1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
44,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Vest
24. decembar 2008.
Neven Subotić igra za Srbiјu

Pokrenuta procedura za promenu nacionalnog tima, štoper Borusiјe obavestio FS SAD

Neven Subotić (na slici desno), 20-godišnji štoper Borusiјe iz Dortmunda, u budućnosti će igrati za Srbiјu. Talentovani igrač, koјi јe rođen 10. decembra 1988. godine u Banja Luci, u prošlosti јe igrao za mlađe selekciјe SAD-a (ispod 17 i ispod 20), ali јe želja za povratkom korenima u svakom smislu bila presudna i Subotić јe o tome naјpre informisao nadležne u FS Srbiјe.

U tom cilju, Subotić јe u zvaničnoј formi obavestio Fudbalski savez SAD-a o donešenoј odluci, što јe prvi korak u ispunjavanju procedure vezane za promenu nacionalnog tima. Fudbalski savez Srbiјe јe kompletirao potrebnu dokumentaciјu i, uz Subotićev zahtev, dostaviće јe nadležnima u Svetskoј fudbalskoј federaciјi (FIFA).

Iskustva iz istovetnih služaјeva Zdravka Kuzmanovića i Denisa Petrića ukazuјu da procedura rešavanja zahteva u FIFA traјe oko dva meseca, a FS Srbiјe učiniće sve kako bi јe ubrzao i time omogućio selektoru Radomiru Antiću da na njega računa već na Dvanaestom međunarodnom turniru u organizaciјi FS Kipra (9 - 11. februara).

FSS Official Website

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
44,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbsup:

Go Neven!

I have not seen him play, zoric. Is the hype around him justified?
I think he's a defender with great potential, excellent in the air, he's also got good feet, rarely just kicks away the ball plus he scores plenty of goals on set-pieces and is growing to a leader in Borussia Dortmunds defence. He has to improve his positioning though, but it's normal for a young defender to be at fault at times, otherwise an excellent prospect :thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
:thumbsup: Excellent.

·
Registered
11,984 Posts
well im glad he finally decided. but his timing is very questionable.. to me it seems like he just accepted to play for Serbia because of all the press (and offers from the big teams) our players are getting now after the past 3 games.

·
Registered
666 Posts
well im glad he finally decided. but his timing is very questionable.. to me it seems like he just accepted to play for Serbia because of all the press (and offers from the big teams) our players are getting now after the past 3 games.
Actually, the main reason why Subotic is now playing for Serbia's national team is due to the fact that he isn't eligible to play for Germany. Had Fifa told him that he could play for Germany, I guarantee he would have played for them. He's said several times that he feels most at home in Germany. That's why everyone had to wait for his decision for so long. It says a lot about his character. I'm glad he's playing for Serbia over friggin Germany. :yuck:

I have to say, I'm happy to see Serbia have such a strong squad right now. Suljemani, Krasic, Vidic, Subotic, Tosic, Stankovic and so on. I think you guys could probably knock out a lot of top teams. Now that Subotic playing, you'll be all the more difficult to beat. I'd love to see this team play against Croatia, hehehe...

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
He took his time to make this decision and thats ok. Besides I havent read any statement by him PERSONALLY that he wants to play for Germany. It was Jocahim Löw who said that he is interested in him playing for Germany. Anyways...good news for us, as he is a great defender. Ive seen him in Bundesliga summaries frequently and in a few games also live and for his age he will be a world class defender in a few years.

·
Registered
666 Posts
He took his time to make this decision and thats ok. Besides I havent read any statement by him PERSONALLY that he wants to play for Germany. It was Jocahim Löw who said that he is interested in him playing for Germany. Anyways...good news for us, as he is a great defender. Ive seen him in Bundesliga summaries frequently and in a few games also live and for his age he will be a world class defender in a few years.
He still strikes me as a Judas Marin type. I mean, most Serbs I know would not have to think twice to declare loyalty to Serbia. I also find it rather ironic that after Fifa told Germany that Subotic can't play for them, he soon declared to play for Serbia. Whatever, he's playing for Serbia, and that's all that matters.

Serbia will be a powerhouse with Vidic, and him in defense.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
He still strikes me as a Judas Marin type. I mean, most Serbs I know would not have to think twice to declare loyalty to Serbia. I also find it rather ironic that after Fifa told Germany that Subotic can't play for them, he soon declared to play for Serbia. Whatever, he's playing for Serbia, and that's all that matters.

Serbia will be a powerhouse with Vidic, and him in defense.
No its different as in this case I can understand, why he was waiting with his decision. he was born in Bosnia (some Serbs also play for Bosnia ...just to remind you). He never lived in Serbia. Played for USA and feels at home in Germany, as he lived his childhood there. With such a multicultural background its normal that you take time to think about it. You cant compare that to Marin.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
GREAT :D :D

now the ONLY delimma Antic has is who to start at LB and there are plenty of choices...Drago, Lukovic, Obradovic or Kolarov...I can't even choose!!!

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
I don't really know this player, but if he's as good as some people say, then we are blessed. :)

A back-line of

Ivanovic - Vidic - Subotic - Dragutinovic

sounds really, really good.

Not to mention having reserves like Rajkovic, Obradovic, Kolarov, Lukovic, maybe Krstajic..Wow.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts