• Draw

Votes: 1 10.0%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mexico vs Ecuador Official Match Thread

Ecuador will come out to play this time and they will not respect Mexico as they did Italy, meanwhile Mexico will try to wrap it's 2nd round qualification in this game

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
the pressure will be on Equador to gain a victory, while Mexico will play counter attacking football and try to soak up the pressure. I voted Mexico win but likely draw.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Mexico with the Win and a spot into the next round before even playing the Italians .. ;) Where they can all happily settle for a tie ;)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
ECUADOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

All mexico is Blanco....

U can do it ecuador show us the #2 is S.A. qualifying form

THe croats needs u to beat mexico

Lav

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
MIYAGI, Japan, June 8 (AFP)
Key to Ecuador v Mexico Group G game here Sunday:

- Can Ecuador recover from loss of Alex Aguinaga?
The attacking midfield playmaker was injured against Italy in their opening match, forcing coach Hernan Dario Gomez into a rethink.

Goalscorer Ivan Kaviedes scored several important goals for Ecuador in qualifying, including the strike which put the Andeans into the finals with a 1-0 win over Uruguay.

- Are Mexico past their best?
Mexico have a proud record at the World Cup, and have long been the strongest side in their Central and North America qualifying zone.

A quarter-final appearance at the 1986 finals, followed by successive second round appearances in 1994 and 1998 is evidence of their quality. But their ageing team looks vulnerable to pace and question marks over their defence linger.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
King Italy said:

Goalscorer Ivan Kaviedes scored several important goals for Ecuador in qualifying, including the strike which put the Andeans into the finals with a 1-0 win over Uruguay.

This stat is wrong is it not? I believe Ecuador drew 1-1 with Uruguay in that game?

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
King....you're absolutely correct..It was a 1x1 Tie..And this was the way the S Americans race ended:

After A grueling 18 games charade:

x-Argentina 43
x-Ecuador 31
x-Brasil 30
x-Paraguay 30
y-Uruguay 27

Ecuador indeed came in second, with Brazil and Paraguay 1 point behind....

And just to remind myself of the calvary..Chile was DEAD LAST with 12 louzy points !!!:depress: :dontcare: :depress:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Ecuador!It's time to show us that they deserve to be there...

If this happen then all teams will have 3 points and everything will be played in the last match.Just to help you understand...if Ecuador win Mexico with under 2 goals differnece then they will need only the win aginst the Croats to qualify...A bit complicated this group if Ecuador wins...something that i hope to become...

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
I dunno what too think or wish. If Ecuador win we all have 3 points and everything can happen, if Mexico win they have 6 points and are already qualified then we Just have to beat them to go through cause we'll probably qualify cause of goal diffrence then.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I see another victory for Mexico on their way to winning the group. Mexico will not be stopped:cool:

SI SE PUEDE SI SE PUEDE SI SE PUEDE

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Come on ecuador at least tie with mexico

we cant let em dirty mexicans go through :tongue: ;) :D

Lav

·
International
6,724 Posts
15 minutes from the Kickoff

Here are the starting lineups:
Code:
[b]Mexico[/b]

1. Oscar Perez 
 4. Rafael Marquez 
 5. Manuel Vidrio 
 16.Salvador Carmona 
 6. Gerardo Torrado 
 7. Ramon Morales 
 11.Braulio Luna 
 18.Joahan Rodriguez 
 9. Jared Borgetti 
 10.Cuauhtemoc Blanco 
 21.Jesus Arellano
Code:
[b]Ecuador[/b]

1. Jose Cevallos 
 2. Augusto Porozo 
 3. Ivan Hurtado 
 4. Ulises de la Cruz 
 6. Raul Guerron 
 5. Alfonso Obregon 
 16.Kleber Chala 
 19.Edison Mendez 
 20.Edwin Tenorio 
 9. Ivan Kaviedes 
 11.Agustin Delgado.

·
International
6,724 Posts
4th Minute

GOAL GOAL GOAL!! Agustin Delgado!! Great header!

Ecuador 1 Mexico 0

·
International
8,545 Posts
A draw would throw the group wide open. But even a win by Mexico won't mean they go through and a loss by Ecuador won't mean they're out.

If Mexico wins they have 6 points. They can still lose to Italy while Croatia beat Ecuador and it'll come to goal differential.

If Ecuador lose this game then beat Croatia and Mexico beats Italy, it'll put the three of us in a 3 way tie with 3 points each with Mexico winning the group.

If Ecuador win this game 1-0, it'll mean that draws for Croatian against Ecuador and Italy against Mexico will result in Cro and Italy going through, most likely. Unless a Mexico-Italy draw is a higher scoring affair which isn't likely.

·
International
6,724 Posts
28th Minute

GOAL GOAL GOAL!!! Mexico!! Borgetti !!!

Ecuador 1 Mexico 1

·
International
6,724 Posts
Figo Rules said:
Damn, JLP. You're quick on the draw.
My PC and TV are next to each other, and my internet connection is fast, that's why I was quick ;)

·
International
6,724 Posts
34th Minute

Subtitution Ecuador: Ayovi in, Tenorio out

Ecuador 1 Mexico 1

1 - 20 of 40 Posts