Xtratime Community banner

3721 - 3740 of 3762 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,448 Posts
True enough. He might not be the player he once was, but he'll still be a massive improvement over playing Luis Alberto or Milinkovic out of position. Not to mention Palombi or Lombardi.

Now if we can get rid of a few unwanted players as well and hopefully sign a CB, our transfer campaign will have a happy end after all. :)

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
The prices on young prospects has gone absolutely mental the last couple of years partly beacuse of the rules about homegrown players. So if these two are actually quality, I don't think 26 million is that bad.

Nani. Maybe a good short term solution and as a mentor for the young guns. I just think he's EXTREMELY annoying.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
I honestly thought Nani must be at least 35... Shows how much I follow football these days. ;)

·
38,448 Posts
You almost gave me a heart attack... I thought you meant 35 million! :stress:

·
Registered
46,849 Posts
Bit of a gamble. But a pretty exciting one in the hope he does well.

·
38,448 Posts
Latest word is that the Nani transfer is a loan deal with the option to buy. Sounds pretty good if that's indeed the case.

·
38,448 Posts
So, at the end of the day:

- Morrison is off to Mexico on a loan with an obligation to buy based on certain conditions that I can't fully get confirmed.
- Kishna has been loaned out to ADO The Hague.
- Lombardi has been loaned out to Benevento

Marchetti, Djordjevic and Patric were on the transfer list but didn't move.

The Paletta deal fell through and there were were no further arrivals. Hopefully the lack of defensive depth doesn't come back to bite us in the behind. We do have Caceres possibly arriving in January, but that's still a ways off. Maybe Mauricio will become part of the squad again temporarily?

·
38,448 Posts
Kishna is done for the season, with a torn ACL.

Sad news. But he's young enough to recover and pick up his career where he left off.

I have no idea what happens now. If Lazio recalls him to treat him at their own medical facility or if he can stay at ADO.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Terrible news. Fortunately with modern medicine those ACL injuries aren't what they used to be. The layoff is long but he's indeed young and will get a chance to pick up his career. Probably not with Lazio, though...

·
38,448 Posts
On social media he vowed to play for ADO again, but I'm not so sure. At the earliest he could return in April and maybe play one or two games. But if you recall what happened to players such as Ronaldo and Van Nistelrooy when they returned too soon, you have to question the wisdom of that, especially considering that the guy is on loan. I can certainly imagine Lazio not being in favor of him risking further injury in such a scenario.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
True, although there has been a lot of development in treating ACL injuries since the days of Ronaldo and van Nistelrooij. We'll see how the recovery goes, but obviously even in the best case this is a huge wasted season for him. If he wasn't considered good enough for Lazio this season, what chance is there for him after spending almost an entire season injured, even if he recovered fully...

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
There are rumours that Svennis is trying to lure Immobile to Shanghai in a €70 mio bid and huge wages. It was bound to happen but for us and Immobile's sake, I hope it won't happen. He is still young and it would be a crying shame to see him flush his career down the toilet by going to China.

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
If he keeps playing like that we can easily sell him for 70 million or more in Europe. So if the Chinese want him we need to demand at least a 100 million. :)

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
As expected we have brought in Martin Caceres. While he is a well known name with loads of experience from big clubs I doubt that a guy from the second worst defence in Serie A is the right solution to our defensive issues.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
The question is whether Bastos or Wallace would have done better in Verona...I have my doubts.

Caceres is experienced and should suit the right side of a three-man defence. Now that he has stayed healthy, as well, I think it's a good addition.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Palombi on loan to Salernitana.

Otherwise it's very quiet in the rumours department which is perhaps for the better. The January market is usually the time we pick up completely useless duds like Bisevac. Maybe we can hope for some of the deadwood like Dordevic and Marchetti to be offloaded but otherwise I don't expect much changes.

In an ideal world I would like an upgrade on Caicedo who I don't rate much, but it would be a tough deal to get someone better that would still accept the bench as Immobile's reserve.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
We needed an experienced defender and got one. After that there's no real need for new players.

But of course there's the De Vrij contract saga to keep this transfer window interesting. If the media reports are true, then it should be a no-brainer. Lotito should admit defeat and give the 20m or whatever release clause which will most probably be activated in the summer. At this point, I'm afraid the only viable alternative is that he will leave for free.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
De Vrij is gone in the summer, so yeah give him that release clause.

If a good midfielder becomes available in this window, we should go for it for long term planning. LOLic, Parolo and Leiva are all +30 and while they're all playing well at the moment, it's an area we will have to address soon anyway.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Rumours say that De Vrij has decided against his agent's wishes and will sign a new deal. We'll see, could be the usual media bullshit as well...

But that would no doubt be the best news we could hope for this transfer window. I honestly believe that De Vrij is just as good as Van Dijk who went for 75 million pounds. To have a defender like that in our team in the fight for the CL spot is almost invaluable.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Strong rumours that we are going for Danish wingback Riza Durmisi who lost his spot in Betis Sevilla. He is a fast paced left back who works hard but he was left out of the Danish World Cup squad because he is not good enough defensively. Instead the Danish national team plays with a righ legged player on left back.

Durmisi is no better than LOLic or Lukaku, so this is a strange transfer for me if it goes through.

3721 - 3740 of 3762 Posts