These are the games.
2 point difference.
Now you decide.

Speculate-

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That brings up the question...suppose the derby is a win for us...will we give up 1 point to Milan the rest of the way

Suppose the derby is a tie...can we make up 2 poitns on Milan?

Suppose the derby is a win for them...can we make up 5 points on Milan?

I like the fact that Milan have to play most of the upper half while we do so with the lower half? Any mreo opinons?

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Your calendar is a lot easier so its hard to say
You are taking no more than a point in the derby, you know this so don't even go there :D

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bernmilan1 said:
Your calendar is a lot easier so its hard to say
You are taking no more than a point in the derby, you know this so don't even go there :D
Was that last statement a hope, a challenge, or an outright arrogant remark? :angel:

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see.

Well getting back to more intelligent discussion, everyone, how do you feel that the other games will turn out for each team except for the derby?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I think we have a much much easier run in to the end of the season than Milan. Aside from the Derby there are no games that strike me as unusually difficult, the only one that is somewhat troubling is the Lazio game as we are not usually good at beating them (even though we've bought half their players and their coach).

Looking at these calenders and the fact that Milan is only ahead of us by 2 points i think there is no reason that we cant realistically achieve second place. The only thing tha may hinder this is an extented run in the CL (which may not be all that bad if we can manage to do well). As well as our games in the Coppa. Remember Milan is out of that competition and as such have at the very least two less competitive games to prepare for than we do.

·
Registered
57,699 Posts
Lots of factors come to play. On paper, and just ON PAPER, our fixtures are "softer" as Milan will be facing Fiorentina & Roma - 2 teams in the running for CL spots. Udinese and Lecce away are tough nuts to crack too, albeit both aren't as good as they were last season after losing Spalletti and Zeman.

But the "smaller" teams at the bottom half particularly the ones fighting relegation are VERY difficult to beat especially in the dying moments of the season. They'll give 200% to nick a win or at least a draw to save themselves. There are no easy games for anyone at this stage of the season.

Milan and Inter's UCL run is another important factor to take into account. Turnover is vital as the players are running out of steam and will need a breather every now and then.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
If you guys win or draw the second derby, you will have a very good advantage over Milan in that if the two teams tie on points, you will be the ones getting the second spot. Milan will in that case have to get more points then you, on equel you're ahead of them.

·
Registered
57,699 Posts
Head to head doesn't count in Serie A mate. That's the case for La Liga I believe, don't know about the Premiership though...

I honestly don't know if there'll be a play-off to decide second place in case both teams are tied after week 38.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Head to head doesn't count in Serie A mate. That's the case for La Liga I believe, don't know about the Premiership though...

I honestly don't know if there'll be a play-off to decide second place in case both teams are tied after week 38.
That's not right Nera. I'm quite certain that from this year it's the head to head that is the determining factor. 99% sure.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
But the "smaller" teams at the bottom half particularly the ones fighting relegation are VERY difficult to beat especially in the dying moments of the season.
Yeah, no easy matches left. Some of these unfancied small teams really dig deep in the last phase of the season and play hard, they have nothing to lose.

However second place is there for the taking, the derby is critical.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts