Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
10,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The draw didnt go into their favor :moan:...their first game will be against Liverpool @ Stade Velodrome, last CL Liverpool managed to beat OM their 4-0 eliminating Marseille from the CL

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
Yeah, i hope they learned from last year. Cause it was a pain to watch that game. I remember Marseille started with a defense almost on the half line letting Torres a ocean of space with his speed. We will see...

·
Registered
10,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think any1 could have stopped Liverpool @ the time, they beat porto in a 4-1 win, and they completely annihilated Beskitas the game before that they were playing very great football, in the closing matches of the group stages

OM started off really well....but they completely fell off in the end

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
Olympique Marseille - Liverpool FC

Stade Vélodrome, Marseille - 16/09/2008

Olympique de Marseille :
Mandanda, Riou - Bonnart, Taiwo, Zubar, Hilton, Erbate - Cheyrou, Kaboré, Cana, M'Bami, Ziani, Valbuena, Zenden, Ben Arfa - Niang, Grandin, Koné, Samassa

I would see

Code:
[B][CENTER]Mandanda

Bonnart Hilton Zubar Taiwo

M'Bami Cana

Ben Arfa

Grandin Niang Koné[/CENTER][/B]

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
MARSEILLE : Mandanda - Bonnart, Hilton, Zubar, Taiwo - M'Bami, Cana, Cheyrou- Ben Arfa - Koné, Niang

LIVERPOOL : Reina - Arbeloa, Skrtel, Carragher, Dossena - Gerrard, Mascherano, Lucas - Kuyt, Babel - F. Torres

·
Banned
70 Posts
great goal by cana and great play by cheyrou

great goal by stevie g also

shame stupid mbami lost that goal tho and ben arfa is totally lost in this game

·
Registered
19,999 Posts
Decent effort by Marseille but poor defending by Zubar cost Marseille the game. Cheyrou had a very good game. Couldn't understand Gerets and him taking off Kone instead of Niang. Niang is very limited where as Kone looks a good purchase. Kone may have been tiring that's the only reason I can think of. Ben Arfa showed his immaturity in this game. He has a long way to go. This is a tough group for Marseille. Would think they can finish ahead of PSV and go into the UEFA Cup. Finishing above Liverpool and Atletico Madrid is asking a lot.

·
Registered
10,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
NCNCNC Niang he should have struck that better...Even with a loss OM look good...ben arfa had a pretty poor game, Valbuena and Ziang were the ones that looked great to me, espically in the 2nd half

In the other group game Atl. Madrid beat PSV 3-0

·
Registered
10,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Group D Pld W D L GF GA Pts
Atlético 1 1 0 0 3 0 3
Liverpool 1 1 0 0 2 1 3
Marseille 1 0 0 1 1 2 0
PSV 1 0 0 1 0 3 0

Results 16/9
Marseille 1 - 2 Liverpool
PSV 0 - 3 Atlético

Next Fixture

01.10.2008 v Atlético (A) 20:45

·
Registered
19,834 Posts
CL Day 1 : Marseille 1-2 Liverpool

Attendance : 45.000 . Referee : K. Plautz (AUT)
Goals : Marseille : Cana (24’ ) . Liverpool : Gerrard (26 ’ , 32 ’)
[tub]_tCJUEpw9fk[/tub]​
Booking : Marseille : Zubar (31 ’ ) Liverpool : Skrtel (21 ’ ), Lucas Leiva (47 ’ )

MARSEILLE : Mandanda - Bonnart, R. Zubar, Hilton, Taiwo - Cana, M ’ Bami (Valbuena, 41 ’ ), Cheyrou - Koné (Samassa, 75 ’ ), Ben Arfa (Ziani, 57 ’ ), Niang. Coach : Eric Gerets .

LIVERPOOL : Reina - Arbeloa, Skrtel, Carragher, Dossena - Lucas Leiva, Mascherano, Gerrard (Benayoun, 69 ’ ) - Babel, Torres (Riera, 64 ’), Kuyt (Keane, 86 ’). Coach : Rafael Benitez

·
Registered
10,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
ben arfa will need to have a better game than he did against pool, and OM will need to convert their chances, they had many chances to tie the game in the closing minutes vs. liverpool

IMO sumthing like this

---------Mandanda---------
-Bonnart-Hilton-Zubar-Taiwo
----Cheyrou-----Cana------
--Valbuena--------?????----
----------Ben Arfa---------
-----------Niang----------

Question Fobal Klub or Ziha.......can kone play as a winger??? and where in the midfield does ziani play

·
Registered
10,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I will be busy watching the liverpool match....but i think OM could pull this off Atletico has sufferd many injuries seitaridis and Ibanez are out apparently...so if OM can create and convert this game will be theirs

1 - 20 of 52 Posts