Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Scudetto
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mathias Cardacio e Tabarè Viudez sono a tutti gli effetti due giocatori del Milan, il contratto di entrambi è stato infatti depositato in Lega nella giornata di ieri. Cardacio vestirà la maglia numero 14 mentre Viudez quella numero 20. I due uruguaiani si sono regolarmente allenati oggi nel centro sportivo di Milanello e domani si presenteranno al gruppo e a Carlo Ancelotti.

www.acmilan.com

Okay, its not so much of a secret or a surprise, but confirmation finally came up on the official site. I opened the thread so that maybe some others can fill us up on these two new Uruguayans.

Cardacio will wear the #14 and Viudez the #20.

Both of them have been training regularly at Milanello but will only be introduced and presented to Carlo and the group tomorrow.

Earlier Galliani had said that they two will be evaluated more within the next few days and both of them could make the trip to Manchester.

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
They have been discussed a bit in some other thread but I don't remember well. Apparently they are some little money making signings like Grimi. Which would not be a bad thing at all if it wasn't for the timing.

If they are signed only from an economic perspective, our management really has lost it. We could have spend the money on players we needed. For 2 millions we could have tried some promising central defender at least.

The positive is that I don't know them at all so maybe one of them is actually a promising defender and will be given time to show it instead of being loaned and sold to make profit ASAP.

·
Scudetto
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice goal of course. But even someone like Seedorf would probably only score a goal like that once in his career.

·
Registered
12,028 Posts
Its interesting how, the defense obviously being our worst line (including goalkeeping), Milan have bought tons of midfielders in the last 2 years, when if you ask any milanista he would argue that our mid is one of the best in Europe.
There are clear signs that our mid was stale last year, and a lot of it has to do with age. So its good that there are some small gambles being made, but add all in all given that Di Gennaro wasn't considered at all and he was in our ranks.

I think Galliani's Ambrosini CB call isn't a joke at all, its just going to happen. And with Kaladze's form and health, I think its bound to happen.

Anyway, I hope both of them do well and manage to put some of our older players at the bottom of the pecking order.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
We had the Ambrosini CB discussion a few years back here. I think he built for it and it could have worked if he had a seasons experience in that position under his belt. As it stands, he does not and I hence hope he won't have to be played there.

·
Registered
13,397 Posts
They have been discussed a bit in some other thread but I don't remember well. Apparently they are some little money making signings like Grimi. Which would not be a bad thing at all if it wasn't for the timing.

If they are signed only from an economic perspective, our management really has lost it. We could have spend the money on players we needed. For 2 millions we could have tried some promising central defender at least.

The positive is that I don't know them at all so maybe one of them is actually a promising defender and will be given time to show it instead of being loaned and sold to make profit ASAP.
Well some members "speculated" that they were signed as money making players, which I find quite hilarious:howler:. Cardaccio (pronounced Cardasio) is vice Pirlo type of player and a good prospect of Uruguayan NT. Viudez is an attacking midfielder. We'll have to see them on they turn out.

·
Registered
23,919 Posts
I am not sure this is the case, but how can you say we lost it on a economic perspective when you compare it to a case were we gained money? These don't stop us from spending somewere else and the money was so small sclaed that it hardly affect us, is like a weekly wage to Kaka.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
I am all for this if these guys are being brought in as players who the team feel could grow and become first teamers. I have always wanted us to scout for young cheap talent like so many other teams do. I just hope this is hte case and they get the chance to show their skills.

That said, this does nothing to address the pressing need of need blood in the defense and perhaps a first rate forward to play with or in rotation with Pato.

·
Registered
45,393 Posts
Nice goal of course. But even someone like Seedorf would probably only score a goal like that once in his career.
Eh, Seedorf does have some really nice long range goals. Not just one or two.

·
Scudetto
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A first timer like that?

I haven't seen him score one like that actually. But of course I could be wrong. I was just trying to make a point.. ;)

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
who are these imbeciles?

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb5uU0nigTQ

Here. This is one of the most amazing shots I have ever seen. Some have scored from the half way line but this is the longest froze rope (straight laser shot rather than a long range lob) I have ever seen...by a good fifteen yards. I don't think the ball ever gets much higher than the crossbar. Seedorf has a cannon of a shot. He's scored some similar for Milan but nothing appraoching this length. Give the f*cking man some credit. Does he have to be the butt of a joke in this thread that has nothing to do with him? :rollani:

·
Scudetto
23,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And it even highlights my point nicely, how many times has he scored that kind of goal? I'm pretty sure just once.

Dae probably didn't read properly and suddenly got all mad :D

·
Registered
23,919 Posts
I would say most of his goals is like a highlight collection. You don't see many crappy goals from him, aka "Inzaghi goals". ;)

·
Registered
12,328 Posts
The Seedorfs goal scored against Inter couple of seasons ago WAS very nice. 30m or something.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts