoped for. So it's all good. :)

I wonder what will happen with the Amoroso fiasco. Do you think we ever will see Evanilson in Parma? I don't. Hopefully Dortmund will give us the money instead. Didn't they value that Evanilson dude to around $20M or something? Crazy!

BTW, we're linked with Fabio Pecchia for next season. A good deal in my books. Pecchia's been very good for Bologna this season.

But my dream signing is Dalmat. He's french and will fit in nicely with Frey, Djetou, Lamouchi, Micoud and Bogho and he's probably not going to be a starter in Cuper's Inter.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Dalmat would be a dream, but he is a starter in Inter (although he hasn't got a fixed place, they just seem to push him in somewhere in midfield).
He's been pretty injured, but I'm pretty sure Inter will not sell him unless we give them Canna or some crap like that :rolleyes:.

I'm pretty sure Evanilson won't come to Parma as you said. And his overvalue is a consequence of us wanting to get rid of Amoroso without loosing our face. So we "sell" Amoroso for $ 25 m or whatever, but in reality we get something like $ 10 m.

And yes $ 15 m for Savo would be a pretty good deal. :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If we are going to sell Cannavaro, which I think we will, why can't we ask for Dalmat, or maybe Christian Zanetti? We can't just allow them to run us over and I hope Sacchi is smart enough to play his Canna card the best he can.

Right now Dalmat is injured. But I don't think Cuper will play him in the centre of the midfield. And on the wings they will have Conceicao on the right and Jörgensen/Recoba on the left.

BTW, did you know that Sacchi used his "veto" to stop a deal that could have seen Marchionni going to Lazio? I think Sacchi will make a real difference compared to the clueless donkeys that goes by the name of Fedele and Larini. Sukur seems to be a stroke of genius. Although he's only played one game from start I think he showed why we bought him. He was great. Got very good grades from the papers as well. Well done Arrigo! :)

Also, Carmignani has apparently said that he consider Micoud to be more important for his plans than Nakata. In fact, he thinks Nakata isn't a trequartista at all as he sees him as more of a pure midfielder. Or should I say, Lamouchi's sub. Don't know what this means to be honest. Probably that we will sell him in the summer. Unless the new coach is of a different opionion of course.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Yeah, Sacchi is really the man with the plan. Great to have him running things. :proud:

About Dalmat, since Inter's midfield lack's any type of creativity I'm pretty sure he'll be in the line-up in one way or another. Possibly on the right since Sergio hasn't produced much.

The Nakata thing is very interesting though. Whenever Nakata played as a playmaker, he sucked. But before he got injured he got a chance to play deeper in the field as Lamouchi's back-up as you said, and there he played really good.

But if this is true, he would be somewhat like Veron no? A playmaker who can also play deeper, even in a 4-4-2. That would be even better to me, then that he is a pure playmaker.

I didn't see the Parma-Bologna match, but where did Micoud play?? Did we play like diamond with Micoud as a playmaker?

I get a little confused by Carmigiani if he said this, since he also said that he wouldn't play with a playmaker, and then says that Micoud is more of a playmaker then Nakata is, and play's with him.

But I think the new coach, whoever that might be, should have his say in which players to keep.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Obviusly the new coach will have a say. I just want to see players that dont have anything to offer anymore go. Boghossian, Torrisi and probably Almeyda. They have worked good for Parma, and I admire them for that but time is over. Of course, Maini, Falsini, Gurenko and the likes should also go. I'm not too sure about Micoud. I do rate Nakata higher and as much as he is the best we have right now, Micoud doesnt convince me.

We'll see. Escaping relegation and making the UEFa cup through Coppa Italia should be our targets now. And we'll achieve them! :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know much. But if we don't keep the following players I will be very pissed off.

Frey
Ferrari
Diana
Sartor
Lamouchi
Appiah
Marchionni
Di Vaio
Bonazzoli
Bolano

Obviously I'd be delighted if we could hang on to Cannavaro as well but the rest could go without me losing sleep over it.

But players like Djetou, Almeyda, Micoud, Nakata, Mboma and a few others still have time to convince me.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
I'd keep Djetou and Junior too. Without doubt. Even perhaps not as permanent starters. Still two very good players to have.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts