Two days before the big day.

What is happening to LIverpool?

paw:)

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Nothing
they are play normally as usual, same players, same tactics
but the oppositions have evolved, they know how to beat Liverpool now. Barcelona exposed our darkest secret. And team have been lining up to defend in the first 30 mins and attack in the next 60 against us. And our manager had been giving outdated instructions from France....

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
if we win it should decide the premiership. it's a huge task for liverpool. are they up to it?:confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fred Elliot said:
good to see such an intelligent appraisal of the two teams;)
Fook off you Kiwi twat

Probably started supporting United after the treble, eh??

Or are you one of the real loyal ones, who supported them even back when they won the league in 96?? :eek:

fookin prawn-munchers

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
it seems Ruud van Nistelrooy wants to settle something with Dudek...

Dudek is out to end old pal's run
By John Edwards

Ruud van Nistelrooy has a score to settle as he prepares to line up against Jerzy Dudek at Old Trafford tonight.
After being among the goals for a record-breaking eight successive Premiership matches, few would bet against the prolific Manchester United marksman extending his remarkable sequence against bitter foes Liverpool.

Van Nistelrooy himself might if he thinks back to the last time Dudek was in opposition during their days in the Dutch League two seasons ago, when Feyenoord visited PSV Eindhoven's Philips Stadion in what was billed as a title decider.

Dudek denied United's £18million front-runner with a string of breathtaking saves as PSV piled on the pressure.

Feyenoord stole the points with a winner from Patrick Paauwe and Van Nistelrooy said: 'All the headlines the next day were PSV 0, Dudek 1, and that was just how it was.

'It wasn't PSV against Feyenoord, it was us versus Jerzy Dudek, and he won hands down. Without him, we would have beaten them out of sight because he made so many incredible saves.

'One in particular was unbelievable. I hit the ball on the volley from inside the six-yard area and it had to be a goal. I could not have made better contact, yet he seemed to anticipate what I was going to do.

'He was already going full length and managed to get his chest in the way. Not only that, he pulled his arms in and actually held on to it. He has maintained his form and is clearly going to take some beating.'

Dudek will be replaced by Chris Kirkland for the Premiership game at Ipswich on Saturday, February 9, if the Poland international is called up for friendlies against the Faroe Islands and Northern Ireland.

-Hope he performs like that tomorrow

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
The key for Liverpool in this match has to be Jari Litmanen thats if he plays. Its simple Litmanen must play because if any of u guys saw the Man Utd vs Blackburn match there are just holes in the Man Utd defence just waiting to be exposed and Litmanen is the guy for us that is more than capable of exposing them. Knowing Liverpool and our tactics Thommo wont put Litty on till the last 5 mins when the games is just about over :mad: :(

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
BBC SPORT | LIVERPOOL | Thompson confident of upset
Monday, 21 January, 2002, 17:21 GMT
Thompson confident of upset

Thompson says Liverpool can go on a good run
Liverpool assistant manager Phil Thompson has said he is confident his
team will bounce back from their recent mediocre form against Manchester
United on Tuesday evening.
United have won their last eight games and are now top of the Premier
League, while spluttering Liverpool have picked up just eight points from
the last 24 possible.

We are capable of putting together the same sort of run that
Manchester United have achieved

Phil Thompson
Yet Thompson believes his team will raise their game against the Premier
League's in-form side.
"We are looking forward to the game immensely," said Thompson.
"We showed tremendous abilities away at Arsenal last week to draw, and
that's a difficult fixture too.
"The players responded then and I am expecting exactly the same response
when we go to Manchester United."
Liverpool were 11 points clear of United on 12 December with a game in
hand.
But the Anfield outfield side have dropped from top to fifth in 39 days.
Thompson, though, believes Liverpool can produce the sort of form needed
to overhaul Manchester United.
"We are capable of putting together the same sort of run that Manchester
United have achieved," said Thompson.
"We know we can do that, so do Arsenal, Leeds, Newcastle or Chelsea.
"There are still great capabilities within our team to put in a long,
unbeaten run.
"Even now we have lost only one of our six, just think how much better
that will look if we can beat United.
"We have to remain positive, we have to look after the players and keep
them positive too."
------------------------------------------

Ok.. I have to ask.. what is this guy on??!!!! :confused:

We were tremendous against Arsenal??

Anyway.. Ok I'm excited cuz the game itself makes you that way.. But expectations.. from Liverpool.. very low... espeically if Litti isn't in the team.. and if we go on with those off form players like Heskey, Murphy and Carragher... :depress:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
lets hope pinnochio is saying a truth for good! otherwise we are doomed!

if we are going to use the same fecking tactics then lets pray hard for us to even survive the onslaught from scums!

come on reds! i am banging you hard on this!

·
Registered
300 Posts
OK i'm going to be optimistic here as it is man yoo who we are up against... everybody will know that just the thought of playing against these scums will make every liverpudlian very hungary...

To add to the fact that this is a season deciding match for us - a win will convince everyone that were still in with a shout but a loss will more or less mean a champions league place is all that we can hope for this season from the league ( and i hugely doubt we'll make even the knock out's in the champions league).

Meanwhile, man yoo will be out for revenge for there last 4 humiliations...which should make a fairly interesting and if not a mouth watering encounter. i doubt we'll sit back and defend as we've done lately. if they were to score early on, that will give us the incentive to be a bit more adventurous. even if we were to take the lead or be a few up, we can't sit back on that as the likes of villa will tell.

·
Registered
811 Posts
to be more optimistic, maybe this is a form changing match, just like last season, when we were on a bad run, then a win against everton changed the season OR it could be the goodbye sign of our championship's hope

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
It's time to set aside all the differences in opinion, and unite for this match.

It's ole Ginsoak's last league game in charge against us, lets send him off good and proper! :D I'll be disgusted if our fans boo him tonight. Let's show how dignified we are, and not boo him in his last league encounter with us.

All other considerations aside, and there are plenty, it would be the sort of thing that would mark us apart from the supporters of any other club. Its the sort of thing that got us such a glowing report after the UEFA final, from the Barca visit in October, from the Grimsby fans in September. And the sort of thing we've been doing for 30 years at least. That big-heartedness is one of the things that marks us out as different, and its something we should continue to foster. And when you think about it there is no bloke who we would less like to do it for then Fergie so in many ways it would be the utimate test of our integrity. I hope we don't fail.

That said, How I would love to see us leading 3-1 with 5 minutes to go, and our fans chanting " Fergie, Fergie, give us a wave!" :D

·
Registered
756 Posts
Needless to say that I want to see Jari playing. And Vignal should play, too. The team has been poor in so many recent games, so fresh players can't be a bad idea.
The team should not be afraid of the mancs when they play, we've seen where it leads us vs. teams like Soton.
Can anyone tell me what Thommo is regularly smoking? Not only his tactics and substitutes are bad, but his after-match comments are not understandable for me. Tremendous against Arsenal? Has he seen a different match? Unbelievable.
This will probably be the most decisive match for us this season. If we lose, we IMHO don't have a chance to win the title anymore and the mancs might break away from the rest. If we win, then this could be the turning point of our season.
I think it'll be a draw.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'd like to see Jari, Vignal and Heggem out there. Move Riise into midfield. Start with Anelka and Owen too.

Sod the long ball dross.

Let's get out there and get at 'em!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't get it. We saw total charge, flowing passes, all kind of chances against S'ampton. In only 10-12 minutes, and a goal resulted. Then the last 80 minutes were played like the last few weeks. Like two different teams.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Match Line up

Dudek
Carragher
Henchoz
Hyypia
Wright

Riise
Gerrard
Hamman