Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No excuses for this match, I want a win, we have dropped far too many points against smaller teams like this, we have to win these games if we want to have any realistic chance of getting into the CL next season.

We have been on a winning streak, beating Parma, then Milan, and now we must win against Empoli.

I hope Inzaghino starts this match, he has a real hunger to play again and is desperate to score.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
We have to get rid of our inconsistency and show the same level of play as against Parma and Milan. Empoli are dangerous in attack, their strikers are very fast and can cause us a lot of trouble. So we should press them more and not give them a lot of free space. 4-3-3 seems to be working well, we should stick to it with Couto and Stam as a CB pair, Lopez and Cesar on the wings, and GG (or Albertini if he is not too tired from the Coppa game), Liverani and Fiore in the center of midfield. I would favor Inzaghi instead of Corradi for this game because Corradi seems to be missing too many chances lately but Mancio favours him so he will probably start. Underestimating the opponent could be very costly in this game.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Inzaghino said:
I hope Inzaghino starts this match, he has a real hunger to play again and is desperate to score.
Lopez and Corradi worked well together with Lopez coming from the wing playing off Corradi so I see no need in changing that.

In a way I fear this match. We've often done good against the big teams and crap against the small ones. Let's hope we've gotten our arms down after the mid-week destruction of Milan. Anything but a win is unacceptable.

FORZA LAZIO !!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Biancoceleste said:
Albertini got injured in training. :(
Not again... What the hell are thay doing during those trainings? Is it a bad injury?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Mancini: Put Cup triumph aside Saturday 14 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roberto Mancini has urged Lazio to get back their concentration for today's tricky clash with giant killers Empoli.

“The Tuscans are a side that warrants respect after their good results against Inter and Juventus,” he warned. “But we must keep up this winning streak to aim for that fourth place finish.”

The Biancocelesti have certainly turned a corner with a crushing 3-0 League win at Parma and extraordinary 4-0 drubbing of holders Milan in the Coppa Italia semi-final.

“We have finally found the right spirit and desire to have fun while playing football,” added Mancio.

“The real Lazio are neither the fantastic one seen against Milan, nor the stuttering side that was held by Sampdoria. We are somewhere in between and must find a balance.”

The Coach voiced fears that the departure of Dejan Stankovic would ruin their campaign, but it has ironically freed up Stefano Fiore to play in his favoured position.

“Stefano worked very hard for the team by playing out wide in a 4-4-2, but I think that he learned a great deal from that experience. Now he is perhaps a more complete player and ready for the Italy squad.”

The real turning point in Lazio’s season seems to be the return to full fitness of Brazilian winger Cesar.

“Our real problem had been a lack of alternatives on the left flank,” explained the former Sampdoria hero, “considering that both Cesar and Claudio Lopez were out for several months with injuries.”

There are more fitness woes for this clash with Empoli, as Demetrio Albertini’s calf problem forces him to join Ousmane Dabo, Paolo Negro and Guerino Gottardi on the sidelines.

Lazio squad: Cesar, Claudio Lopez, Colonnese, Corradi, Favalli, Fernando Couto, Fiore, Giannichedda, Inzaghi, Liverani, Mihajlovic, Muzzi, Oddo, Peruzzi, Sereni, Stam, Zauri

channel4

================

match preview: lazio - empoli...

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sa0304/laz-emp.html

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Lazio (4-3-3): Peruzzi; Stam, Couto, Mihajlovic, Favalli; Fiore, Giannichedda, Liverani; Lopez, Corradi, Cesar

That's the line-up according to kataweb. So Mancinni seems to be trying to use Stam to stop Di Natale. I am bit worried about Couto and Miha's lack of speed but we will see about that.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
1:0 for us! Couto scored!

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
2:0 - Zauri!:star: (right before halftime)
3:0 - Stam from a freekick. :star:

Three goals from three defenders, wow!;)

FORZA LAZIO!

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
Anomander Rake said:
2:0 - Zauri!:star:(right before halftime)
3:0 - Stam from a freekick.

Three goals from three defenders, wow!;)

FORZA LAZIO!
Damn you! I was just about to write that comment!!! ;)

BAM BAM JAPIE STAM :star: :star: :cool:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
We are better without Stankovic.:tongue:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
3:0 is the final result. Very good win and apparently we have played well too. 10:0 goal difference in the last three games - quite impressive! FORZA LAZIO!

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Another excellent win! :happy:

If we keep playing like this we acquire a good position in the league. :)

Forza Lazio !!

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
i saw the game.....
Empoli in the first half played nice but nothing of special...and in the second half you played better,Empoli did nothing, the Empoli keeper crappy:D

congrat:)

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Thanks and be sure to give Inter a lot of trouble tomorrow.:)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts