Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Olympic will meet the Glory at Subiaco next week in front of 43,500 screamind fans after beating Newcastle 1-0 yesterday at EnergyAustralia stadium after that lucky Milcic goal in the 10th minute.

All match news and views will go in this thread :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Newcastle is a better team than Olympic and it is a pitty to see they aren't in the final:(

I think that Perth will win 3-1, and look at thre size of the crowd:eek:

It is really good for Australian soccer to get a crowd that big, I hope one day soccer can over take Rugby League in this country.:fero:

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
but not AFL :tongue:

league is the worst ball sport in australia period, union is real rugby, I can sit down and actually enjoy it! but league is so fu(kin boring, just running straight at each other, minimal ball movement, just brute strength and little else, at least union is faster has some finesse, and longer passages of play as well as much better crowd atmosphere.....all u sydneysiders, ...............fancy having to grow up on league :tongue:

btw Olympic is a better side than Newcastle and they have now grown some balls to match their skill, unfortunately injuries will probably stop them from sticking it to Perth, otherwise I have every confidence they would have done exactly as I predicted at the start of the season, win the league.

·
International
9,526 Posts
Perth look a good bet for the win to me. Mind you, I thought the Kingz were going to do well this season, so don't pay any attention to my predictions;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, im a kiwi as well but I live in Australia now. I thought the KINGZ would do well as well. How wrong we were hahahaha.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
GUESS WHAT.....................PERRRRRTTTTTTHHHHHHHH HAVE LOST.......

Theres no excuses for Perth......Olympic best team in the NSL......Perth settle for 2nd this season again....

VIVA OOOOLYYMMMPICCCC:D

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
It proves that even if you buy all the players you want its whoever the better team on the day.....

I feel the Glory fans pain...as i felt the pain last week with Inter.....Perth will be back next season;).

As for George's call of Rugby League....BAAAAA for you....

You havent watched Rugby League properly brutha...

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Gee this game was like a carbon copy of the major semi-final :eekani: :sigh: in that Olympic completely outplayed the home team in both cases. The only differences were that the goal today was actually a nice one and that Newcastle actually created some decent chances last week that the should have finished, unlike Perth who could have played for 90 days and probably wouldn't have scored.

The best "footballing team won on the day. What else result and the general play says is that we have some pretty tactically inept coaches in the NSL (its about time the players were not always blamed). Phillips had his tactics spot on for every game in the finals while Perth and Newcastle seemed short of ideas and had no idea IMO of how to play a direct counterattacking style of football :groan: :frustrat: :sigh: :)

So congrats to the Sharks (notice i avoided using the term olympic :tongue: ;) ) and i hope the whole Sutherland shire gets out to the Cronulla leagues club tomorrow night to congratulate the team, not just the 300 odd diehards who travel to away games :hopefull: :)

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Forza Olympic. Congrats to the team, a great effort and a well deserved win! Perth, better luck next year, and the year after and after and so on... :D Even away from home the Sharks outplayed Perth and showed that they are the best in the NSL! Even if they did come 3rd in the Minor. Perth had some good chances but didn't really capitalise on them and so paid for it...

·
Star Player
4,703 Posts
there are 5 players in olympics side that are young and the future of australias NT, Owens, North, Srojh, Wilson and a few others whose names I cant recall, these guys were the nucleus of the under20 team that lost to brasil in the WC quarters last year, really talented and exciting players.

As for Perth, what can you say, best team all season, but everyone new that if the sharks got their act together theyd give them a run fore their money. I take my hat off to them, great result for the sharks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts