Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The General Director of Lecce Pantaleo Corvino confirms: "The transfer that will bring to Lecce Sicignano and Bolano from Parma in exchange for Amelia has been concluded. There is the agreement between the clubs and the players. We only wait for some internal details to be settled in the club that should be settled shortly."

Well, I can't say I'm unhappy with this move. Amelia did not do good with Lecce this year but we know he is talented and it looks as if he is going to be Frey's back up till June, so he'll have time to settle. From then on, we give very little away. Bolano is well, Bolano and Sicignano, although he did good for us against Milan, was always considered a back up goalkeeper.

Signing Amelia is a risk, considering his performances so far this season, but he comes for almost nothing, so I'm happy.

Welcome to Parma Marco! :star:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Great!:)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Does this mean Frey will be sold in january or does the board want Amelia to learn the team before he takes over?

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Ok, it's not like our squad is packed with midfielders so I'm not sure losing Bolano is a great idea... I do hope we get a new midfielder now in January.

Right now Amelia isn't better than Sicignano and with De Lucia, Vanin and Guatelli coming up the ranks I don't quite see the point in this deal.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Prof, by giving Sicignano as part of the deal we leave no back up goalkeeper in case Frey is sold now (I really doubt the club would trust barely 17 years old Vanin as second goalkeeper). So I guess Amelia will be Seba's back up till the summer, and then he may take over with De Lucia as his back up. Or something.

In any case, this is an investiment for the future. Bolano and Sicignano were nothing important, while Amelia has the potential to become.

Marten: Bolano was clearly not much trusted by Prandelli. I guess his part in the rotation will be taken by Camara...

I wonder if the Vidic deal is off. :undecide:

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
VERDI said:
Ok, it's not like our squad is packed with midfielders so I'm not sure losing Bolano is a great idea... I do hope we get a new midfielder now in January.

Right now Amelia isn't better than Sicignano and with De Lucia, Vanin and Guatelli coming up the ranks I don't quite see the point in this deal.
I only see great things with this deal. Bolano had a huge wage because he is still from the glory days. Why should we have a bencher that makes more than our regular players? I am sure we can let a primavera take his place as a sub. Its cheaper.

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
One thing that is important to think about when speaking about Amelia is that he is very young. A young keeper needs experience. I remember Frey at Inter and Verona. He did those misstakes too. Look at him now.

If I am not wrong this is his first season in Serie A. Maybe he hasn`t played so good but I am sure he can become a good keeper if he just gets a little trust and experience. And lets not forget that we have devoleped a lot of good young keepers.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Well, we really didn't loose much in this transfer. The only thing I'm worried about is that we'll lack routine in the goalkeeping area.
As long as Frey is here we're safe, but if Amelia is to be our nr.1 goalie next season I really hope we have someone with more experience then De Lucia as back-up. Nothing against De Lucia (or Guatelli or Vanin) but I really don't think it's a good idea to have Amelia, De Lucia and Vanin as our goalkeeping squad. That would leave me very nervous to say the least. You could point out that Sicignano isn't very experienced either with this beeing his first serie A season, but at least he's been in the goalkeeping game for a couple of years.

So I think we'll sign a new back-up to Amelia this summer, abit like we did last season with Sicignano. De Lucia and the rest? Loaned out or released I guess.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Not bad...;) :happy:

I like Bolano but I know the guy is a clown and a half with challenges...:D...:howler: and will never be a 1st team regular.

I'll miss the fella...:tongue:

Sicignano is going then...hmmm...I would have kept him as a prefered back up or something...:groan:. Oh well...I hope Amelia and his hype is justified.:)

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I like that deal, we will have cut our wage bill, and potentially have a better goalkeeper in the long run.

Welcome Marco!

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Another Marco in Parma :happy:!

I agree with the most of Enola' post.

It's so strange and unique feeling that Sicignano leaves. He came from nowhere and has done briliant job for us. He had an awesome match against Milan, we wanted him as our next GK (or at least the back-up for Amelia who needs good back-up. What would be Lecce without Poleksic?) and then he leaves after 5 months. This is disturbing. How will we remember him? The GK with the best average rating for Parma in Serie A in all history?

Welcome Marco!

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Well Sicignano played most of his career at Palermo...die-hard fan too...he wanted to go to Serie A with Palermo but it will be very hard and he wanted a taste of Serie A, he fore he retires and Parma gave it to him. :)

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Get over it guys. Its not like Sicignano is Buffon or something. We got a brilliant deal and should be happy. Just because Sicignano did the game of his life against Milan doesnt mean he would be the next NT keeper.:groan:

And look. Tanzi is gone and we have done a great deal allready!:D

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Yeah, they came up with this idea today after Tanzi stepped down...

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
VERDI said:
Yeah, they came up with this idea today after Tanzi stepped down...
Exactly. They did that.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
1 - 20 of 51 Posts