Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
i heard somewhere on xtratime that Kalou is considering taking up a dutch passport, and playing for the dutch NT, anybody has an idea?
i think he has great potential especially after his two goals against schalke
thanx

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
It's gone a bit quiet on the passport front but he definitely would have the potential to get into the team. My feeling says he will hoever choose for his fatherland in the end and they aren't too bad either. B. Kalou, S Kalou and Drogba up front :eek: far better than most European countries strike forces imo and with Toure at the back, they'll be a team to watch if they qualify for the world cup

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wally said:
It's gone a bit quiet on the passport front but he definitely would have the potential to get into the team. My feeling says he will hoever choose for his fatherland in the end and they aren't too bad either. B. Kalou, S Kalou and Drogba up front :eek: far better than most European countries strike forces imo and with Toure at the back, they'll be a team to watch if they qualify for the world cup
well thats a shame
but if i can make a character judgement from here :rollani: id say he would make the switch, since he does appear to be a rather ambitious footballer (fingers crossed)
thanx anyway

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
footballnl.com
Kalou refuses to play for Ivory Coast 29 Mar 2005

Feyenoord striker Salomon Kalou has once again refused to play for his native Ivory Coast who are capatined by his brother and former Feyenoord ace, Bonaventure.
After several attempts to persuade Kalou to play for the African minnows, they have now conceded defeat in their efforts to secure Kalou's services as Ivorian Football Federation president Jacques Anouma explained:
"We are now turning the page. The deadline has passed for his decision and he will no longer be part of our plans."
Kalou, who has been in blinding form all season is expected to secure Dutch citizenship some time in the future, which will make him eligible for Marco van Basten's 'Oranje'.

so he has refused to play for an improving Ivory Coast side, which has virtually qualified to the WC
he desperately wants to be 'Oranje" :cool:

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
surprising that he'd choose to play in a u20 tournament for Holland ahead of going to world cup with Ivory Coast cos he's not yet guaranteed a spot in the full Dutch NT squad yet imo. but as a Feyenoorder and despite having my reservations, I wish him the best. :cool:

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
24/4/2005 - Telegraaf: Verdonk dreigt naturalisatie Kalou tegen te houden

Volgens De Telegraaf dreigt minister Rita Verdonk af te zien van een versnelde procedure om de uit Ivoorkust afkomstige Salomon Kalou Nederlander te laten worden. Volgens de krant gaan er steeds sterker worden geluiden dat minister Verdonk niet wil afwijken van de bestaande regels die luiden dat het vijf jaar duurt alvorens je in aanmerking kan komen voor een Nederlands paspoort.

Marco van Basten maakt zich daar in de krant zorgen over en verwijst naar Maxima, waar van de regels van naturalisatie wel afgeweken kon worden.

"Kalou is als voetballer namelijk een kroonjuweel, die het Nederlands elftal volgend jaar in Duitsland aanzienlijk sterker kan maken. Dat is goed voor de sport en goed voor het hele land, dat in heel veel opzichten meeprofiteert van een succesvol Nederlands elftal." aldus Van Basten in De Telegraaf.

Overigens liet Feyenoord eerder al weten dat naturalisatie helemaal niet in het belang is van de club, aangezien Kalou dan makkelijker elders in Europa aan de slag kan.

Onze grote vriendin speaks out :howler:

Still looking from a Feyenoord perspective, it'd indeed be better if he just stays Ivory Coastian (that the right adjective? :nerd: ) as without his Dutch passport he'd never get a British work permit to go for Chelsea for example and even if he were to decide to play for the Ivory Coast, it'd still take a year or two before he'd get enough caps for the permit

·
Registered
59,099 Posts
sure am :D

don't forget to check Jerns and Khmiks avatars in the next couple of days btw :shades:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I think it is great that the Witch Verdonk is trying to halt this, since everybody is so happy with Verdonk, let's see how happy they are with this decision. Het volk demanded stricter rules eh? What goes around comes around. :howler:

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Prince-O said:
I think it is great that the Witch Verdonk is trying to halt this, since everybody is so happy with Verdonk, let's see how happy they are with this decision. Het volk demanded stricter rules eh? What goes around comes around. :howler:
hehe exactly my thoughts Prince. :D

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Wally said:
sure am :D

don't forget to check Jerns and Khmiks avatars in the next couple of days btw :shades:
So far it looks like we can better check your avatar again Wally. Serves you for taking off your Sol-avatar so soon again. ;)

The Witch is probably afraid that if she approves this that she will have to let in those 26000 too.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Prince-O said:
I have yet to meet one.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
monte said:
I have yet to meet one.
You're joking right? :eek: Look around Dutch internetforums to see how she's being hailed. Not strange that she's popular, since everybody who takes a fierce stance against immigrants/allochtonen is being hailed by the right-wing-brigade and the average Joe.

·
Registered
7,919 Posts
Im not joking why do you think she's being portrayed like a vampire at Kopspijkers. Well, Im happy I havent met anyone who likes her. She looks evil. I dont look around Dutch forums, they svck :D

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
monte said:
Im not joking why do you think she's being portrayed like a vampire at Kopspijkers.
Because Spijkerman and Vara and PVDA all form one big happy family? ;)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Hehe, well I guess principles are very easy to put overboard for some people.. :mute:

·
Registered
59,099 Posts

anyone interested? monte? or how about you chivu? :flirt: :D

1 - 20 of 267 Posts