Kris Bright

Manager: John Adshead
Assistant Coach: Tommy Mason

Fansite: Unknown

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The New Zealand Knights Football club has announced the signing of Dutch defender Frank van Eijs and former Kingz defender John Tambouras.

Van Eijs, 33, has played in Belgium with RC Mechelen as well as in the Scottish Premier League with Dundee, while 26-year-old Tambouras turned out for South Melbourne and also played in the Greek first division with Kalamata FC.

"This boy [Van Eijs] has played against quality players and just as importantly in hostile environments. His experience and leadership qualities will be of great value to our squad," Football Club Manager John Adshead said.

"I am more than pleased to announce these two players as confirmed Knights today and can confirm I am well down the track with overall recruitment with some exciting announcements coming up."

-------

They actually signed some players :eek:

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
that brings their total toa whopping 6 players :eek: nearly half a team

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now they have 12.

-----------

KNIGHTS ADD SIX MORE TO PLAYING STAFF AND SIGN GLASGOW CELTIC TRAINER

The NZ Knights Football Club made a significant step towards a successful participation in the inaugural Hyundai A-League with the unveiling today of a further 6 players confirming professional terms with the Auckland based franchise.

Included in those announced today is former English professional Neil Emblen with Football Manager John Adshead thrilled to get a man with Premiership football on his CV.

“Good things come to those who wait,” said Adshead. “Our approach has been and will continue to be a patient one, an approach that has been vindicated with today’s announcements. Neil will bring experience, maturity and a cool head to our organisation with an ability to play in a number of different roles. It goes without saying that we are thrilled to have attracted the interest of a player with considerable playing experience in the English Leagues.”

The Knights today can confirm the following players:

Sean Devine

A 32-year-old English forward with considerable experience in English leagues with Wycombe Wanderers and Exeter City.

Steve Fitzsimmons

28-year-old Australian midfielder with a CV that includes Parramatta Power, Marconi, Brisbane Strikers in Australia. An imposing 6 foot 1 in height.

Naoki Imaya

24-year-old Japanese born midfielder with recent experience in European competition with Neuchatel Xamax (Switzerland). Moved to Australia with his family at age 10.

Glen Moss

22-year-old keeper with representation at NZ U20, U23 and All Whites level. Has experience in the Australian National League with Sydney Olympic.

Josh Maguire

24-year-old Australian midfielder with one taste of Europe already under his belt (Steaua Bucharest) and keen for more.

Neil Emblen

33-year-old utility player with considerable experience in English professional football, including a spell in the Premiership with Crystal Palace.

The signings take to 12 the total number of players committed to the Knights cause in the inaugural Hyundai A-League, joining Danny Hay, Noah Hickey, Danny Milosevic, John Tambouras, Frank Van Eijs and Darren Bazeley.

Club Captain Danny Hay is enthusiastic about the team taking shape around him.

“The quality of these players is top class, said Hay. “I have played alongside Neil at Walsall and know Sean personally as a footballer and a person. Both will add great experience to the squad and can play. They will be great additions to the squad and the fans can be sure of a committed competitive Knights side as we take on the Hyundai A-League.”

Adshead also is more than pleased with the way his squad is taking shape.

“Each and every one of the ten players signed thus far has been considered very carefully and watched first hand,” said Adshead.

“We have not and will not sign players sight unseen. While that approach may take a little longer it is already paying dividends in the quality of player the Knights are attracting. Tommy Mason has seen many others while in the UK and on his return we will be discussing the balance of the squad and recommending further players for contracts. There are others in New Zealand and Australia under consideration but we will continue to take our time and make sure we cover for all contingencies in the 20 players we can contract.”

Assistant Coach Tommy Mason returns from scouting in the UK on April 22nd, it is expected further player announcements will be made at that time.

Also confirmed today by Knights CEO Guy Hedderwick were the appointments of three medical staff to the management team, including current Glasgow Celtic Head Sports Scientist Kenny McMillan, someone Hedderwick says will bring great credibility to the club.

“Our focus from day one has been to bring together the very best management team to provide a professional environment to allow our players to perform at the highest level, week in week out,” said Hedderwick.

“The appointment of McMillan is a coup for the club and reflects the impression we have made on someone of his stature in the game. His years of experience with Celtic in the Scottish Premiership will be invaluable to John and his players. This is an exciting appointment and reflects the ambition here at the Knights.”

Medical staff appointed to the Knights today:

Kenny McMillan - Sports Physiologist

Kenny is currently Head Sports Scientist at Glasgow Celtic, a position he has held since 1999. Kenny comes recommended highly by two fitness conditioners at the FA.

Brendan O’Neill - Doctor

Brendan has experience as medical doctor with the NZ Army and is current Sports Medicine Registrar

Justin Lopes - Physiotherapist

Justin has five years experience in football physiotherapy, including 2 years work with the New Zealand Soccer Academy programme.

Given that he will have his players working closely with the medical team Adshead importantly gave all three the thumbs up today.

“The Chairman and CEO have displayed their commitment to doing everything properly and professionally at this club and today is further confirmation of that. Kenny, Justin and Brendan are first class in their areas of expertise, in particular the experience and skills that Kenny will bring from a club the size and reputation of Celtic. I have no doubt that the players will be in great hands. This is fantastic news for the Knights.”

Some good signings there for the Knights. Emblen & Devine are solid professionals who will bring a lot of experience to the squad, Moss is a very handy backup 'keeper & Fitzsimmons, Imaya & Maguire have shown they were handy players in the NSL previously and further add to what looks a solid core of experienced players.

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
Yeah but they're leaving it really late to get the core of their team..

Sydney FC is UAE on a 3 match tour (miles ahead in preperation), other clubs are traning and playing friendlies. The knights only have signatures of 12 players. When will they get the time to gel the team in? It's already mid April

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
The are ok signings. The Knights aren't in the WCC remember so if their signings are a little late it won't be that critical. If they get the squad all signed by next month thats a solid 3 months together.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Who are the definate starters for Sydney FC so far?

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
ravin said:
Who are the definate starters for Sydney FC so far?
Sydney is shyte.

Melbourne Victory - get o board my son. :shades:

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
South_Melbourne said:
Sydney is shyte.

Melbourne Victory - get o board my son. :shades:
I really really really :heart: Sydney
I really really really :heart: Sydney
from Cronulla to the surf, from city to the central
i gotta catch the train, coz i can't afford the petrol