Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Official Sampdoria Thread

Ok so now I've started a Sampdoria thread open to everyone. ;)

Samp's traditionally a big team in Italy, in the late 80's early 90's they had a lot of success, in 1991 they even won the Scudetto, a great performance, a year later they reached the final of the European Cup and lost to Barca in the final. :(

Now after 2 years in the 5th spot this year promotion has to be achieved. But things haven't been going well lately with the loss against rivals Genoa earlier this month.

This weekend Samp tied Modena at home 1-1:

The game's stats
SAMPDORIA - MODENA 1-1 (1-0)

Serie B 2001-2002, Week 14th
Genova
Sunday November 25th, 2001

Sampdoria: Mondini, Sakic, Grandoni, Conte, Bonomi
(70'Traversa), Lombardo (65'Vasari), Cucciari (85'Sinagra),
Marcolin, Possanzini, Iacopino, Flachi.
(Casazza, Stendardo, Jurcic, Jovicic).
CT: Bellotto.

Modena: Ballotta, Mayer (46'Orfei), Cevoli, Ungari, Ponzo,
Grieco, Milanetto, Balestri, Pasino (75'Tarana), Veronese
(69'Rabito), Fabbrini.
(Zancopè, Domizzi, Kamara, Zironelli). CT: De Biasi.

Referee: Treossi.

Scorers: 15'Flachi, 64'og Marcolin(M).

Corners: 8-4 Modena.

Sent Off: 92'Mayer(M).

Booked: Marcolin(S), Fabbrini(M), Ponzo(M), Iacopino(S),
Grieco(M), Pasino(M), Sakic(S), Mondini(S).

Attendance: 12636.

Samps now in the 12th spot 9 points away from a promotion spot.

12 Sampdoria 16 13 4 4 5 14 14

Next week Samp will be playing Messina away, should be interesting, especially to IL TORO. ;)

All comments are welcome!!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
I think Belloto should switch to the 4-4-2 again, it suits the team better, altough the 3-5-2 gave them more succes.

My line-up's

4-4-2:

Mondini
Sakic-Grandoni-Conte-Traversa
Vasari-Tricarico-Marcolin-Possanzini
Flachi-Luiso

3-5-2:
Mondini
Sakic-Grandoni-Conte
Vasari-Tricarico-Marcolin-Bonomi-Traversa
Flachi-Luiso

Lombardo should be benched, he didn't helped Sampdoria at all, Vasari is much better, Lombardo can't even play more than 60 min.:(

Other players:
Cazzasa GK
Stendardo CD
Esposito RW/ST
Jovocic ST
Iacopino LW/ST
Sanna CM
Cucciari LM
Zivkovic RM/LM
Jurcic CM

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And again Samp failes to win :( :mad: .

MESSINA - SAMPDORIA 1-1 (1-0)

Serie B 2001-2002, Week 15th
Messina
Sunday December 2nd, 2001

Messina: Marruocco, Accursi, Sportillo, Campolo, Di Meglio,
Marra, Di Fausto, Obbedio, Godeas, Sullo (88'Iannuzzi),
Gutierrez (76'Tedoldi).
(Manitta, Corino, Romano, Molino, Criaco).
CT: Arrigoni.

Sampdoria: Mondini, Grandoni, Cucciari, Sakic, Conte,
Sanna, Lombardo (55'Vasari), Marcolin (62'Esposito),
Flachi, Iacopino (84'Bonomi), Possanzini.
(Casazza, Traversa, Tricarico, Stendardo)

Referee: Morganti.

Scorers: 40'Sullo, 89'Flachi(S).

Corners: 4-1 Sampdoria.

Booked: Accursi(M), Possanzini(S), Grandoni(S),
Sportillo(M), Sakic(S), Gutierrez(M).

Attendance: 10000.

Cucciari the surprise in the defence and Iacopino again as the second striker, and again it's evident how much Samp misses Luiso. :(

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Like I said in the 'lower league' thread I'm quite happy with this result. I still haven't seen the game yet but I hope to see a replay or highlights atleast.
Did you see it Drulic?

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope hope to catch the highlights though, I've only read the match-report.

Anyways look forward to meeting again later this season. ;)

here are the standings in the Serie B after the 14th round:

Points Games Wins Draws Lost G/For G/Against
Empoli 30 14 9 3 2 24 13
Como 29 14 9 2 3 19 13
Modena 28 14 8 4 2 29 11
Reggina 26 14 7 5 2 19 10
Cosenza 23 14 7 2 5 22 21
Genoa 22 14 6 4 4 17 11
Palermo 21 13 6 3 4 17 17
Vicenza 21 14 5 6 3 21 22
Salernitana 21 14 6 3 5 18 18
Messina 18 14 4 6 4 13 15
Ancona 18 14 5 3 6 12 15
Bari 18 14 5 3 6 11 15
Sampdoria 17 14 4 5 5 15 15
Napoli 16 13 4 4 5 12 15
Pistoiese 13 14 3 4 7 8 13
Cagliari 12 14 2 6 6 9 15
Crotone 11 14 2 5 7 15 19
Ternana 11 14 1 8 5 12 17
Cittadella 11 14 3 2 9 19 26
Siena 9 14 1 6 7 12 21

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well quite a while ago I tried to start a Samp thread but I seemed to be the only one interested, now I see a couple of Samp fans have joined as new members so I decided to give this a shot again.

In this thread we can discuss everything about Sampdoria.

Forza Sampdoria

And PS Lav can you make this thread stick ;) thanks bro

·
Registered
40 Posts
Its good to see that somebody got sence and created something for sampdoria and there are actually others who support them. I finally got to see Flachi's overhead from a couple of weeks ago. If anyone has not seen it ye should go to http://www.armatablucerchiata.com to see a truely brilliant goal. Thanks to Albertone for that link by the way.

Just wondering about a few things you said Drulic, How long is Luiso out for and you said you were hoping to catch the highlights of the MESSINA - SAMPDORIA game, is there a web site for that? And the less said about Samp v Barca the better!

And Willem I don't think you can really argue with Belloto's tactics at the moment, he has done very well since taking over altough you may be right.

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well to answer your questions Luiso is back, and games I sometimes watch on Rai through a satellite.

Anyway this weekends game.

COSENZA - SAMPDORIA 0-0 (0-0)

Serie B 2001-2002, Week 21st
Cosenza
Friday January 18th, 2002

Cosenza: Micillo, Guzzo, Di Sole, Oshadogan, Parisi,
Moscardi, Edusei, Pavone (46'Modesto), Tatti,
Zaniolo (92'Morante), Giampaolo (66'Apa).
(Falcioni, Paschetta, Altomare, Antonelli).
CT: Mondonico.

Sampdoria: Mondini, Sakic (84'Zivkovic), M.Conte, Grandoni,
Sanna, Vasari (92'Lombardo), Cucciari, Bernini, Esposito,
Flachi, Luiso (66'Possanzini).
(Casazza, Stendardo, Iacopino, Marcolin).

Referee: De Santis.

Corners: 3-2 Sampdoria.

Booked: M.Conte(S), Giampaolo(C), Zaniolo(C),
Di Sole(C), Vasari(S).

Sent Off: 94'Parisi(C).

Attendance: 3000.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Mancini Return??

With the new board taking control of Sampdoria and Mancini leaving Fiorentina, does anybody think that he could return to Sampdoria in some capacity? It would be hard for him to become manager since the existing manager has done well since talking over but it would still be brilliant seen him back.

He has reportatly turned down a chance to join Vialli at Watford and one would wonder where he may go next. I can't see somebody like him staying out of the game for too long.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi everybody :)

It's my first post, so i would really say hello to everybody and to all of you Sampdoria's fans from all over the world.
It will be my pleasure to intervene in posts regarding Sampdoria, and please feel free to visit Quaderno Blucerchiato ,an italian language site where you can find news about the squad and Sampdoria's supporters world at www.blucerchiati.net ; inside you will also find a forum in which you can intervene in english tongue too.....someone of us will be happy to reply to you ;).
Thanx to Albertone that brought to our knowledge this forum, and thanx to Drulic that already posted a message in our site.

See u soon.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: Mancini Return??

De Jaffa said:
I can't see somebody like him staying out of the game for too long. [/B]
hi de jaffa, hi drulic. this is my second post and i hope we will open a new samp forum togheter, as soon as possible.

i agree with you: mancio is The Legend. however, i don't think mancini will come back to sampdoria. there are so much people still ating him in genova. and now mister bellotto is doing very well. maybe next year, or in two or three year i hope he will return, maybe with gianluca vialli, and they will make sampdoria great again!!!!! but it is a long time project. now, our reality is to fight, sunday after sunday, with mister bellotto and the other guys, to reach that given sarie a. this is our dream now.

see you

we love you, sampdoria, teacher of life and neverending friend.

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mancini is indeed a legend but I don't see him returning to Samp at this point, as said before in this thread Bellotto is doing a fine job for now, the last 3 games Samp got 7 points, so we're on the right track again.

I want to welcome our new members, wrightpatterson and BOBO73.

All the news you have on Sampdoria post it in this thread.

·
Registered
28 Posts
For who's looking for italian avi or mpeg films about Sampdoria and others serie B squads, refer to www.armatablucerchiata.com
and to www.raisport.rai.it , the italian tv site......but i don't know whether u can find something about Messina - Sampdoria........

For what concern MANCINI, IMHO i think that the player's and Sampdoria's destiny will be togheter again in the future....but i don't know when this could happen........

See u soon!

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mancini is just of the many legendary players Sampdoria has had, when I think of the last decade I think of names like, Gullit, Mancini, Karembeu, Signori, Lombardo, Mihajlovic, Jugovic, Veron, Seedorf all great players. And now Flachi might be our next great player, from what he's shown this season he's a top-class player.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We hope the new board to renew Flachi's contract, expiring in June...........it'll be a bad loss in case they will not reach an agreement......He's really the only top - class player we have now in our squad......And it's the first point to match for making another dream - Sampdoria - team i think..........

·
Registered
42 Posts
Wriht, BOBO...figgieu s'ei fantastici!!!

Bellissimo che siate qui a darmi una mano...with my bad english i was in the end...i'm a disperate case!

Bye my sampdorian friends, i comeback here tomorrow(...visto ragazzi... che parlo come TARZAN...) for to talk about our magic Sampdoria.

Today is a magic day, because ...born the first international forum Sampdoria's people!! I 'm very happy!

Ciao a presto e ...FORZA SAMPDORIA

Tarzan alias Albertone!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Just samp in genova,you know all very well.

FORZA SAMPDORIA!!!!!Mancini is our FLAG,as we are uesd to say,but his return in sampdoria is not the best thing,because now we are trying to build a new reality.Mancini,it 's a sad thing to say,but he rapresents the past.
We believe in the future.
A brilliant future.
GENOVA è SOLO BLUCERCHIATA.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Hello!

Just samp in genova,you know all very well.

FORZA SAMPDORIA!!!!!Mancini is our FLAG,as we are uesd to say,but his return in sampdoria is not the best thing,because now we are trying to build a new reality.Mancini,it 's a sad thing to say,but he rapresents the past.
We believe in the future.
A brilliant future.
GENOVA è SOLO BLUCERCHIATA.

·
Banned
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Now it's my turn to welcome to you to the board Skogeta, maybe we should all introduce ourselves? or something like that?

And we should also choose a topic to discuss. ;)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Hello all. I'm not a Sampdoria fan but I admire them and I really, really dislike Genoa so I guess I have a soft spot for Samp.

Well, I basically dont think Samp can make it to Seria A this season. :( I think we already know who is going up: Modena, Empoli, Reggina and only left to fight for is the 4th place, though, I give Como a very big possibility. Unless Como ****s up and Napoli manages to do REALLY good, Como will be the 4th.

I think that right now the only players at Samp who are good enough are Flacchi (obviusly), Possanzini, Luiso,Tricarico and Grandoni. I think Vasari has had enough time to impress with Samp and he just hasnt done anything which justifies his place in the team and his label of "important" player. He is better than Lombardo but this doesnt say much, does it? I also think players like Sanna, Sakic and Marcolin should never start. They are good back ups but thats it.

Auguri a tutti i tifosi di Sampdoria per un rapido ritorno a Seria A. Il campionato che Samp merita. Vai Samp, vai!

1 - 20 of 96 Posts