Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: www.asroma.it

Roma signed with Mediaset for two years, 65 mil per year with option for third.

I'm not expert with money issues so i really can't tell is it a good deal or not. but the way everybody talks it seems like a good move.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Sure it is. I saw some headline with "210 million for Spalletti to join the big three"... or something, and obviously that's BS.

Without having looked into it, I think you prolonged the current deal by two years with the option added, for a total sum of app. 210 for three years.

I think we've had the discussion before so the current numbers should be here somewhere, but right now I believe you're getting some 55-58 million a year. The improvement as such should be something around 10 million a year all else being equal.

...and more than anything - it provides for stability and the opportunity to plan ahead, provided your finances are otherwise getting better as previous reports have indicated.

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Spalletti: “Se si possono spendere 210 milioni si va in competizione con Milan, Inter e Juve!"

Looks like we may very well be making a run at the Scudetto next season. Great news along with Totti's progress. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Seems like a very good deal. Here is a translated summary thanks to Zeddicus Due from the Addicts board:

AsRoma has signed a two year contract with RTI (Mediaset) for all TV rights. The deal (for season 2007-2008 and 2008-2009) is worth 65 mln euro per year, to be paid in quarterly installments (from 2007 and on). In addiction to that, RTI will give 15 mln euro to AsRoma for an option on season 2009-2010 tv rights, the option will be paid by 31 march 2006. The total is 145 mln euro.
Of course, that doesn't mean we'll have huge money to spend on transfers, but it definitely gives us a better chance to keep the current stars and make some moves on the transfer market.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Not really big bucks, in the scheme of things, with the amount of money that has gone to the other clubs it pales in comparison.

Like what was said earlier, will help us to keep our current crop for maybe a season or two more. Bad thing about the team going well is everyone wants to be paid more. Funny that they don't ask for less when we were hovering above the drop zone last season...

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Well the money is pretty good to help stabalize our better condition and as previously said, we can keep pur best players and try to get one or two for next season.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Just shows you the importance that Mediaset places on ROMA in offering them so much money.We can get this and we really only have 1 world renowned player.If we had a couple more and started to win trophies,the sky would be the limit

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think its about time u guys start showing more respect for miss Sensi.

Seriously, its a great deal, a REAL GOOD money, and money we need... and God, money we deserved.

Im very thankful for Rosella for all the good work shes been putting up since her arrival. Well, I guess I couldnt expect less... shes the daughter of the man!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts