Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought it would be a good idea to have a topic were we can write any post-match comments that the Madrid camp makes after our games.

Jornada 18: Atletico Madrid 0-3 Real Madrid.

:star: Ronaldo:

"I might have made the difference, but our teamwork should not be undermined as we defended very well. I am satisfied because I took my chances well, but this victory is for the entire team. Yes, Atletico did create many chances but they were simply not clinical enough."

"Vanderlei Luxemburgo is a great coach who will leave his mark in Spain, and although we have a rough outline of his plans, one must give him time so that he can impose these ideas."

"As for Barcelona? We only have to think about winning our games and I am sure we will find ourselves closing the gap."

:star: Vanderlei Luxemburgo:

"We scored early on and then Atletico dominated. They created chances, but Casillas had a very good game. In the second half Atletico also pressed hard, but we produced strong counter-attacks and I think that the result is justified. We allowed them to have a lot of space and we have a lot of work to do to become a more compact team."

"Ronaldo has not always had luck on his side like he had today, but he has always worked very hard. However, everyone must carry on working so that players that are not playing well return to their true form."

:star: Emilio Butragueño:

"It's certainly clear that Atletico created some great chances, and we therefore suffered a lot in this game. Luck is necessary in football sometimes but the bottom line is that we got the right result and this enables us to have some breathing space in the league. It's true that Ronaldo, Casillas and Solari made the difference, but the most important factor was our collective effort."

:star: Solari:

"Atletico put us under immense pressure and perhaps deserved a goal since most of the play was in our own half. The most important thing was the three points, and now we move closer to Barcelona at the top of the table." When pressed about his new contract; "The victory is more important, however, the future of a player cannot be decided after only one match. I need to continue to play well in a number of games".

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
Nice to see humble comments after the win, i like this attitude. some of Atletico players talked ugly before the game and it's good to see our players didn't react the same way.
btw i saw there was violence after the game what happened?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Off realmadrid.com, our hero Iker says (though not absolutely word-for-wordly correct since I'm an amateur at Spanish so I used babelfish.altavista.com for translation.. but you can roughly grasp the meaning):
"We must follow in this way, doing the things affluent so that they continue having us for Liga. It is clear that the result does not reflect the happened thing in the game land, but we could not have had greater effectiveness, in addition obtaining it in derbi. They have had plus the ball and more occasions, but we have been placed well. In the second part we were better, but luckily we could sentence in two cons. Our game has been based on being placed and to wait for what happened."

"Each party is a world, and perhaps the next Sunday we have twenty occasions and we do not put any. The equipment been has ordered in all the senses, located well in the plays to stopped ball. M�er is different and its way to work different, nor neither better worse than the previous ones. I do not have nor idea which is worth my shutdowns, those will be others."

·
Go for 400, Raúl!
2,008 Posts
Er.. we already have a topic for every match that stays open for some days after they end. Why not to keep using them?

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
agree, especially if your just going to copy & paste.

I think copy and paste are waste of thread space

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Che said:
agree, especially if your just going to copy & paste.

I think copy and paste are waste of thread space
I think this thread is necessary because not everybody can read and understand Spanish, so I am trying to make it easier for those people.

I agree though, copy and pasting is pointless. That's why I didn't do it.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jornada 19: Real Madrid 3-1 Real Zaragoza.

:star: Vanderlei Luxemburgo:

"I liked how we played. We moved the ball about very well and were patient. However, to win the league or the Champions League we still need to improve further. I felt that Raul was lively and so was Ronaldo. It's not always about the goalscorers though, but about the contributions the whole team brings to the table. Gravesen had a good debut. I wasn't suprised at his strong performance as he is accustomed to English football.

:star: David Beckham:

"This was definitely one of my best performances of the season. I think I have more confidence now, my passing was much better, and it shows that I have been working very hard in training."

"It was nice to win a header, something I don't do very often, and to set one up for Michael Owen. It's great for him to keep coming on and scoring like he does."

"In particular I enjoyed the first half when we had a lot of possession which enabled me to make some good passes."

:star: Michael Owen:

"I was happy with my performance. Obviously, I don't enjoy sitting on the bench because I know that if I had more minutes, I would score more goals. But that is the current situation and all I can do is to make sure I continue my good form and work hard. If I can score 20 league goals this season, I think that would be a great achievement and that is my target."

"I think I can play with any other forward at the club. In my debut, I started with Ronaldo and I assisted his goal. I feel that I can adapt to play with any forward here at Real Madrid. I think as a footballer, you have to be able to adapt to certain conditions. I don't believe that anybody is untouchable, all I have to do is carrying on working hard and I will get my opportunities.

"Luxemburgo is a very good coach. He has put an emphasis on a lot of hard work and more training. He is a good communicator and makes sure his players understand what is required from them.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
thank you :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts