Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Damn it

I wanted Valencia to sign him.

Good signing by Atletico. He has CL experience, which will prove useful now that you're in it (and soon will be out by the qualifying round):pp

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think with this we will not pursue any more mid fielders. Motta is regaining his fitness , but everybody knows about him. Camacho will slot in whenever required.

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Nothing official yet though, let's wait and see..

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Paulo Assuncao is a fantastic DM. He has been the engine in our team for three years now. He breaks up tons of attacks but is a SUPERB passer of the ball. There's really not much else to say. He didn't score a goal in 3 years, that's not his specialty, but he is instrumental for a team in the midfield.

I have zero respect for the player because he used the Webster law to get out of his contract, but I cannot deny the talent he has.

This is a tremendous signing for you guys. Watch any of Porto's good performances and you'll notice he was instrumental in all of them.

Great signing. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
There is nothing wrong with what he did. He knows very well that he was absolutely fundamental for the team but the board insisted in not giving him the right pay raise, so he just made use of his rights in a way that many more players should when they are being framed by their bosses.

I also think this is a first sign that the possibility of a certain club missing out next season's CL is more than wishful thinking from their Lisbon rivals. :shades:

In any case, this is indeed a great signing for Atlético.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I also think this is a first sign that the possibility of a certain club missing out next season's CL is more than wishful thinking from their Lisbon rivals. :shades:
Did you get the bigger side of the wish bone, Filipe? :pp

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
mother of god, can we get 1 ****ing player which i hear about before...im dying here

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
you are a kind man but we are ok thank you :D :D

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
mother of god, can we get 1 ****ing player which i hear about before...im dying here
Really pathetic attitude, Maxi. Just because you don't watch any other league doesn't mean the player isn't good. Paulo Assuncao is probably going to start every single game for you next year barring injury(which never happens with him) or suspension(same thing). He's one of the better defensive midfielders through all of Europe. You should be ecstatic with this signing. He's miles better than Motta, for example.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
Really pathetic attitude, Maxi. Just because you don't watch any other league doesn't mean the player isn't good. Paulo Assuncao is probably going to start every single game for you next year barring injury(which never happens with him) or suspension(same thing). He's one of the better defensive midfielders through all of Europe. You should be ecstatic with this signing. He's miles better than Motta, for example.

suck my anus

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
:howler:

We still haven't got a agreement with him according to Enrique Cerezo but the club is definitely interested in signing him. Atlético is still appereantly waiting for the evolution of Rafa Márquez, but really, I'd rather have Paulo Assunçao as that's where we're having problems at the moment, not at CB where Ufo is almost a done deal and we've signed Heitinga.

I hope the club realizes that it won't take a long time before other clubs start negotiating with him. Fiorentina, Sevilla and an Premier League-club are appereantly interested in Paulo as well.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts