Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there more Halifax fans here?

I thought i could create a own thread about our club. :) Today we signed a new goalkeeper, Chris Wilder. And John Grant will hopefully help us scoring more goals. He has been signed from Shrewsbury.

Tomorrow we face Tamworth in a crucial game. A victory is absolutly what we need. Barnet seems to have secured the 1st place, but we are going to fight to the end about the 2nd place.

If there are other Halifax fans here, it would have been cool to discuss more with you about everything happening at the club. :)

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Do Halifax play Burton again this season, or have they already played? I haven't been following Burton as closely as I should :embarass: with Derby doing so well and Burton not having a great season in the league.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, we drew 2-2 at Burton, and we won 2-0 at home! ;)

Great to see Derby doing so well this season, which players have been the best this season?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
FrankAFC said:
No, we drew 2-2 at Burton, and we won 2-0 at home! ;)

Great to see Derby doing so well this season, which players have been the best this season?
Oh well, we had a point of them at least.

Tommy Smith, Inigo Idiakez, Morten Bisgaard, Gzregorz Rasiak, Marcus Tudgay, Lee Camp have all been the most cosistent players, plenty of good steady performances from many others as well. Hopefully we can keep it up too the end of the season....and promotion :D

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Halifax - Tamworth 3-3

Sad that we diden't manage to get three points in this match. At home we need to win our games if we shall have any chance of an promotion place. Next team out is Carlisle on monday, away. Difficult game, but hopefully we can manage to win there ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Allright, i give this thread another try. :)

Are you still in here Jimbo Jones? Because tomorrow Halifax play Burton again, and Town will win ;) hehe..

Anyone else supporting a team in non league?

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
i sometimes go and see Havant and Waterlooville or Moneyfields Sports. Regular Prem football is a bit too pricy for a jobless student :D

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
FrankAFC said:
Allright, i give this thread another try. :)

Are you still in here Jimbo Jones? Because tomorrow Halifax play Burton again, and Town will win ;) hehe..

Anyone else supporting a team in non league?
You've got no chance, 3-0 to the mighty brewers :D

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
We'll see, to be honest I don't really know what state Burton are in this season, last season was a disapointment, I don't know if the squad has been improved much. We got a draw of Grayes on opening day, it's time for 3 points I reckon :)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You need to wait for three points, because we will take them tonight ;)
Will be interesting to see, what place did Burton finish on last season?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
I'm not sure, it was just about comfortably above the relegation zone, it looked worrying for a bit, but a good run at the end of the season saw us to safety with a game or 2 to spare, not sure what position we ended up at though :embarass:

Once we were safe, all my concentration was on Derby in the play offs.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Halifax 1-0 Burton

Bugger :(

Oh well we will have our revenge when we get you down to the Pirelli.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was a close game, and i'm satisfied with the three points we get, but i'm sure it will be much more difficult when we play you at the Pirelli ;)

We're gonna meet Aldershot on saturday, hoping for another win, but i guess it will be another difficult match.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Cant believe ive just dug this one out.Totally by lcuk coming across it.

Disgraceful draw yesterday at home to Altrincham after been 2-0 up, it finished 2-2.

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
After surviving on last game of season.

Taxman has made halifax go under.

Which means Altrincham have survived the drop despite finishing in the bottom places for the 3rd successive season!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts