Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! :)

Now that we have three points in the bag against Ecuador, it's time to focus on the next match against Croatia. Wonder if Trap will keep the 4-4-2 system and continue the Vieri-Totti partnership? Frankly I like the idea of a solid flat back 4.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I wonder if Trap's preference for a back 4 stems from Maldini's lack of speed. Correct me if I'm wrong but with a 3 man back line wouldn't Maldini be responsible for more terretory?

I love Paolo and respect his contributions over the years, but it is perfectly reasonable for him to have lost a step especially coming off of the injury. I wonder if the back 4 approach is a compensation for this. I know Trap will never come out and say that, but what do you guys think?

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Well, i do the idea of the 4-4-2 formation, but i dont like the idea of playing both di biagio and tomassi. I think our defence is more than capable with only having Tomassi defending in that midfield.
Plus, i believe that Totti would be even better playing that attacking role in the midfield.

I would personally love to see this team. Croatia are not that great, so i think we should really stamp our authority in this game and get all our players like Vieri, Totti, Doni, Del Piero playing hot football and scoring.

-------------------buffon-----------------

panucci-----nesta----------cannavaro------maldini

------------------------tomassi--------------

zambrotta------------------------------------doni

--------------------------totti------------------

----------vieri-------------------------del piero---------

IMO our most dangerous team that would work well together.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Also i must add............i was really sad......when the fans didnt applaud totti when he came off the field..........instead they were cheering on for MR.DeL piero:mad: .................

·
Registered
76 Posts
Jun lei that aint fair....................:mad: ............i bet if Inzaghi sucked and if others critised him u wouldnt edit their posts.......................u edited that just coz ur a del piero fan!!!:mad: .............gosh this sucks.................!!!!!!!I HATE U!

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is fair. Let me tell you that if you had insulted Totti, whom I detest, I would still have edited the post. If you had criticised Del Piero's performance in a more logical manner, your post would not have been edited. I do not mind constructive criticism of the players, but I have said many times that criticism must be offered in a sensible and logical manner.

·
Registered
76 Posts
a simple advice 2 those of ya'll who dont support del piero...................keep ur opinions out of this forum.........i dont think these ppl like it................!:mad: ........they cant stand the truth....and they also cant stand it when u praise del piero's rivals..............ciao!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have made my stand clear. :rolleyes: If you want to take it that way, I can't help you.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
I Guess its a matter of picking the right words....
;)

The positiveness about 4-4-2 is Zambro can express himself in the attack down the wing and right on the line....which is really good. Since Panucci is behind him, Zam can push on without fearing the loss of posession. On 3-4-1-2, Zam got to track back and forth and less Risk taken, since he is responsible if the oppossing side plays 4-4-2. Doni, yesterday took a lot of care on De La Cruz. I think both ways are good, and Trap is changing from time to time. As for me, I love to see 4-2-3-1 where Vieri operates alone and one of them run into the box for a kill.

----Totti---Doni----ADP----

------------Vieri--------------

------------[___]------------

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Italia,

thanks for getting the thread back to the topic. I would agree with your point about Zambrotta, he had a pretty strong influence down the right yesterday, with Panucci backing him up where necessary. I would not mind seeing a 4-3-1-2 formation sometime, with Totti playing in the hole behind the two strikers (Vieri & Alex, if possible).

Trap however has indicated that he may change the formation to suit the opponent:

Trapattoni ready to change tactics for Croatia clash

SAPPORO, June 4 - by Nadia Carminati (DS) After yesterday's win over Ecuador, Italy look towards their next match against Croatia, which will be played on Saturday in Ibaraki. Coach Giovanni Trapattoni confirmed that he could well change something in the line-up: probably in the formation, with the return to a 3-4-1-2 system and the probability that Filipo Inzaghi will be fielded from the beginning. Inzaghi did not play against with Ecuador, as he was still suffering from an injury. Trapattoni said, "I'll probably change something: at first it will be necessary to see how many players will have recovered entirely after the first match". He added "but also it's necessary to consider the characteristics of our next opponents, Croatia and Mexico. They both play in a way that allows us to use the 3-4-1-2 or the 3-5-2. I have time to think".

Source: Dailysoccer.com

·
Registered
76 Posts
I dont care who they field for the next.............even delvecchio will do.............but del piero should go home!!! imo!..............................forza italia vs croatia.......ps-how did an asian bcome the moderator of an italian forum?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
HI everybody.
HUMBLE REQUEST - Plz stop insulting any player choosen in the NT.:) . These players have been choosen by Trap. they didn't come here themselves. The Coach believes in him and we should do so. :proud: Just Back Italian NT and not a particular player. We can criticize them after the WC is over. Though I doubt we would be doing that, after we win the WC.;) :cool:

Trap had been criticized lately for his change in tactics. But wasn't he right? Its looking good and delivers the goods. He is an intelligent coach and knows what he is doing.:)

one person said, he might go for a 4-3-1-2 formation in the forthcoming matches. I don't think so its possible. That would give a big edge to the opposition to control the game in the mid-field, which in turn would be dangerous.:eek: As per me the both 3-4-1-2 and the 4-4-2 are fine. Just don't try any adventurism onwards.

Ciao

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Machine head, if you have a problem with my status as mod of this forum, you can bring this to any of the Admin team.

Hey Milano77 :)

I have no problems with the current 4-4-2 system, it worked pretty well on Monday, & the Totti-Vieri partnership looked decent. As for the 4-3-1-2, well, I was just expressing a hope. :)

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Hi Jun-Lei.:) The work u r doing is a nice job. Nobody is allowed to do "Name calling". Machine_head_17 Plz don't take this as a personal insult. :)

I have been going through the soccer sites, and according to soccerway.com, Trap is thinking of changing tactics to 4-3-1-2.:eek: :depress: . So Jun-Lei you are not completly wrong in thinking so. But I really don't admire this tactical formation. Hope this doesn't back fire on us eventually.

I guess I am kind of an conservative guy, and don't like taking risks. If Trap decides to go with the above mentioned formation, I will still support the team and hope for an optimistic result. :hopefull:

Ciao

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Anyway, 4-3-1-2 is about Panucci playing...when he moves up it will be back to the usual 3-4-1-2 plan....on the other side is of course Maldini. Since it is working well, I think Trap may want Panucci in (since he has proven), while Doni will be in reserve for Totti. In this way Zam plays offensive. I think 4-3-1-2 works when one at the back runs forward to create more alternatives.

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,199 Posts
milano77 said:
Plz stop insulting any player choosen in the NT
milano77 is right! It does no good to post stuff saying DP is a fat bastard that shouldn't be on the field.
And as Jun-Lei rightly said if you are critcal and think that DP is an spoiled, overpaid, has-been that should never have been selected in the NT, than don't just say so but provide argumentation!!

With that let's get back to the topic :)

The match against Croatia was the one that had me worried the most before the WC started, after all they were 3rd in the 98 World Cup! But seeing their 30+ squad struggle against a mediocre Mexico has me feeling confident that our toughest match is already behind us. Both Croatia and Mexico shouldn't give us any problems.

Formation wise, I think that untill Inzaghi recovers Trap will stick with the same formation he used yesterday. Should Inzaghi be ready to play again, my guess is we'll see 3-4-1-2 with totti behind Vieri and Inzaghi.

·
Registered
13,182 Posts
Let's stick together here, people. For the sake of the Azzuri. :cool:
Anyway, there's really no debate. Read between Trapp's latest words and you see he's thinking of either Panucci or Coco. The Inzaghi and Vieri pairing seems to be back with Totti behind them. Trapp seems to be returning to the original plan. Look that plan up and you'll see who will start.
TOTTI'S ASSIST :happy: :cry: :excited:

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
We must beat Croatia by any price.
I would like Trap to line Del Piero or MOntella. Doni should be replaced.
No way he should start Inzaghi as Montella is much more useful.
I really don't know if we need some radical changes, cause in the match again Ecuador team looked pretty well...

Forza Azzurri!!!

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.