Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jean Carlos Chera has beomce quite popular in the recent weeks. For those of you who don't know, he is the talented 9 year old Brazilian. He currently plays for the youth teams of Associacao Desportiva Atletica, a small club in the southern Brazilian state of Parana. Teams from Portugal, France and Germany have made contact, and local media identified FC Porto as one of the teams.

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
this is a new trend in football media I guess: keeping a close eye on kids, that is making ppl aware of him around the world.

Who knows, instead of teenage player Pro-files in a World Soccer magazine, by 2008 it will be very 'normal' seeing a kid pro-file as a column in any football mag, for that matter. The idea of it is for to be better informed and to anticipate the next star.

We gotta get used to it, I guess.

On topic now,

He's an awesome kid, and IMO if he continues like this, I definitely see him as a star.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Something's really bothering me about the whole Chera hype, IMO it's grown out of proportions.
Some daddy with a home camera filmed his boy play footie with the other kids and now he is the next Pele and everybody talks about him and create countless threads on different forums?

First they make a fuss about Freddy Edu, who with every passing month seems more remote from becoming Pele as prognosed by the American media. And now this, a 9 year old boy.

Don't get me wrong, he is awesome and I enjoyed watching his video. But you need to move on.
Ronaldo and Rivaldo could be 10 times better at that age but their parents didn't have a camera, or maybe even much less stellar players.

You don't judge a player by how he plays at 9 or even 14.
Sure there is strong correlation, but you can't keep wanking (forgive me for the expression) over a 9 year old talented boy all day, we don't know how he will develop and all the fuss might even harm his development.
There are probably thousands of other kids like that, you really don't need to take more than one or two glances and throw more than one or two compliments at each of them, at this stage of their "career".

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
Not only that, but the kid is 9. He's a child. He just memorized his times tables by now!! lol

Seriously though, at that age football should be played for FUN, rather than be a burden. With the 'fun' mentality he will grow up to love and appreciate the game and is less likely to have regrets. He is undoubtedly gifted, and as seen in the video, is clearly having fun playing with his mates at the park.

Right now football may seem fun for him, but if he doesn't realize his potential at say, 23 years of age, he will suffer the hard truth and find out that this whole football thing was just a burden on him since his infancy. :(

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
O Glorioso said:
Your point is?
It IS sick.
Please lets not turn 9-year old kids into superstars.
Sometimes it's hard enough for those kids to live up their own expectations or the ones of their parents let alone the world. :undecide:

Even 30-year old player sometimes suffer from the pressure it is not healthy to expose a kid to this kind of attention.
Let them just be kids and play for fun. If he really is that good, he'll turn out fine.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you guys a really ticked off by me making it a sticky, then sheezh... I'll unstick it it :D

·
Registered
786 Posts
as if he is 9 years old !!!!!!!!!! fake passport!!!!!!!! on the clip it shows him killing it in 2001 that means he would have been at least 6years old!!!!!! no waY!!!!!!!!!!! thats him in 2001 lol he might have been 9 then LOL:)

·
MVP
8,990 Posts
SERGE said:
as if he is 9 years old !!!!!!!!!! fake passport!!!!!!!! on the clip it shows him killing it in 2001 that means he would have been at least 6years old!!!!!! no waY!!!!!!!!!!! thats him in 2001 lol he might have been 9 then LOL:)
Dude, good point, I didn't notice that :googly:

·
Banned
31 Posts
Man All I Gotta Say Is This Guy Is Good But At The End Of The Day Hes Only 9 And I Know Plenty Of Ppl Who R 19 11 12 Who R Better Then Him, The Only Reason Hes Famous Cuz He Posted Hes Videos But Gotta Say Hes Great For His Age.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GENTI said:
Man All I Gotta Say Is This Guy Is Good But At The End Of The Day Hes Only 9 And I Know Plenty Of Ppl Who R 19 11 12 Who R Better Then Him, The Only Reason Hes Famous Cuz He Posted Hes Videos But Gotta Say Hes Great For His Age.
Well ofcourse there are 11, 12, and 19 year olds better than him. But just imagine if his progress continues what he will be at the age of 19 :sweeteye:

·
Banned
24 Posts
actually i meant 9 but i wrote 19,

i got a friend his bro only 11 and he can skin people better then this guy but hes not known, hes a lazy bastard.

but this 9 year old is great

·
Banned
31 Posts
i meant to write 9 but wrote 19,

i got a pal n his bro only 11 hes bllody amazin fast feet really skillful but hes a lazy bastard.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts