Xtratime Community banner

3741 - 3754 of 3754 Posts

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
And Felipe Anderson is going to West Ham for €30 millions. I don't get this deal. Maybe Felipe wants leave but clearly we could have done a better deal than this and he could have joined a better club than West Ham.

Usually Lotito is trying to squeeze the most out of any deal but this time it's too cheap.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
And a large chunk of the money will go to Santos, too. Although it remains to be seen what the final sum is, if the transfer indeed will go through...

Anderson is a tough one to figure out, really. The performances he had late in the season were impressive and based on them I would have liked to keep him. But at the same time it has to be remembered that he's had some absolutely horrible games and has a tendency to run himself tired after 60 minutes if he starts. And if Inzaghi doesn't plan him as a starter, selling him this summer obviously makes sense. We're not really in a position to keep 30-40 million euro subs.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
He did play bad but he came off a lenghtly injury and it took time for him to get back in form. If he can get through a preseason without injuries I think we would see a better version of him the coming season and if SMS is going we will have to reshuffle the midfield anyway. He could also be deployed on the right instead Marusic.

In either event €30 mio. is too little for Felipe.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Riza Durmisi is a done deal and Valon Berisha from RB Salzburg also looks done. I don't really get these signings. Durmisi only makes sense if we are selling Lukaku and even then I'm not sure he is good enough to cut it.

Berisha is a left winger but we don't play with wings. Maybe he could compete for a spot in central midfield but instead of who? A replacement for SMS if he goes? We must aim higher than that.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
I don't know much about Durmisi, but Berisha can be a useful signing. He has the skill level for Serie A and he's a fighter. He's quite versatile, but I see him mostly as a potential long-term replacement for Lulic and for 7 million it's definitely not a bad deal.

Meanwhile, Juve appear to have given up on SMS. Let's see whether they really want him in England.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Acerbi confirmed as De Vrij's replacement. 10m+2m bonuses. I really like this signing, definitely the best Serie A defender we could have realistically hoped for.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Acerbi is a done deal, and yeah it's a good catch. An experienced Serie A defender is just what the team needs. A five year contract for a 30 year old is a bit steep but it might just be what can give us a bit of continuity at the back.

Felipe Anderson left the training ground and is expected to sign for West Ham. They already signed Jack Wilshire and Yarmolenko so they're stocking up in midfield.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
They seem to be going the high risk/high reward way with their transfer campaign...

Now the big decision concerns SMS. Felipe can be replaced, he was not really a starter anyway. 40m, potentially 45m is not a bad price at all. It should mean that we don't need to sell anyone else (except unwanted players like Lukaku) and still can buy our main targets. But if Sergej wants to leave and a monster offer comes, it will probably not make sense to keep him.

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Two more arrivals are imminent, Correa from Sevilla (16m is the figure discussed) and Badelj with a free transfer. Correa is a player of great potential, but he could also turn out to be a flop. There's some talk that the transfer will be loan with option to buy and I hope that's the case. Every Serie A fan knows that Badelj is a useful, reliable player. His arrival would probably mean that Cataldi will be sold, even though it's said that Inzaghi has liked his performance during training.

And apparently Lukaku is staying and renewing his contract. Weird.

3741 - 3754 of 3754 Posts