Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rivaldo joins Batistuta Sunday 4 January, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former Milan flop Rivaldo has finally settled on a multi-million pound spell in Saudi Arabia with Al-Ittihad.

¡§We have completed our agreement with Rivaldo and he has accepted our offer,¡¨ claimed club club President Mansour Al-Balawi.

¡§He will play for Al-Ittihad for five months and his salary package is worth $3million.¡¨

Rivaldo becomes the latest veteran to take this route after Gabriel Batistuta signed for Qatar side Al-Arabi.

The news came as something of a surprise, as he had also been in advanced negotiations with Porto and Cruzeiro.

On Saturday evening Cruzeiro chief Zeze Parrella told the local press, ¡§Rivaldo is 99 per cent sure to join us. We did not renew Zinho¡¦s contract to free up money for his wages.¡¨

However, later that same night it emerged that Rivaldo¡¦s agents had clinched a deal with the Saudi side instead.

The former Barcelona man had claimed that he would not end his career in the rich but hardly prestigious Middle Eastern Leagues.

Met with indifference and a refusal to meet his wage demands by sides such as Liverpool, Espanyol and Sao Paolo, Rivaldo eventually decided to change his mind.

The former Barcelona star and World Player of the Year was released from his Milan contract last month after failing to impress in Serie A.

channel4

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Hmmm...Somewhat surprising move by him.Seems that he has given up the hope of continuing his career at the top level.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Rivaldo's Agent Denies Al-Balawi Claim

01/04/2004. Rivaldo's soap opera takes a new twist, as his agent, Carlos Arine, has denied claims made by Mansour Al-Balawi that the player had signed for his Saudi Arabian club, Al Ittihad.

Last night, Al Ittihad's president had in fact declared that Rivaldo had agreed to a 3 million dollar deal to play for the Arabian club for the next 5 months.

However this morning, Arine promptly dismissed the news, saying: "It's false, Rivaldo wants to stay in Brasil." His most likely destination now looks to be Cruzeiro.
SA Europe

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
$3 mil over 5 months is a really good deal,i don't understand why there would be conflicting messages from the two sides though.
i guess rivaldo changed his mind?

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I

I guess he lost his mind accepting such an offer the team he joined is designed 4 only cow boys (not in american way)it differs in slippers and camel riders but I can just say every person is liable of doing terrible mistakes like this he should have joined the GREAAAAAAAAAT AHLY puting in mind that he ll recieve less funds but 4 reputation

Itihad :depress: from MILAN TO what they call Iti7ad :yuck: abo dam khafeef :D hahahahahahahahahahahahah3h3h3h3h3h3h:D :tongue: :D :tongue: :D :tongue:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rivaldo nets Cruziero deal Monday 5 January, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan flop Rivaldo has finally found a new club after he agreed a one-year contract with Cruzeiro.

The Brazilian, who left the Rossoneri in December, had been linked with a number of clubs in Spain, England and Saudi Arabia.

However, he’s decided to stay in his homeland after the Belo Horizonte outfit offered him a 12-month deal.

Reports suggest that the 31-year-old has a clause in the agreement which would allow him to join a European club in the summer for free if he was approached.

channel4 :eek::dazed:

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Dossary said:
Arghhhhhhhh!

That's what we need. An Egyptian Pashmalummu da3ee.

Did I miss something?
he he :D

Dak basha.. hatha bik ;)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
either rivaldo stays in brazil or plays for itthad jeddah,that's a great loss for a former best player in the world.

his slump started on leaving barca.............:confused: :dazed: :eek:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
enta ya 7abibi menak loh lamma tegi tetkalem khaligi ana mesh 7afham el lahga el ghareba di da into 3ndko el water maya bt2olo 3leha mooya we keda etchdi wenabi etkalem 3rabi we ro7o shofolko me3za walla gamoosa tgro waraha :D ya BADAWI menak loh :tongue:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Hmmm,

A bedouin chasing a gamoosa. That's a tough one to crack. Maybe his name is Bura3ee ibn hasanein Al-Mutairi.

"3alayya el-ne3ma danta ragel 3asal"

Again I ask, did I miss something? what's all this silly feud about?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
3 million for 5 months!If I were Rivaldo I would not delay my signature with them!Steal the five millions, buy an island and live there as a king! :D

Dossary and Raul_gonzalez, cool it guys!

By the way Raul_gonzalez, do you really think Rivaldo would even think about any offer from your ahly after a simple look at their current standing in the league and the super Arab cup :D :D

Zamalek Zamalek Zamalek :tongue:

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
4 dossary

zy ma 2oltelak ya BADAWI inta roo7 shoflak me3za walla gamoosa tgri waraha we roo7 etamen 3l kabeela bta3tak aw e3mel ay 7aga mfida l2an wade7 enoko btl3abo kora belgalaleeb wel shbasheb lghayet delwa2ti fa hshhhhhhhh shwaya

elAHLY a7san faree2 3rabi bas bebasata 7assalo drop enma elAHLY 7AYFDAL THE BEST MAHMA KAREH EL KAREHOON AW 7AKAD al 7akedoon:eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts