Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.corrieredellosport.it/Notizie/Calcio/36064/Ora+è+fatta:+Mancini+è+dell'Inter+Alla+Roma+circa+13+milioni

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Calciomercato/Primo_Piano/2008/07_Luglio/10/mancinifatto.shtml

We've finally sold Mancini to Inter for 13 mil Euro. I am content as I will never have to see his lack of heart, his lack of defense, his laziness, and his selfishness again in a Roma shirt!!

Only mistake we made was not selling him last season and getting 18 mil Euro.

Ciao Amantino...enjoy riding the bench at Inter! :pp

·
Registered
59,727 Posts
We don't have the players to bench him. Not ones with his playing style or those who occupy his role, I mean.

13mil is reasonable, a risk worth taking.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
He will be bench under Mourinho for sure if he plays the same way he did at Roma. Lazy, selfish, not bothered. Well 13 mln euros is good... 2 attacking players and the mercato can be complete :)

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Better that it is one's attitude that needs lifting up then his technical skills or physical state. And he wouldn't be at Inter if Mourinho did not see something in him. Simple.

·
Scudetto
23,383 Posts
I just hope Thiago Neves isn't the one replacing him at Roma.

He has to join the Brazilians of Milan :stuckup:

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
It´s not 100% officiall yet (although it looks 99%), Mancini is on vacation and should (hopefully) sign next week.

·
Premium Member
11,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
13mil is reasonable, a risk worth taking.
Yes, I'd agree with that. 13 mil Euro to Inter is like $10 to me. Definitely a risk worth taking if I were Inter.

He will be bench under Mourinho for sure if he plays the same way he did at Roma. Lazy, selfish, not bothered.
Exactly.

Better that it is one's attitude that needs lifting up then his technical skills or physical state. And he wouldn't be at Inter if Mourinho did not see something in him. Simple.
He is healthy, no doubt, but Amantino is not in great physical shape. He keeps himself just fit enough which is why his gets tired late in games. Maybe Inter will convince/motivate him to get into better shape. And yes, they are taking the chance of getting the Mancini they saw in 2007 vs Lyon. That Mancini will come about for a good 3-4 weeks straight...which will be followed by 6-8 weeks of him being as effective as Stankovic or Cesar.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Moratti and Oriali wanted Mancini for a long time. In any case I dont believe his technical skills are that strong. For a winger he is quite lousy at taking people on. He has a good shot and a good sense of timing... but if you get Lampard aswell, you will have a midfield full of just these types of players and not creative ones.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Great deal for us, no doubt. 13 mln. for a player entering the last year of his contract and who had an atrocious last season. Well done Prade and also on accepting mediocre or washed up players like Suazo or Crespo in part echange.

·
Nun c'è Problema!
3,178 Posts
Good news...
I'm thankful for what his done for Roma, but it's time to move on and upgrade his position with a better winger with more fighting spirit.

·
Registered
13,098 Posts
Roma need players with strong mentalities. Unfortunately, Mancini is a whiney, sulky little biatch - his father, his fiance, his poor treatment from fans - something was always there to impede his play. No more. Good riddance. Get out of here. It will be fun to see you and Chivu crying together and holding hands.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
There's a statement on our official site that an agreement has been reached with Inter and the deal will go through next week when Mancini comes back, but curiously enough there's no official transfer fee listed. Is the 13 mln. figure reliable?

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
Usually Roma is very up front about the fee...

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
I think it's because in this case there's not yet a official contract signed by the player with his new club, so we are waiting for this before announcing the fee.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Well I cannot wish him luck(not like it matters) since he will be playing against us but he was overall a good buy for us and aside from his goals he has made us a good profit.

Just got Winning Eleven for PS3...he will be getting the boot on my team as well.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
considering what he was when he came here (a super cheap signing of a bench player at Venezia), I don't understand why Roma fans don't appreciate what he's done here more. I understand he's not as easy to take into your hearts as Totti, who lives and bleeds Roma, but he is clearly your 2nd best offensive player for the past 2 seasons and who dissappears in the same games that Totti goes missing.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Vucinic was our 2nd best offensive player last season.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts