Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For everything overall lets use this thread

Apparently spurs signed splitter to 5 years 45 million dollar contract. I think this is big mistake by the spurs, as splitter was total disaster in the finals.

The pacers also signed david west, 3 year 36 million dollar contract. Kinda disappointed in this, wanted him to go west...as I know he kills the heat every time we meet.

Bulls signed Mike dunleavey for 2 years 6 million dollar contract

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Andrew Bynum is refusing to work out for any team apparently, he is I think more or less done with injuries.

The Bulls are going to waive rip hamilton, who will be free agent by july 10.Probably retire?!

Igudola is free agent. He met detroit last night apparently, pelicans Mavs Hawks Warriors and Kings all intrested as well it seems.Might stay with denver as well

Martell Webster agree 4 year deal with wizards, Nazr Mohammad is returning to the bulls apparently.

With david west resigned, Pacers have agreed to recind qualifying offer to tyler hansbrough.He is now unrestricted free agent .

Josh Smith is another big name, everyone looking where he will end.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
Kevin Martin has apparently been offered 4 years, 30 mill from Minnesota, Budinger also getting an offer from Minny.

·
Registered
10,563 Posts
I like the knicks getting Bargs as he brings in some needed offense to the team and Novak, and Camby are useless, but giving up those picks reeks of isiah thomas so bad....Ujiri ****s over the knicks once again, wasnt their rumors of Bargs being waived/amnestied not to long ago??....hope they arent done trading, id love to get rid of Chandler and get a guy like Asik (whose on the block) or someone like Gortat (where their has also been rumors)

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
Minny has signed both Budinger and Kevin Martin, which means they will have to let AK47 walk. Minny have a great starting 5 if everyone can stay healthy, and it's been a long while since we see 5 white starters :howler: Their bench is pretty deep too, and they will go far in the playoffs if Love or Rubio can avoid injuries.

PG: Rubio
SG: Martin
SF: Budinger
PF: Love
C: Pekovic

Bench: Ridnour, Shved, Muhammad, Williams, Dieng

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont think its random stuff about all white team, I think they intentionally target white players.. might be wrong though

Having said that, last year they could have fought for playoffs if rubio/love were healthy and played all year. health is number one concern for minny.

Howard will make decision friday it seems.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
I dont think its random stuff about all white team, I think they intentionally target white players.. might be wrong though
This is the most retarded thing I've ever read.

·
G.O.A.T. Galaxian
1,312 Posts
Clippers gift Bledsoe to Phoenix but may have just rounded out the roster well, pending they get a backup point and good backups to Blake & DJ. Landry will probably be signed, and Brad Davies as well has an unguaranteed contract. If they can get Kaman to take the MMLE or S&T Billups to Dallas for a TPE + 2nd and then deal the TPE for Haywood, while signing Bobby Brown & Earl Watson to backup Paul, I'd be real ecstatic for next year

Paul - Brown - Watson
Redick - Crawford - Green
Dudley - Bullocks
Blake - Landry - Davies
Jordan - Haywood/Kaman - Hollins

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Clipps are indeed making a heck of a team.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,888 Posts
That team has no defense still. They will probably kill some of the filler in the league but elite teams will kill them. Namely the Spurs, Thunder and Heat. They have no one who can guard Durant or LeBron and their big men are so shit guarding the pick and roll that Parker will rip them to shreds.

·
1st Tier Poster
49,682 Posts
Minny has signed both Budinger and Kevin Martin, which means they will have to let AK47 walk. Minny have a great starting 5 if everyone can stay healthy, and it's been a long while since we see 5 white starters :howler: Their bench is pretty deep too, and they will go far in the playoffs if Love or Rubio can avoid injuries.

PG: Rubio
SG: Martin
SF: Budinger
PF: Love
C: Pekovic

Bench: Ridnour, Shved, Muhammad, Williams, Dieng
yes, lots of white and international players, they were my favourite team last year and it's great to see them keeping that policy :thmbup:...although Kevin Martin is not white, he's a quarter-black.

and they also have guys like Barrea and Stiemsma on the bench.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Manu Ginobili ‏@manuginobili 3m
Thrilled to announce that as I always hoped, I'm gonna stay with the @spurs for two more years. #gospursgo.
his aging, and more or less was done this year. dont know what he can offer for 2 more years

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
That team has no defense still. They will probably kill some of the filler in the league but elite teams will kill them. Namely the Spurs, Thunder and Heat. They have no one who can guard Durant or LeBron and their big men are so shit guarding the pick and roll that Parker will rip them to shreds.
You do realize why they hired Doc Rivers?

It wasn't just for him to give guidelines to Chris Paul on how to play the point. This was part of it, the bigger point made was that Rivers is a defensive minded coach as well. He can get this team to be well organized defensively.

On top of that he usually collects and brings good players to improve rosters.

I have no idea how successful the Clippers will end up becoming.

We have the Clippers, Nets, and the Heat to look out for.

Every other team I believe is out of the picture unless I missed a dangerous transaction or two.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
The trade was awesome for the Clippers. Butler is a useless old car. Couldn't move at all, no defense, shot was terrible etc. Instead they get a healthy stronger Jared Dudley who can defend to some extent and hit his shots. On top of that Reddick. Rivers was obviously going for perimeter shooters in which the Clippers kind of lacked to an extent.

Is Barnes a free agent? IMHO he should stay with the team if possible. He's a Shane Battier type and a much better version at this point. It would be a grave disappointment to see him go anywhere else. Hopefully they can get a contract settled.

·
10'un Adi Lefter
8,620 Posts
Man I'm sick of this tanking shit. Reports that Hawks will tank if Howard doesn't sign. How is this allowed? I can't think of another league that would allow something like this. Tanking teams should be HEAVILY fined AND sanctioned... I'm talking about millions in fines/penalties + losing draft picks.

If I was a fan of a team that was tanking I'd be ****ing pissed. You pay all that money to go to the games and what do you get? Teams purposely trying to lose for a few ping pong balls? I think the lottery should be what it's name for: a lottery. Everyone gets 1 ball in the pot. Imagine that?

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,888 Posts
You do realize why they hired Doc Rivers?

It wasn't just for him to give guidelines to Chris Paul on how to play the point. This was part of it, the bigger point made was that Rivers is a defensive minded coach as well. He can get this team to be well organized defensively.

On top of that he usually collects and brings good players to improve rosters.

I have no idea how successful the Clippers will end up becoming.

We have the Clippers, Nets, and the Heat to look out for.

Every other team I believe is out of the picture unless I missed a dangerous transaction or two.
You do realize since Thibbodeau quit the Celtics they have been an average team defensively. Also Celtics had one of the best pick and roll defenders in the league in Kevin Garnett who is like a defensive coordinator on the court. Compare that with DeAndre and Griffin who are laughable when defending the pick and roll.

A coach is only as good as his personnel.

Dudley and Reddick are decent defenders and good outside shooters but they couldn't guard and elite forward or an elite guard. Chris Paul anyways has problems guarding Russell Westbrook. I am quite sure barring injuries OKC will beat Clippers. And even a year older Spurs will take them out.

·
Registered
7,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A coach is only as good as his personnel.I love that statement.
And I want to make a point on that. Doc rivers was absymal coach for his entire career, until the big 3 arrived to boston.he was even being called to be sacked pre-big 3.

I dislike how some coaches get credits.and how some dont get.
Popovich won 4 titles thanks to duncan, phil jackson 6 thanks to jordan, 3 thanks to shaq and 2 thanks to kobe..
yet this 2 coaches get alot of credit for winning titles.But on other hand Erik Spoelstra gets nothing despite he won 2 titles!

This is players game, the coach is vital position as well.But players are ones who define everything at end.

1 - 20 of 155 Posts