Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grégory Coupet from Olympique Lyon will be the repalcement for Abbiatti. He will be signing a 3 year contract and expected to be presented next week.

He will be a short term solution and should come as a free or with a very small transfer fee as the goalie has already agreed terms with Lyon to experience another league after his 11 year stint with the club.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
well IMO its a very good signing.one of the very best keepers and his fee is rumoured to be only 1ME.i dont think he would be the back up keeper in the long term as he is simply much better than leo
even if he is a back up,he is massive upgrade over abbiati

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
he is the french one?? i remember him being good, but my dead grandmother is better then abbiati

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
I saw that, excellent signing :thmbup:

·
Super Moderator
13,722 Posts
It definitely is a good move on paper. I really don't like Coupet's style and think he is overrated, but everyone I tell that thinks otherwise, so I must be wrong. Hev definitely has the experience and the curriculum to give Franco fight for the spot, and he was cheap. And if Franco leaves he definitely should be able to be your number one. Even if he is not my kind of GK. There must be a reason why he was picked over Frey (other than horoscope).

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Let's hope he keeps up his brilliant form:thumbsup:

:D

Good signing, how much will he earn?

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Grégs presentation is tomorrow.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Is Robben going to be there:pp?

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
I don't think he's got the time to visit his buddy, he's got a recovery-session booked at 17:30 :D

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
:dielaugh:

Forgot about that:pp

·
Registered
44,361 Posts

Coupets first training with Atléti.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
The signing of Gregory Coupet for Atlético de Madrid, who was presented last Tuesday afternoon, 8 July, has been big news in the French media, who have dedicated a solid portion of their pages and spaces to the presentation of the new Atlético goalkeeper.

It needs no mentioning that the arrival of the starting keeper for the French national team, after winning the past seven French Leagues in-a-row with Olympique de Lyon, has surprised the press of Spain’s neighboring country. In fact, several journalists and photographers attend the presentation and highlighted the warm reception that the Atlético fans gave to one of their star signings of the summer.

For example, the prestigious Parisian daily “Le’Equipe”, headlined the cover of their Wednesday edition “Coupet always thinks blue”, playing with the fact that the French national team wears blue and the netminder was wearing the goalkeeper’s jersey of Atlético, which is the same colour.

For their part, the news agency “France Presse” highlighted that “Coupet will compete with Leo Franco for the Atlético de Madrid goalkeeper’s job”. Another of the large French newspapers, the daily “Le Monde” dedicated a large space to the new ‘rojiblanco’ goalie in which it emphasized that “Olympique de Lyon has closed the transfer of Coupet to Atlético de Madrid”.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts