·
Registered
5,750 Posts
The bad outweighs the good

Wasted us prescious time to find suitable and willing striker

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
He may discover his form elsewhere, but at the end of the day, he wouldn't have discovered his form here that's for sure.

I'm happy, we should have sold him a while ago

·
Registered
59,719 Posts
His top 5 moments/contributions in an Inter shirt, imo (no particular order)

- Last gasp header to win Inter a derby in 05-06, he also scored from a penalty that evening and his free kick led to Oba scoring off the rebound. 3-2 it finished.

- A hattrick against Porto in the CL last 16 in 04-05.

- A brace against Roma at the Olimpico in the Coppa Italia final 1st leg of 04-05, which gave Inter its first piece of silverware since the UEFA Cup in May 98.

- A brace against Empoli on the last matchday of 2003-04 which helped Inter finish 4th and qualify to the CL in what was a bad season.

- The solo effort goal vs. Udinese, 04-05.

·
Banned
3,899 Posts
Should have happened sooner, but the club lacks balls.

Its abit annoying that seemingly its been Adriano himself who wanted out, rather than the club finaly showing some character. I wonder how long we would have stuck with him if he had pulled a recoba and just been content getting his paycheck and given a crap.

Oh well, atleast he is gone now.

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Definately better pff without but still dissapointing to see.

As long as he doesnt find his love for football again in the next 3 months and especially not in a European club, all the best to him.

@N4L - His Valencia performace was amazing as well and I have a soft spot for his goal vs Atalanta wher he bulldozed his way past a player and rifled one, keeper's mistake helped, in the bottom right corner of the goal.

But his best was as his winner past Milan, outjumping Vieri very late in the game :proud:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Just read this on channel4

“Adriano is free to play where he wants but he couldn't return to Italy or Europe, perhaps he will play again in Brazil.

“I'm not certain what he will do. He had some particular problems and we are working to resolve them.”

So is there a clause? I have a feeling that this is something just lost in translation as barring him from playing in Europe seems pretty tight and something that I would guess the agent would never allow.

·
Registered
32,681 Posts
Should have happened sooner, but the club lacks balls.

Its abit annoying that seemingly its been Adriano himself who wanted out, rather than the club finaly showing some character. I wonder how long we would have stuck with him if he had pulled a recoba and just been content getting his paycheck and given a crap.

Oh well, atleast he is gone now.
I agree, though it would've been nearly impossible to actually kick him out on the clubs part without having to buy him out of the contract.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Not unexpected. I'm glad that won't be conveniently showing up at the last game or something to celebrate the scudetto. Good riddance.

·
First Place winner, January 2009 Photo Contest
4,108 Posts
Should have sold or traded him off last summer.

·
Registered
59,719 Posts
@N4L - His Valencia performace was amazing as well and I have a soft spot for his goal vs Atalanta wher he bulldozed his way past a player and rifled one, keeper's mistake helped, in the bottom right corner of the goal.
..Can't believe this one slipped my mind. Valencia 1-5 Inter was probably his best match in an Inter jersey. He got a standing ovation from the Valencia fans that night when Mancio subbed him off. :thumbsup:

Ranieri, then Valencia coach, said that the only way to shut Adriano down was to turn off the floodlights. :D

Good times..

1 - 20 of 75 Posts