Xtratime Community banner

441 - 460 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Smilevski should get out. He's a horrible coach. Edmond Miha was 100 times better.

I know our owner is friends with Smilevski but come on. It's all BS anyway. The guy, instead of adding better players he pretty much fired all the few good remaining players in Shkendija, brought some players that nobody has even heard of with names like Karagjoregjevic, Kuracic, pickacic etc and fired most of the local players.

I'm not sure if he disliked the local players or if he wanted players that have no connections to the people of Tetova. Because you know, everything that went on in the club the fans and then the general public would find out sooner or later anyway. So by doing this, I'm not sure if he does not want people to know what's going on inside the club or if there are other things which could leave you a worse taste in your mouth going on and he made sure that the new batch of players won't talk. You can draw your own conclusions as to what could be the reason probably better than me.

It's a shame to lose to M.Gj.P. by 4-1.

I don't care if he's been assured a spot in the first league or what, but this team sucks and from what I hear, it's hard even to watch them play.

I still hope that one day we will have a Shkendija that will be a force to be reckoned with and in the whole league a very clean football without all this mafia wrangling and BS going on today.

·
Registered
972 Posts
The problem is not only by Shkendija the whole league is a mafia pool.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
brought some players that nobody has even heard of with names like Karagjoregjevic, Kuracic, pickacic etc and fired most of the local players.

Thats the best line and it tells me the kind of a person you are. But I knew that!!!

·
The 12th Player
1,154 Posts
Finish 3rd in the macedonian league last season, theyre the same level as your club (that irish club) and iguess it will be a tight game

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
They are an Albanian team from Macedonia which won our championship last season, this season they finished third and in the last few weeks have lost a few important players. I think they should be favourites to win but definitely are beatable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is the Macedonian a full-time league?

I remember Glentoran beat Renova this time last year so the league mustn't be that much greater than ours.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Today they lost 5-0 to Flamurtari Vlore in a friendly.

I see Macedonia called up Flamur Tahiri in the senior team. I don't know why you don't call up Nijas Lena.. He's 10x better than Tahiri.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Is the Macedonian a full-time league?

I remember Glentoran beat Renova this time last year so the league mustn't be that much greater than ours.
Yeah it is full-time. As you said Glentoran beat Renova last year, Renova clearly underestimated them for being part of a part-time league. Is Glentoran stronger than Portadown? Skendija have a much weaker squad than previous years so I won't be surprised if they lose also.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Today they lost 5-0 to Flamurtari Vlore in a friendly.

I see Macedonia called up Flamur Tahiri in the senior team. I don't know why you don't call up Nijas Lena.. He's 10x better than Tahiri.
I dunno maybe Tahiri pays the Macedonian coaches more than what Lena is willing to pay them for a spot! Lena is 26 and playing in the Albanian league, atleast Tahiri is young at this stage. There were rumours about Tahiri moving to Switzerland by his club president in Albania, any truth?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah it is full-time. As you said Glentoran beat Renova last year, Renova clearly underestimated them for being part of a part-time league. Is Glentoran stronger than Portadown? Skendija have a much weaker squad than previous years so I won't be surprised if they lose also.
The Glentoran side that beat Renova finished 6th last season, they were awful. They beat Renova with a number of new young players so was pretty surprising tbh.

Portadown had a good year last year, finished 2nd in the league and have recruited some good new players.

How would you compare this year's Skendija to last year's Renova? Have heard the Macedonian league has been in trouble recently.

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Yeah, maybe Knoert is right although last time i brought up the topic there (when they were playing Partizan this time last year) i ended up knowing more about Shkendija than they did :err:

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
How would you compare this year's Skendija to last year's Renova? Have heard the Macedonian league has been in trouble recently.
About the same, maybe even Skendija is weaker with the recent departures. 3 of Skendija's players have moved to the second placed club (Metalurg) while the keeper has gone to Cyprus. The top two placed teams (Vardar and Metalurg) have got decent teams to make a run in Europe this year. Renova were a very old and slow team last year, the young players of Glentoran probably used that to their advantage.

It should be on Macedonian tv, but you just never know with our tv stations so nothing is for certain.

PS: Considering this is an Albanian team, I'm sure you'll have alot of support from the Macedonians hoping for your team to beat Skendija. :) Not me however, any coefficent points we can get the better.

·
Registered
22 Posts
About the same, maybe even Skendija is weaker with the recent departures. 3 of Skendija's players have moved to the second placed club (Metalurg) while the keeper has gone to Cyprus. The top two placed teams (Vardar and Metalurg) have got decent teams to make a run in Europe this year. Renova were a very old and slow team last year, the young players of Glentoran probably used that to their advantage.

It should be on Macedonian tv, but you just never know with our tv stations so nothing is for certain.

PS: Considering this is an Albanian team, I'm sure you'll have alot of support from the Macedonians hoping for your team to beat Skendija. :) Not me however, any coefficent points we can get the better.
Thanks mate, good insight. Good to hear they've lost key players.

I think the very hot weather could play a major part in the game, our players not used to it.

Hopefully find a stream for the game online.

·
Registered
8,906 Posts
Yeah, maybe Knoert is right although last time i brought up the topic there (when they were playing Partizan this time last year) i ended up knowing more about Shkendija than they did :err:
It's hard for Albanians(outside Macedonia) to know about Shkendija considering Macedonian league is not on Alb channels or even mentioned in newspapers/media for that matter.

441 - 460 of 487 Posts