Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No doubt a hard game for both sides but one must expect the 'form-team' to get the points at home.

Line-Up: ?

-----------Carrol----------
G.Neville-Rio-Mickey-Heinze
cRon-Scholes-Keane-Giggs
------Rooney-Smith------

Prediction:

United [2] - [0] Villa

Roon

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
I think you'll win Villa have been crap as of late (apart from the Norwich? game)

2-0 ManU with Scholes and Smith getting the goals

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
united should win this one comfortably IMO....

3-0
rooney,scholes,KEANE

·
Registered
156 Posts
I can't remember the last time we've played 4-4-2. 4-3-3/4-5-1 is working well for us. Both defensively, and offensively. We won't be changing it any time soon.

-----------Carroll------------------

Gaz----Rio------Silvestre----Heinze

----Fletch--Keane--Scholes-------

Ronaldo-------------------Rooney

-------------Saha----------------

The only real question marks are - Rio's fitness, Smith's fitness, Ronaldo/Rooney/Giggs only 2 of the 3 can start.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I think we should win comfortably. I think Stretford has the team just about right. However I wouldnt start Saha as I feel he hasnt been playing well of late. I would probably also start Giggs in place of Ronaldo. I predict a 3-1 win for us. Scholes, Rooney and Giggs to score for us.

·
Registered
890 Posts
IMO Roon, Giggsy and Ronnie will start doubtlessly.... Smith or Saha... complicated question... but Fergie will cope wit that...

Prediction:

MUFC - Aston Villa
2 - 0
Giggsy, Roon

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Villains started offpretty well but their campaign has been sttutering recently and injuries took a toll on their paper thin squad. still the likes of Solano, Hendrie and Angel can cause trouble though our defense should be appropriately equipped to deal with them. It's been over 700+ minutes since we have last conceded a goal and Rio, Heinze and Co. should take every credit they get because they have been simply outstanding. Apart from the Carroll blunder against Spurs, the defense has ensured that our keeper is one of the most underworked in the League.

We should definitely start with 4 across midfield and push Rooney to the bench. Ronaldo and Giggs should start on the wings while Keano and Scholes take up the central midfield position while Saha and Smith start upfront. I want to see how this combination works out though in all likelihood, it's probably gonna be Saha and Rooney. whatever the front pairing, important things is that we should play the 4-4-2 because it makes us more potent up front and gives us the extra man on the box.

These are the types of games that we have to win in order to maintain our chase of Chelsea though i suddenly don't have a great feeling about the game and feel that Villa could sneak in a draw from somewhere. Hope i am proven wrong.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I heard in the news that Rio will definitely start for us, but Smith is still injured or something.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
happy to hear that rio is available
btw Is there anyone watching espn,starsports ?

·
Registered
786 Posts
-----------Carrol----------

G.Neville-Rio-Mickey-Heinze

Ronnie-Scholes-Keane-Giggs

------Rooney-Saha------

Prediction: 1-0 rooney on the score sheet

1 - 20 of 43 Posts