Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd make a new thread seeming as it's off the official site.
RAFA: CARSON SHOULD JOIN LIVERPOOL
Paul Rogers 17 January 2005
Rafael Benitez has declared that Liverpool's interest in young Leeds goalkeeper Scott Carson is very real and it would be in the players' best interests to snub Stamford Bridge and move to Anfield.
Liverpool have long admired Carson and even before Chris Kirkland's latest injury and Jerzy Dudek's mistake at the weekend, Benitez was keen to add the 19-year-old to his playing staff.

"We've been talking about Carson for some time," revealed Rafa. "After the problem with Chris Kirkland, we continued talking with Leeds, but we had been talking before that. The question is that he's young. We need a young goalkeeper for the future - or we need a goalkeeper with experience.

"Carson doesn't have experience, but he would have the quality. I feel that coming here would be a good opportunity for him because here he can play more games. If you see the other team [Chelsea], they have a very good young goalkeeper. If I had to make that decision, I would go to Liverpool."
He's not even the Leeds first choice goalkeeper so I expect he will only be hear for cover, if it happens, due to Kirkland being prone to injury, could also pave the way for Kirklands departure what has been reported :(. Admittedly I have never seen Carson play so I don't know what he's like apparently he's the best young goalkeeper in England and highly rated, but being the best young goalkeeper in England isn't hard (Richard Wright, Chris Kirkland, Paul Robinson all once considered it and none are exactly world class keepers). I wouldn't pay over a million for him.

What do you think?

·
Registered
300 Posts
if he joins us i hope that he will be a good acquisition but instead of buying this young goal keepers that will be improving on the team's cards instead of giving to the team it will be fine to get world class goalie . i thought that rafa wanted to take a certain spanish keeper at the start of the season what happened to the deal

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
canizares deal didn't come off cuz they were having problems with valencia... the cesar deal got scuppered but that never really seemed to be on the cards

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Carson having medical today.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
REDS AGREE FEE FOR 19-YEAR-OLD CARSON
Paul Eaton 20 January 2005
Liverpool are on the verge of signing goalkeeper Scott Carson after agreeing a fee with Leeds United.
The Reds have beaten off competition from Chelsea for the services of the highly rated 19 year old.

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has been in the market for a goalkeeper since Chris Kirkland was ruled out for three months, and Carson's expected arrival will increase the competition for the number one spot at Anfield.

Liverpool Head of Press Ian Cotton said: "We have agreed terms with Leeds for Scott Carson. He will undergo a medical in Liverpool today and discuss personal terms with the club."

Leeds spokesman Bryan Morris said: "We wish Scott the very best at his new club. He has proven himself to be a top class keeper during his time at Leeds United and we are sure he will continue to impress at Anfield.

"His steady nerve in pressure situations and his professionalism on and off the pitch will ensure that he has a bright future ahead of him."
===============================================================
Well pending medical he will be a Liverpool player very soon

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Congratulations to Liverpool.

You see, at the first time I saw this thread, I thought it's an offer for Carson35 to become a Liverpool fan. :D

·
Winter is Coming.
8,131 Posts
Zhuge Liang said:
Congratulations to Liverpool.

You see, at the first time I saw this thread, I thought it's an offer for Carson35 to become a Liverpool fan. :D
see that doesn't really make sense cause we'd be asking for him to keep posting on our forum :D

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
This should be enough foundation for the next generation of Liverpool goalkeepers. With Kirkland's injuries and some of his not quite astute positioning and handling, Liverpool must be wondering if Kirkland will be as good as it seems. Carson, meanwhile, is a low-risk investment. Though he hardly played, but when he did he impressed. If Carson does well when given the chance, then Carson will be back-up to No1 at Anfield. If he does not, then we can always see what options to take. But so far at Anfield, Dudek looks certain to be going soon (since his age is not on his side and his confidence is low) and Kirkland does not looks to be that fit and that reliable. Plus even if Harrison is a die-hard Red, that is no reason to play him in the first team.

paw;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts