Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Milan reach Poulsen agreement Thursday 30 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Denmark and Schalke 04 midfielder Christian Poulsen will play for Milan next season, according to reports.

Sources in Italy claim that the Rossoneri have acquired his signature after reaching an agreement with Villarreal – a club who the Dane had originally already agreed to join.

Poulsen, who first hit the headlines in Italian football at Euro 2004 for being spat on by Francesco Totti, is understood to have signed a pre-contract deal with the Spanish outfit.

However, he’s freed himself from that accord by paying a £600,000 release clause that the San Siro giants will obviously cover.

Milan turned their attention to Poulsen, whose contract with his Bundesliga side expires in the summer, after impressing them in this season’s Champions League.

Although he infuriated the club, and Gennaro Gattuso in particular, with his rough man-marking of star man Kaka, the Rossoneri believe he would be a valuable addition to their squad.

In fact, Poulsen is seen as the perfect understudy for Gattuso seeing as Massimo Ambrosini continues to struggle with fitness.

Ambrosini, an Italian international, may now actually be sold once the Scandinavian arrives with Real Madrid and Juventus possible destinations.

Whispers suggest that Poulsen will net around £600,000 a season if, as it now appears, he does complete his move to Serie A.

channel4

·
Registered
3,409 Posts
Carson35 said:
In fact, Poulsen is seen as the perfect understudy for Gattuso seeing as Massimo Ambrosini continues to struggle with fitness.

Ambrosini, an Italian international, may now actually be sold once the Scandinavian arrives with Real Madrid and Juventus possible destinations.
I'd rather keep ambrosini

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
Tifo AC said:
acmilan.com didnt confirm this :rolleyes:

:lala:
Exactly! How it is official?!! The news has been in the transfers thread since yesterday, or you couldn't live with the thought that I post it first :dielaugh: :D :D :D

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Carson is bored at simply cutting and pasting, he decide to use a brand new function of xtratime, that is to press the 'new thread' button and enjoy the excitement he did with creating a copy-and-paste thread all on his own.

hala Carson, the true legend.

·
Registered
24,061 Posts
Simba said:
Does this mean we can have Gattuso? :)
Yes! When we meet next season in the CL, you can take pictures for him ;)

·
Registered
12,798 Posts
It has been reported as official in La Gazzetta but not the official site, but of course the official site only updates every 24 hours ;)

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Simba said:
Does this mean we can have Gattuso? :)

If we acquire both Diarra and Poulsen, then you can have Gattuso, oh maybe Vogel as well.

I respect Rino as a true Milanista, but Diarra is simply a better player, and his performance last Wednesday convinced that. If there is a modern player that is remotely close to Rijkaard's level, then it's Diarra.;)

p.s.

Cris has been humiliated by Sheva and Kaka even when the duo are not in their best, oh yeah, his qouted value is 20M.

I rate Abidal above that joke called Cris.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
Elephant King said:
I rate Abidal above that joke called Cris.

Well said E-King. Abidal was way better than him against us. I cant still judge him in one match, im waiting to see him in 2nd leg...

we dont have to sign Cris just bcz he's bold and think we found new Stam :tongue:

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
I would nlt be so dismissive towards united current midfield. They are young guys and Sir Alex is trying a lot but they have proven to be maturing with every game I watch them play. Vogel might indeed be a 1st team choice if he goes there , but that is not to suggest their current choices in that position are poor whatsoever.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
Even though not official yet, it seems a question of time before it is.

Good signing. Poulsen has the right mentality to play for Milan: he is a winner and he has matured as a player in the last few years. I'm pretty sure that he'll be useful. With Ambrosini injured 70 % of the time, he'll be fighting with Rino for a first team spot.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Laudrup said:
Even though not official yet, it seems a question of time before it is.

Good signing. Poulsen has the right mentality to play for Milan: he is a winner and he has matured as a player in the last few years. I'm pretty sure that he'll be useful. With Ambrosini injured 70 % of the time, he'll be fighting with Rino for a first team spot.

Would it be even better if Poulsen is to rotate with a certain Diarra? :cool:

p.s.

Well, I remember you mentioned that we win league titles whenever we have a Dane in squad, well Poulsen will certainly be welcomed if he continues this good traditon.:)

1 - 20 of 110 Posts