Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the other thread is already full, I shall make it a new one. :)

Hopefully Arsenal will win 2-0 !! :star:

LONG LIVE ARSENAL !! :stuckup:

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Lets just run all over them, 5-1 will be enough! :shades: :D

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
For some reason I get a feeling Arsenal will sneak through. A 2-0 win is possible no doubt. A goal inside the first half-hour should set the game up nicely.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The Merengue said:
For some reason I get a feeling Arsenal will sneak through. A 2-0 win is possible no doubt. A goal inside the first half-hour should set the game up nicely.
Yes if they can get the early goal I can see them going through

However I don't think they would get it

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
The Merengue said:
if we get a goal inside the 1st half hour then we will probably score again within the hour and then we will try to hold the lead for a full thirty minutes and for us that is impossible. :sigh:

our best bet would be to score around 70-80 minutes then have a frantic rally for the 2nd goal late on, hopefully get it in the 92nd minute to seal a night of glory.

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
No problems, we'll score three in the first 35 minutes, from than on it will be just a walk in the park for us! :shades: :dielaugh:

·
63,337 Posts
Walter BC said:
No problems, we'll score three in the first 35 minutes, from than on it will be just a walk in the park for us! :shades: :dielaugh:

only three ? how about six in the first twenty ? then Vieira can peel grapes for the rest of the match while sitting in the centre circle. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
only three ? how about six in the first twenty ? then Vieira can peel grapes for the rest of the match while sitting in the centre circle. :thumbsup:
Well yes, that would do just nicely as well. :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
our best bet would be to score around 70-80 minutes then have a frantic rally for the 2nd goal late on, hopefully get it in the 92nd minute to seal a night of glory.
"THE BALL COMES IN ... AND IT'S ASHLEY COLE AT THE FAR POST! 1-0 TO THE ARSENAL!!"

THAT was a great moment of glory. Something similar would have to happen 'cos we can't hold a lead to save our lives.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
JERN i cant take waiting 92 minutes for a winner, that would drive m insane, i hope we score 1 in the 1st, and 2 in the 2nd.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
I remember hearing Frank McLintock talking about the away leg of the Anderlecht game in 1970 on the History DVD, the boys were 3-0 down and got a late goal to take back to Highbury a 3-1 deficit.

Straight after the game McLintock was in the face of everyone in his dressing room, screaming that Anderlecht were crap and that they'd get murdered at Highbury. The rest is history but I wonder if Vieira did anything similar after the game in Munich. I doubt he did.

I really think a win, of any kind, will be a good performance. Even if it's not enough to take us through. And let's face it, we weren't unlucky in Munich - we got a spanking that we deserved. If it had been two lucky goals and we'd squandered chances I'd feel a little more confident, but I really don't think we've got enough to turn Bayern over. I think a draw will be what we come out with. But then, I AM the eternal pessimist.

·
63,337 Posts
I think Paddy probably did give it to them after the game, especially as he was the only one holding the team together at all.

hopefully Edu being fit will give us more power in the centre, i want to see us pressurising the Germans high up the pitch like we do when we are at our best, we need to take chances to get them all flustered, a couple of tasty tackles on Ballack early doors and we won't see him anymore like when he played here for Leverkusen. :fero:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Right after the first match ended in Germany, I buried my hopes of progressing into next round. Yes, today we might win... we might even score 3-4 goals. But that still won't be enough, because our defence won't be able to cope with Bayern's counter-attacks.

My prediction for the game 3-2 to the Arsenal....

·
63,337 Posts
Nauan said:
Right after the first match ended in Germany, I buried my hopes of progressing into next round. Yes, today we might win... we might even score 3-4 goals. But that still won't be enough, because our defence won't be able to cope with Bayern's counter-attacks.

My prediction for the game 3-2 to the Arsenal....
yes so the only way is to stop them countering by knocking them off their stride in their half, hopefully Dennis has been saving some magic up in the last fortnight.

·
Registered
865 Posts
That's right Jern... Vieira must prepare for a tough fight in the middle of the park.... :boxing: :fero:

If we are to win this game and magically progress, the players, who I believe will carry us there, are Dennis and Patrick. I also hope Thierry proves those wankers bashing him, that he actually is somebody in Europe... not that I ever doubted it.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts