Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 1082 Posts

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New start, new season. 2 games played, 2 games lost. First to Luton and then to Burnley.

Next game is versus Ipswich Town @ Walkers Stadium.

This is the Leicester squad for the 2006/2007 season.

Douglas, Rab - Goal Keeper
Maybury, Alan -- Defence
Kisnorbo, Patrick -- Defence
Kenton, Darren -- Defence
McCarthy, Patrick -- Defence
Hughes, Stephen -- Midfield
Hume, Iain -- Midfield
Williams, Gareth -- Midfield
Johnson, Andy -- Midfield
Tiatto, Danny -- Midfield
Fryatt, Matt -- Forward
Henderson, Paul -- Goal Keeper
McAuley, Gareth -- Defence
Johansson, Nils-Eric -- Defence
Low, Josh -- Midfield
Stearman, Richard -- Defence
Hammond, Elvis -- Forward
O'Grady, Chris -- Forward
Wesolowski, James -- Defence
Sheehan, Alan -- Defence
Sylla, Momo -- Midfield
Logan, Conrad -- Goal Keeper
Dodds, Louis -- Midfield
Porter, Levi -- Midfield
Gradel, Max -- Midfield
Lycett, Scott -- Defence

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep we coming to the Ricoh on Friday the 18th. If we win against Ipswich on saturday, then Im pretty convinced that we'll get something home from the Ricoh :)

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For saturdays game, I dont wanna see Danny Tiatto anywhere near the starting line-up. The less I speak about him, the better. Even Mohamed Sylla would do a better job than him.

Other than that, I'm pretty convinced that the rest can play alot better than they've done so far. And another thing is, I'd like to see Chris O'Grady given a chance in the starting line up. He does win a lot of balls in the air, something that our two small fowards are not able to do. And he's good with his feets too. Last season, everytime he came on, he was a thread.

One thing that frustrated the hell out of me in the game against Burnley was the constant long balls. Bring the ball down and play football ffs

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
I thought you'd be in with a chance for the play offs before the season started, but having watched the Luton game I'm already taking that back, your defence looks awful (sounds familiar :( ) and that Stearman who I've heard good things about was awful.

You've got Fryatt too score the goals though, so you'll start winning games sooner or later.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Curren$y said:
Yep we coming to the Ricoh on Friday the 18th. If we win against Ipswich on saturday, then Im pretty convinced that we'll get something home from the Ricoh :)
For us it's the sort of game where really anything less than 3 points is not good enough. So many derbies this year, you've got to make sure you at least win your homes ones. :hopefull:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
skybluejoey said:
So many derbies this year, you've got to make sure you at least win your homes ones. :hopefull:
Very true, could be a disadvantage all the tough away derby games, 1 down 1 lost for us, we never do well at the Walkers or Coventry either.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Well, tomorrow's game, I think both you and Ipswich will pick up your first point of the season in a 1-1 draw.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jimbo jones said:
I thought you'd be in with a chance for the play offs before the season started, but having watched the Luton game I'm already taking that back, your defence looks awful (sounds familiar :( ) and that Stearman who I've heard good things about was awful.

You've got Fryatt too score the goals though, so you'll start winning games sooner or later.
I agree, our defence was shocking against Luton, and it wasnt much better against Burnley few nights ago.

Im not a big fan of Richard Stearman, and I dont think he's anything special at all. But both Patrick Kisnorbo and Patrick McCarthy are two pretty good defenders, so I think Rob Kelly can sort us out defensively. I got faith in him.

Our midfield is just absolutely terrible, especially Tiatto on the left side. :yuck: He adds nothing to the team, and should be left on the bench at al cost.

Our attack is our positive side. Matt Fryatt is an excellent player and Ian Hume is a good player too. and not to mention, Chris O'Grady who I've been impressed with everytime he has come on.

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
skybluejoey said:
For us it's the sort of game where really anything less than 3 points is not good enough. So many derbies this year, you've got to make sure you at least win your homes ones. :hopefull:
So many Derbies this season, so you've got to make the most of them. All the away Derbies are tough, so all the home ones must be won.

I still think we can challenge for a play-off spot but we have to get our acts together right now, starting tomorrow against Ipswich.

I think we'll win 1-0 :hopefull:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Curren$y said:
I think we'll win 1-0 :hopefull:
1-0 at half time, so your half way there ;)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
3-1 in the end, good win to get things started, wouldn't mind one of them myself :)

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1-0 at half time, and 3-1 at full-time.

I thought we controlled the game pretty much throughout the game. But when Ispwich got back to 2-1, I was shitting myself. I thought to myself "oh no, not one of those days..AGAIN.. "

But over-all, Im happy, we played alot better than our two first game. Our defence was alot more focused, and most importantly, we had the ball down on the floor and played football.

Now we just gotta do the same @ Ricoh on friday :)

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybury interesting Black Cats

Leicester City have confirmed that Championship rivals Sunderland have made an enquiry for defender Alan Maybury.

The Republic of Ireland international is one of several targets for Black Cats manager and chairman Niall Quinn, as the North East club try and boost their ranks before the summer transfer window closes at the end of the month.

The former Leeds United and Hearts man has been a regular for The Foxes since joining the Midlands club back in January 2005.

Despite Sunderland's enquiry, manager Rob Kelly stated that Maybury remains a Leicester player for the time being.

"I have been informed by our chief executive Tim Davies that we have received an approach for Alan from Sunderland," Kelly told Leicester's official website.

"Tim is currently speaking to Sunderland on the matter. In the meantime, Alan continues to be a Leicester City player."

The move for Maybury comes as Quinn lost fellow defender Clive Clarke for up to a month with a groin injury.

The 26-year-old only moved to The Stadium of Light from West Ham United in an exchange deal for George McCartney last week before breaking down in Saturday's 3-2 home defeat to Plymouth Argyle.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If the price is right, then he'll leave. But I genuinly hopes he stays. I like Maybury, he's hardworking and does his job very well.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Why would he want to go too Sunderland anyway, there a bloody shambles...

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I agree. The whole club is in chaos, why would anyone go there. If Maybury is smart enough (which he is), he'll decide not to leave..

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So tomorrow night its Coventry at the Ricoh Arena. Its one of those dodgy friday night games which I hate so much.

Anyway, last time we went there it ended 1-1, and there was 5.000 Leicester fans who went along, which was great. I hope the same amount of people go there tomorrow.

Rob Kelly made some changes against Ipswich and it paid off, so I think he'll stick with that line-up. He might swap Elvis Hammond for Ian Hume, but other than that its gonna pretty much same line-up as the Ipswich game.

Im still worried about our lack of concentration at times, for example the goal Ipswich scored. On another day it might had costed us dearly.

My prediction for the game is 1-1. Its a derby, tensions are running high and both teams needs points on the table. Pressure will be more on Coventry as they ae the home side.

I go for a draw

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
A point on the board then...and caught up with Derby for a short while as well :)

Oh and out of interest, who do you see as Leicester's main rivals? Is it Coventry? Or is Forest or Derby...I've asked Leicester fans before and they never seem to really know.

I suppose it's the position your in on the map, too far south too stick your nose in the real East Midlands derby, and Coventry like to stick there noses into the West Midlands...

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jimbo jones said:
Oh and out of interest, who do you see as Leicester's main rivals? Is it Coventry? Or is Forest or Derby...I've asked Leicester fans before and they never seem to really know.

I suppose it's the position your in on the map, too far south too stick your nose in the real East Midlands derby, and Coventry like to stick there noses into the West Midlands...

Every Leicester fans got a different view on this. Some will say Forest & Derby are our rivals because we are also technically located in East Midlands too, but a bit too South from you guys. I also think Derby and Forest are our rivals

It is the position we are located on the map. Its a bit messed up isnt it!! Not too close to you guys, and not too close to Birmignahm, Aston Villa etc :smileani:

And besides, do you Derby fans even see us as rivals?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Curren$y said:
And besides, do you Derby fans even see us as rivals?
Personally,no not really, cetainly no more so than Stoke, which used to be seen as a local derby but has sort of lost it's status for some reason.

But some fans do, but I think it's just because it's called an East Midlands derby so some fans think we have to hate Leicester, also the play off defeat in the early 90's left a bitter taste among Derby fans, but that's almost forgotten now.

You just have too look at the diference in attendances in the Derby - Forest, and Derby - Leicester games, we only took about 1500 too the Walkers last season, we'd never take that few too the City Ground...unless they reduce our allocation even more than they did last time :mad:

But it still is a Midlands derby, and no-one likes losing any of them, especially in this league this season.

1 - 20 of 1082 Posts