Xtratime Community banner

101 - 120 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
I saw Marina & the Diamonds last Saturday. She's intelligent, beautiful and crazy. Really liked the show.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
at the end of novermber I went to Faithless at Sportpaleis.

It was ok, but their setlist sucked. they played insomnia, god is a dj and mass destruction in the first 10 songs :s

after the last of those 3 hits, half the crowd went away

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Get to see Godspeed You! Black Emperor tonight. At the Barrowlands. Heard good things about the show in Manchester last night.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Get to see Godspeed You! Black Emperor tonight. At the Barrowlands. Heard good things about the show in Manchester last night.
Well that was kinda boring to be honest :(

·
Registered
10,816 Posts
Two and a half months late but I saw The Eagles for the second time back in December.

Absolute class. They are flawless. I really can't get across how great they are live.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I'm just back from an evening of carnage set around a Swedish black metal extravaganza, Watain & Shining playing. Watain were covered in pigs blood & reeked to high heaven. Shining are the best live group I have seen in 13 months. Stunning, just absolutely beautiful.

·
Registered
43,261 Posts
I'm just back from an evening of carnage set around a Swedish black metal extravaganza, Watain & Shining playing. Watain were covered in pigs blood & reeked to high heaven. Shining are the best live group I have seen in 13 months. Stunning, just absolutely beautiful.
That pigs blood thing is way overdone. Deicide album promo. :palm:

You reckon I'd like Shining though?

Just checked Amazon here's a review of their Black Jazz album (which has a cover of 21st Century Schizoid Man??):

11 of 13 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars What on earth...?, March 22, 2010
By
Austin Tacious "African Ape" (Little Buggerington) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blackjazz (Audio CD)

Have you ever wondered, like me, what it would be like to be strapped tight into a cold steel chair while a naked 17-year old virgin beauty spits goat's blood into your face and then rubs it off with wire-wool?

Well, listening to this album must come pretty close. Sexy, exhilarating, painful and grotesque.

Sort of what you'd get if you collided metal, techno, jazz and noise beneath several hundred acres of farmland in Geneva at just below the speed of light for the hell of it. Cool. It ain't gonna cure any diseases either.

Sounds interesting. :D

·
Second Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
10,622 Posts
Now I want to hear it as well. Though I have a feeling I'll be disappointed since there's no one more easily excitable than black metal geeks.

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Errrrm sorry guys but that's the Norwegian Shining (whose Blackjazz record is quite good). I saw the Swedish Shining

[tub]Ka3YQdNhRbk[/tub]

And Firdy, you should have smelt it. There were also pigs heads. And the killer was I was speaking the promoter, they were originally going to buy all that stuff at a butchers yesterday afternoon. And well, got a call in the afternoon to say "yeah, it's OK, we've got all this old stuff left over from last nights show. So it wasn't even fresh & had been kept in a hot tour bus all day :cam:

5 of the staff at the venue walked out in disgust at the smell, one puked, they needed to beg 2 of them to come back or they couldn't open the bar & probably wouldn't have been able to open the venue :D

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Errrrm sorry guys but that's the Norwegian Shining (whose Blackjazz record is quite good). I saw the Swedish Shining

[tub]Ka3YQdNhRbk[/tub]

And Firdy, you should have smelt it. There were also pigs heads. And the killer was I was speaking the promoter, they were originally going to buy all that stuff at a butchers yesterday afternoon. And well, got a call in the afternoon to say "yeah, it's OK, we've got all this old stuff left over from last nights show. So it wasn't even fresh & had been kept in a hot tour bus all day :cam:

5 of the staff at the venue walked out in disgust at the smell, one puked, they needed to beg 2 of them to come back or they couldn't open the bar & probably wouldn't have been able to open the venue :D
so basically the black metal Spinal Tap then

except instead of having amps that go up to 11, they set fire to churches and avoid air travel because it brings them to close to God...

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
Even more po-faced than Spinal Tap

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
6gjUd_jbhmA

Going to see these chaps tonight. Keelhaul are supporting as well.

Should be rather good.
they sound like Pelican

enjoyable (which Pelican aren't) except for those vocals

you and your funny vocals Mutu ...

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Knut were ridiculously good, made Keelhaul look like amateurs. Never seen a tighter band live and I've seen guys like Between the Buried and Me, Dillinger Escape Plan etc. Precision technicality on a level that I've never experienced.

Can't find this song online anywhere, but it was absolutely tremendous. It was slowed down compared to the album version which made it absolutely fantastic. The song put me in a trance practically.

Knut - Ultralight Backpacking

Good band.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
saw Dillinger Escape Plan last night, luckily for free

respect to them for the level of energy they put into the performance, the interaction with the crowd and the precision of the music they play - but it's some of the most tasteless sh*t I've ever heard in my life

really if you distorted a couple of pneumatic drills and set them upon a group of feral cats I think you would make similar but overall better music than DEP

about as far from sex, drugs and rock n roll as you could possibly get :

jP9xdAmNV60

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I'm going to go see DEP tomorrow night here in Glasgow, can't wait :cool:

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
I'm going to go see DEP tomorrow night here in Glasgow, can't wait :cool:
no idea how you listen to this stuff my friend

the vocals are just grating

a pure indurance test all round

bring ear plugs Cameron

·
Second Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
10,622 Posts
Saw Merry 6 times in 7 days. :proud:

They played their first 6 albums and all in all 101 different songs. Yes I counted, 101 songs!

Amazing doesn't begin to describe it. They sounded soooo good at all times. Not to mention how fun it was. Wish I could live it again. :moan: Gonna go cry now.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Saw Merry 6 times in 7 days. :proud:

They played their first 6 albums and all in all 101 different songs. Yes I counted, 101 songs!

Amazing doesn't begin to describe it. They sounded soooo good at all times. Not to mention how fun it was. Wish I could live it again. :moan: Gonna go cry now.
lol

101 - 120 of 135 Posts