Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be looking to build on the emphatic 5-0 victory last week with a win this Saturday against Leeds. We will be without McCann who unfortunately begins his 5-match suspension. Peter Whittingham is also unavailable through suspension. However, Lee Hendrie could be available as he has been making a speedy recovery from the injury he sustained against Bolton.

I expect us to line up like this:

Sorensen

Delaney----Mellberg----Dublin----Samuel

Solano----Hendrie----Hitzlsperger----Barry

Vassell----Crouch

Prediction

The bottom-place side visiting Villa Park......should equal 3 points if you ask me..

Aston Villa 2
Vassell
Solano

Leeds Utd 0

;)

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I could be wrong but I am feeling confident over this game (yes, now we have to worry!).

Villa to win 2-0

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HENDRIE BOOST

Lee Hendrie could be set for a double-quick return to action, after resuming training two weeks ahead of schedule.

The midfielder sat out Saturday’s 5-0 triumph at Leicester with a groin injury and looked certain to be sidelined for this weekend’s home clash with crisis club Leeds.

But, with Peter Whittingham and Gavin McCann both suspended for Saturday’s game, Hendrie now looks set to answer a midfield SOS.

Head of Sports Science Steve McGregor commented: “Lee has shown a great deal of determination and he’s done well to get back to training as quickly as he has.

“He’s just desperate to play and that’s great to see. Hopefully he’ll be OK for the Leeds game.”

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
This is the big one for me! bigger than the birmingham derby. So ofcourse am goin to it :D fair few problems around the field though with the squad looking so thin. I'll be bitterly dissapointed if we don't get the three points here but i'm being my cynical self n i think Leeds might just nudge the 3 points their way.

Not pretty...

Villa 1

Leeds 2.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O'LEARY FORCED TO MAKE CHANGES

Aston Villa manager David O'Leary will be forced to make two changes from the side which demolished Leicester City 5-0 for the visit of his former club Leeds United.

Midfielder Gavin McCann and full-back Mark Delaney plus Peter Whittingham - a substitute at the Walkers Stadium - are all suspended.

Ulises de la Cruz is likely to replace Delaney with fit again Lee Hendrie slotting into McCann's spot in the centre.

Leading scorer Juan Pablo Angel is back in contention after recovering from a leg injury although he may be eased back into the action, particularly with Peter Crouch and Darius Vassell both netting twice against the Foxes.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have Viduka back for the game which isn't ideal but I still think we will prove to be too much to handle tomorrow.

Come on Lee- a little more faith :)- especially as we are on the back of a 5-0 win- it isn't often we're in a position like this heading into a home game..:cool:

....Up The Villa!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
yeah but while im predicting all these losses... were collecting nice lil wins here n there :) so im not gonna stop my depressing predictions lol

The Lee reporttttttt.......

jus got back from the aston social where the atmosphere was stunning...... at like 7pm there was still people stood on tables singing villa songs lol.

im writing this and im slightly tipsy a the mo from celebration. me living in yorkshire made this more important than the birmingham game to me lol. Although I now have my ticket for the blues game too! :D (but its only in the lower holte this time :( )

annnnnnyway... about today. kinda dubious penalty before half time but i wasn't complaining! from how i saw the game it could have ended 4-4 in the end. Thomas Sorensen and Olof Mellberg are the most amazing defencive players this club has had since i have followed the club. These 2 are the reason why we got the 3 points today.

I'm also happy because of Tamworth 4-3 Leigh RMI :)

Lee :)

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aston Villa 2
Angel 45 (pen)
Johnsen 59

Leeds Utd 0

Another success, another 3 points and also much good news from our perspective in the other Premiership games played today- moving us up to 8th in the league :)

Angel adding another to his tally today on his return from injury, this his 10th league goal of the season and 17th in all competitions. Also a first in Claret & Blue for Ronny Johnsen which is good to see.

We are playing very well at the moment, long let this form continue :)..

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VILLA PILE ON MISERY FOR LEEDS

Leeds slipped closer to the Premiership relegation trapdoor with a 2-0 defeat at Aston Villa, but it needed a disputed penalty converted by Juan Pablo Angel to send them tumbling towards a seventh successive defeat.

Eddie Gray's side looked to have survived a first-half onslaught in which Villa twice hit the crossbar and had an effort cleared off the line. But in injury time referee Uriah Rennie outraged Leeds players by pointing to the spot after Didier Domi was adjudged to have fouled Darius Vassell, who had lost control of the ball.

Up stepped Angel to stroke home his 17th goal of the season and then Ronny Johnsen added a second with his first goal for Villa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.