Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else thinks that it's annoyingly pro-Samp, and generally not great? I love the way they omit anything slightly controvertial in any of the interviews (eg Falcone talking about his contract renewal, or Novellino criticising Pagano before he was loaned out and Inzaghi last week), and I hate the way that they hail every signing as the best ever player in the world and barely mention anyone who gets sold.

The only good thing would be the video highlights, but you have to pay for them now..

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
I am yet to see a official website that isn't ridiculously onesided. It's propaganda, you can't very well expect them to write things damaging to the club.

It's boring, and I never bother checking official sites, but it's the way it is.

Edit:
To contradict myself, wasn't it Spurs who gave out a press release saying Rivaldo wasn't interested in joining their club because they were too small, or something like that? It's sincere and refreshing, but hardly admirable from a business POV.

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
The official site is really disappointing. It is not just ridicously onesided (sometimes in the past they decided to give ratings for the games but never chose ratings lower than 6 :dielaugh: ) but it's imprecise! They made silly mistakes in the past like taking our Camerunian Job, Thomas Hervè, with the one of Middlesbrough, Joseph Désiré, then wrong and hardly updated statistics...
Since they want money for highlights, interviews and even just for the news (!) I hardly open it.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Only use I see for it is when a newspaper or website says that Samp has signed a new player, so that you can go in and see if it's been officially confirmed.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I open it so i can the image on the front page! :thumbsup:

BTW, ive posted links in the "La Gazzetta Della Samp" thread. On one of the sites, when you click on links it gives you tones of other samp websites.

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
While at it, you are doing a great work in the Gazzetta della Samp, Sampdoria. :thmbup:

The next step is getting the telephone numbers of the Velenose and putting them there. :D

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, agree that the images on the first page are nice (having said that, today's isn't particularly special..), shame you can't get the rest of them unless you pay!

I'd be interested to know how many people are subscribed to 'Samp World' actually (I'm going to sound like my grandad now, but what's wrong with 'Mondo Samp'??).

40 Euros a year probably isn't that bad actually if like me you live abroad and rarely get to see the goals, but I still can't stand how pro-Samp and uninformative the site is, even though as has been pointed out this is pretty inevitable.

·
Registered
46,408 Posts
bogliaschino said:
40 Euros a year probably isn't that bad actually if like me you live abroad and rarely get to see the goals, but I still can't stand how pro-Samp and uninformative the site is, even though as has been pointed out this is pretty inevitable.
As regards the goals, watch here:
http://www.abu-jassim.com/italy/week23/

change the number of the week and you'll get the other goals.

Then watch in the videoclips forum here on Xtratime, there are for sure the highlights of the game vs Milan and maybe some more highlights. ;)

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showthread.php?t=141664

1 - 9 of 9 Posts