Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FA Cup 4th Rd -- Arsenal vs Liverpool

Five more to go. Waiting for the start patiently.

paw;)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dudek - SH, SH, Wright, Carragher - Heskey, Gerrard, Hamann, Riise - Owen, Anelka

paw;)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Owen on the clear but his shot was saved by Wright's legs in the 12th min.

paw;)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wiltord misses from a cross by Cole in the 23rd min. Pires gone off. Sub by Parlour.

Incidentally, only Stephen Wright is not a full international among the 22 playing in the starting 11 today.

paw

;)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bergkamp got in front of Carragher from a Henry cross and scores. 1-0 Arsenal. 28th minute.

Immediately, Anelka's shot hit the crossbar.

paw:(

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bad move

The reds stuffed it up when they subed Anelka at the brake he was playin ok he had 2 good shots on goal and was creating chances.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Well no offense, but what's 50 million pound estimated-best finisher-european footballer of the year Owen going through? He hasn't looked impressive for ages, and he's missing good chances.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yeah, he hasnt scored for... two games now.

:rolleyes:

Well, he is still better than Noel Whelan...

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
It is official
now we can no longer say our tactics will only work in Cup Competitions.

It is rubbish in Cup competion as well.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
"Yeah, he hasnt scored for... two games now. "

I'm not talking about scoring (and btw, he really isn't scoring alot lately.). I'm talking about his performances. In most of his games lately, he's been playing the invisible man act or in today's case: missing 3-4 chances of which a few were "sitters". No denying that. And it's not just been going on for 2-3 games either. I'm wondering... is the Heskey-virus contagious? :D

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Kyo said:
is the Heskey-virus contagious? :D
Not really
U see Owen is undergoing a process called "Houlliernization". It is a process when world class attackers become crap, some player goes through it faster then others." Players like Ziege, Fowler and Smicer were affacted the fastest then Heskey, then Murphy, then Gerrard, then Riise then, Berger, then Owen and Jari.

Here is how the process works

1. Ya manager treats U like a 3rd division players and say U are not ready for anything yet
Desired effect - The team will not try anything funny like a backheel of a siderule pass and not lose possession.
Actual effect - The players will be so depressed at their standards that they will have no confidence to do anything

2. ya manager tells U to be uncreative
Desired effect - see (1)

3. ya manager tells U to defend
Desired effect - Opposition defenders will be bored to death and fall asleep maybe we can capitalize and get a goal like in the FA Cup final
Actual Effect - Opposition read us like a book.

4 . Ya manager lambast U for not getting a goal lead by half time. (actually Thommo does the lambasting)
Desired effect - The team will try to get a goal before half time next game
Actual effect - Opposition play cautiously in first half

5. Ya manager lambast U for getting a goal in the 2nd half when U should be defending. (That is the case for Jari against Arsenal.)
Desired effect - to put those smart alec in their place
Actual Effect - Fowler scoring goals for Leeds throughout 90 mins.

6. Extra instructions for wide players
Ya manager tells U to be a 2nd full back
Desired effect - to prevent the likes of Marsden and Nolen from overpowering our defence
Actual effect - 4 full backs and no width in attack.

Overall desired effect - 1-0 victories
Actual effect - players who are low in morale and confidence and playing in crap **** tactics.

oh no - Now it seems Owen is suffering from teh effects of Houllierization cos Anelka is sharing the work load with him and Owen have to go back to that ****pile called our midfield and undergo Houlliernization.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Kyo said:
is the Heskey-virus contagious? :D
Not really
U see Owen is undergoing a process called "Houlliernization". It is a process when world class attackers become crap, some player goes through it faster then others." Players like Ziege, Fowler and Smicer were affacted the fastest then Heskey, then Murphy, then Gerrard, then Riise then, Berger, then Owen and Jari.

Here is how the process works

1. Ya manager treats U like a 3rd division players and say U are not ready for anything yet
Desired effect - The team will not try anything funny like a backheel of a siderule pass and not lose possession.
Actual effect - The players will be so depressed at their standards that they will have no confidence to do anything

2. ya manager tells U to be uncreative
Desired effect - see (1)

3. ya manager tells U to defend
Desired effect - Opposition defenders will be bored to death and fall asleep maybe we can capitalize and get a goal like in the FA Cup final
Actual Effect - Opposition read us like a book.

4 . Ya manager lambast U for not getting a goal lead by half time. (actually Thommo does the lambasting)
Desired effect - The team will try to get a goal before half time next game
Actual effect - Opposition play cautiously in first half

5. Ya manager lambast U for getting a goal in the 2nd half when U should be defending. (That is the case for Jari against Arsenal.)
Desired effect - to put those smart alec in their place
Actual Effect - Fowler scoring goals for Leeds throughout 90 mins.

6. Extra instructions for wide players
Ya manager tells U to be a 2nd full back
Desired effect - to prevent the likes of Marsden and Nolen from overpowering our defence
Actual effect - 4 full backs and no width in attack.

Overall desired effect - 1-0 victories
Actual effect - players who are low in morale and confidence and playing in crap **** tactics.

oh no - Now it seems Owen is suffering from teh effects of Houllierization cos Anelka is sharing the work load with him and Owen have to go back to that ****pile called our midfield and undergo Houlliernization.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Owen is in a slump, he will get out of it soon, im hoping! Liverpool shouldn't have taken off Anelka, that was a big mistake. We could have equalized in the second half if he had stayed on. Liverpool needs to get some mids. If u get at least one "quality" mid, Liverpool will be back in business :).

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is not such a poor result after all, on the hindsight of everything. It is definitely not a good result, but we, at least, showed pride and passion. But nothing to show for in the end. We pegged Arsenal back in the second half and despite all the huff and puff, we showed that at least we give them a shout for it. We could have been two men up when Bergkamp was sent off for a disgraceful tackle but for Carragher's folly, we were only one man up. But we know that it is never easy to play against a 10-men side. Owen, for all his liking, did not have a good match. He should have put away the first half chance that came his way. Sadly, Litty's appearance in the second period did not change the course of the game and Arsenal are through.

paw;)

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Hi Paw, everyone...

Well I'm with Paw here.. we didn't play a bad game.. we created chances.. we pressured Arsenal (Ok they were down to 9 men.. and we were 10.. but when we played them in the league game at Anfield.. they were 10 and played us out of our pants!!).. A few points:

a) Why oh why was Anelka subbed and not Heskey.. Heskey is dipping in form more and more every game.. what's the record now of games without goals?? I actually got to the point where I hoped he'd get red carded for that DUMB charge on Richard Wright after Stephen Wright's wonderful move... At least then, He'd HAVE to be left out of the squad!!

b) Owen would have been a more reasonable person to sub.. although with his record and ability.. you wouldn't try that as he can work stuff from nothing.

c) The weather was astonishingly bad!! I mean the players looked as if they were dipped into a swimming pool before coming on to the pitch

d) All red cards were 100% correct.. Carragher's was the least necessary.. As he should have been more professional about it!! That was simply a stupid move to make!!

e) Ya, Litti came on but didn't add much.. But I'd blame the weather for that.. the game actually was an ugly game with lots of passion too it!! At times they looked like School boys fighting for a piece of candy!!

f) I really like Riise in his new midfield role.. although I wish he would try and dribble the ball past players a bit more.. (kinda like what S. Wright does).. use his speed..

g) I was really impressed with Stephen Wright.. tormented Ashley Cole and kept him pinned back a lot.. he's an attacking force in a much better way than he is a defensive one..

h) Henchoz was a disappointment.. Ok.. the weather could have helped.. but he was lost...

i) I could only feel respect for Henry.. with his mouth dripping blood like a tap, He still wanted to play and that shows love for the game..

j) Finally, How many Yellow cards does Heskey have?? isn't he close to 5 yet?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
we were okay when they were down by 9 players but our finishing touch was bad and crossing were so ugly!

bad day at office!:(

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
:depress: ...

And carragher is now gonna be suspended for at least 4 matches plus going to face police charges.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Ya.. I heard his coin hit a lady in the face!!

He apologised afterwards, But I think he's gonna pay dearly for that moment of madness.. as for Liverpool.. well I guess we'll either be seeing the return of Riise to Left Back or Vignal finally returning..

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Oh well, Houllier/Thommo!!!!!!
Please change before it is too late!!!!

:dazed:

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
We played quite well for the first 15-20 mins today, but once the arse had scored tehy really started to controll the game. Owen missed 3-4 good chances but I think he is allowed an off day, he doesn't exactly have many does he.

I agree aboput Wright, he is really settling in well, he was great yesterday, getting forward well.

I disagree with Yasir, I thought Henchoz had a good game, he made some vital blocks and had an allround solid game.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts