• Braga

Votes: 1 2.8%
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who Will Win The Super Liga This Season

Who will win the Super Liga this season?

·
Administrator
25,381 Posts
I cant go against my heart on this one, so benfica:D

·
Administrator
25,381 Posts
oh no, i was just told that Trap has used Paulo Almeida and Platini in the same sentence......now im worried:D

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I voted Braga because they have the least pressure to win a title right now, and I have to just say that

Joao Alves-WOW
Paulo Sergio-DOUBLE WOW.

Enough said. :)

But, realistically any team can still win really, heck, if Beira-Mar went from now to the end of the season undefeated they probably would be up there.

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Benfica

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Porto :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Id' rather see Benfica in 1 place, but I voted for Porto.
Do you remember Benfica's final in the European Cup weith Real Madrid (3:5) ???

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Poland-Cement said:
Id' rather see Benfica in 1 place, but I voted for Porto.
Do you remember Benfica's final in the European Cup weith Real Madrid (3:5) ???
Remember... not quite! We get some info about that final sure, but to remember is quite different because we weren't born, as you may know.

What do you want to know about that 1961/62 final?

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
O Glorioso said:
Oh come on Luis, why can't you go with your heart and not your head :D
Actually, I think Benfica's Superliga future has to do with today's Cup match against Sporting. If Benfica lose today Trapattoni's position will be tremendously insecure and José Veiga will have very few reasons to keep holding him at the club to serve his (Veiga's) interests (watch Moreira and Sokota's dismissals). Vieira's conflicts with Veiga are known by everybody and you can check it from the last business regarding Nuno Assis whose agent is... Jorge Mendes. Vieira is crazy to bring Camacho back and a defeat today could hurry Camacho's signing. If Camacho signs Benfica things might get better regarding confidence and morale (mainly those issues) and the squad problems might get a bit covered. I don't rate Camacho that much but I think he has some credit in Benfica precisely because players respect him; as for Trapattoni I don't think players respect his decisions anymore and they play with no special motivation.

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
LuisPedroCat said:
Remember... not quite! We get some info about that final sure, but to remember is quite different because we weren't born, as you may know.

What do you want to know about that 1961/62 final?
I want to know scorers for Benfica and Real. Did Puskas scored ? I think he did, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Poland-Cement said:
I want to know scorers for Benfica and Real. Did Puskas scored ? I think he did, but I'm not sure.
Sure he scored...

Puskas (17)
Puskas (22)

Águas (25)
Cavém (34)

Puskas (37)
Coluna (51)
Eusébio (62 pen.)
Eusébio (68)

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
LuisPedroCat said:
Sure he scored...

Puskas (17)
Puskas (22)

Águas (25)
Cavém (34)

Puskas (37)
Coluna (51)
Eusébio (62 pen.)
Eusébio (68)
Thanks !!! :happy:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It looks like the majority are currently pulling for Porto right now. I honestly believe they won't win it this season. I see probably a 3rd or 4th finish for them. They just lost too much and are still trying to mesh together. Sporting have been having a good season, but losing some games have hurt them, but they still have put up over 40 goals alrady. Benfica have a decent shot at the title only if there defense improves.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
As much as i would love to see my team Sporting win it ill have to say Porto, but only if they can keep key players fit and dont get too distracted with the champions league

·
Registered
60,553 Posts
That's really one hell of a title race ! :shades:

The point gap between Porto (1st) and Nacional (11th) is only 10 points ! :eekani:

And only 4 points seperate the top 6 teams.

·
Registered
11,208 Posts
Pila was really confident in pre-season that Benfica would take the title. My only reservation at that time was that Benfica is coached by Crapattoni but it didn't sway Pila. Let's see if Pila made the right call.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts