Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A very tough fixture in my opinion. The corresponding fixture last season ended in a 3-1 Villa win I remember well. Marcus Allback was amongst the goal scorers- it was his first for the club.

This season will require the same sort of performance as most teams have discovered when playing the high-flying, 4th place Fulham.

The fact that the game is at Villa Park will give us a slight edge I believe, only one loss there this season- that sloppy 2-0 defeat at the hands of Middlesbrough. Things have looked up since then, and I think we will be able to get a result..

Prediction

Aston Villa 2

Angel
Hendrie

Fulham 1
Saha

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
We can't afford to give away any more points at home like we did to Everton, Bolton and Middlesborugh. Fulham shall be a very tough test for us, lots of pacey players in lots of places.

I'm hoping for one of Villas 3 point struggle sort of games like we seem to do so well. but i fear we are going to have our backs to the wall throughout and scrape a draw.

Aston Villa 0

Fulham 0

attendance- better be above 30 bloody thousand this time! > : |

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
O'LEARY WAITS ON ANGEL

Bit of bad news....:(......

Aston Villa manager David O'Leary is sweating on the fitness of striker Juan Pablo Angel for the home clash with high-flying Fulham.

Villa's 12-goal leading scorer is O'Leary's only major doubt after limping out of Elland Road with an ankle knock after the goalless draw at Leeds.

Dion Dublin's fine form as a striker turned defender may again mean Ronny Johnsen having to be content with a place on the substitutes' bench.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VASSELL BREAKS SCORING DUCK

Two-goal Darius Vassell broke his Premiership duck for the season - and netted at Villa Park for the first time since New Year's Day - as David O'Leary's side continued their revival with a 3-0 win over Fulham.

Vassell has struggled to reproduce the form he has shown for England and he had been left out of the starting line-up for the previous two games.

But his personal drought was finally ended after 67 minutes when he turned home a cross from the outstanding Jlloyd Samuel.

That was the cue for wild celebrations in front of the Holte End and then for good measure the 23-year-old added a second to round off a comprehensive victory.

Juan Pablo Angel had brought the game to life in the 32nd minute with his sixth goal in seven games. Samuel was the creator with a run which took him past the challenges of Steed Malbranque and Moritz Voltz before delivering an inviting low cross - and Angel did the rest at the far post.

Only Louis Saha looked capable of pulling the game out of the fire for the visitors as speculation continues to mount over a possible move to Manchester United.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Another win, another 3 points- we now move into the top half of the table.

I don't know what's happening, but since that 4-0 drubbing at Old Trafford we really have shown character in the best possible way. 3-0 against a Fulham side in full swing is impressive as far as i'm concerned.

This is a very good day for the club as we are actually beginning to look and play like a good side.

Times likes these are great- when I can say I am proud to be an Aston Villa fan :proud: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Brilliant, flamin marvellous. Never seen them play so well before in my life while sat in the Holte.

J'Lloyd was something special. Th only player the Holte seemed to take it out on was Lee Hendrie always clueless. One of the best atmospheres I have ever been to besides the Birmingham game. It's so great to go on a run of results that we wouldnt even have been able to think about while Graham Taylor was in charge.

Aston Villa 3-2 Wolves
Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea
Blackburn 0-2 Aston Villa
Leeds United 0-0 Aston Villa
Aston Villa 3-0 Fulham

:)

Sorensen- 8, great save early on

Samuel- 9, my man o the match. Had a say in every goal.
Mellberg- 8, solid as ever but never stood out
Johnsen- 8, never noticed him make a mistake, would have been nice to see Dion back there though.
Delaney- 7, a bit quiet and spent a lot of the time on his arse.

Hendrie- 4, as soon as that January window opens I want this guy out. People feel sorry for him because of how the crowd treated him, he is one awful, clueless player and has let himself down considerably since having such a promising start to his career.
McCann- 7, solid as ever.
Barry- 7, some good moments, others sloppy.
Whittingham- 7, lively.

Vassell- 8, better but still doesnt make as much trouble as he should do. Great to see him get 2 goals under his belt.
Angel- 8, hardest working player on the pitch.

All in all then, one fantastic Christmas period that I couldn't have wished more from the lads. I am one proud Villa fan!

Lee

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.