Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United go in search of their fifth straight Premiership win when they travel to Fulham.

The Red Devils have stormed up the table following this run and face a Fulham outfit who have lost their last three home games in all competitions.

Last season the Cottagers managed to procure their first Premiership win against United courtesy of a 3-1 scoreline at Old Trafford, however Fulham's last two home games against United have resulted in 1-1 draws.

There would be significant confidence behind a United win if Ruud van Nistelrooy passes a fitness test on a calf problem.

The Dutchman has netted six goals in four Premiership starts against Fulham and in total he has fired in eight goals against them in all competitions.

Past Premiership meetings between the clubs show that each team have needed to score three goals to win the match.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I dont know. This game looks like a potential banana skin. I hope we win though. I predict a 2-1 win for us.

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Wenger was adamant after the game today that the title was "going to London".

I can only assume he means Chelsea are going to piss it, given that if we can win our game in hand here we go 2 points behind Arsenal. Not to mention that Everton are above them.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Emmm O'Shea might start tommorow, as fergie said, while in the last 2 and a half years, he just got played even when injured. While now, he is fresh, and superb in training..kinda like a new player. Hopefully he shows the form of the 1st season and not the shitty ones that we have seen in the last year and a half.

Rooney, Ronaldo, Giggsy and Scholesy:D with the goals

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
But if we do not win, I feel sorry for the players:D, so many hairdryers and boots flying. It will be a mayhem.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I would only trust O'Shea if he played on the left wing. I have some very bad memories of Miller and Brown last year. Please for the love of God, don't let him play in the defense. It makes my heart go tweek when I see O'Shea or Brown in the center of defense

·
Registered
156 Posts
yaf said:
I would only trust O'Shea if he played on the left wing. I have some very bad memories of Miller and Brown last year. Please for the love of God, don't let him play in the defense. It makes my heart go tweek when I see O'Shea or Brown in the center of defense
O'Shea on the left wing is nuts IMO. :D He's one of the slowest players in the Premiership, he's hardly mobile enough to be playing at this level never mind chucking him on the wing.

I think that Wes is a top defender though. He's had injuries, and was poor when he came back last year, but he's over those now (touch wood). He's a quality member of the squad at centre-back or right-back.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Yes, this is a potential "banana skin" and i am a bit worried BUT nonetheless i am staying positive. A 2-1 win for the Reds with the two best teenagers in the world getting on the scoresheet! :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
vedz said:
Yes, this is a potential "banana skin" and i am a bit worried BUT nonetheless i am staying positive. A 2-1 win for the Reds with the two best teenagers in the world getting on the scoresheet! :)
I wouldn't count on Ronaldo scoring though :eek:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
SuicideDD said:
Wenger was adamant after the game today that the title was "going to London".

I can only assume he means Chelsea are going to piss it, given that if we can win our game in hand here we go 2 points behind Arsenal. Not to mention that Everton are above them.
You don't really think Everton will keep this up?

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
khimik said:
You don't really think Everton will keep this up?
That's what I have been thinking since the beggining of October and look where they are now!So well done to them and I will stop speculating about their demise until it actually happens!:pp

Fulham has abeen a tricky side for us in the last couple of seasons and we always seemed to struggle whenever we played them away.This time,however,the backline of the team is in disastrous condition and we should be able to take advanatge of this weakness tonight!With Arse and Chleski drawing,it gives us a wonderful oppurtunity to cut down on the lead at the top and any slip-up at this game could prove to be fatal even at this early stage of the season.

My team for tonight.....

--------------------Carroll----------------------
Gaz------Rio------------------Micky------Heinze/O'Shea--
---------Fletch------Keano----------Scholesy------
--Rooney---------------------------Giggsy---------
------------------Smith/RVN-----------------

If Ruud is passed fit for the game then he should start cause we could with his presence in these away games.He also does brilliantly to hold up the ball and bring Giggsy and Rooney into play better than either Smith or Saha,IMO.At the back,if O'Shea does start then hopefully he will put in a creditable performance and not the sh!t that we gotten used to now.Its like playing with 10 men whenever he's in the side!:rollani: Otherwise our defense has been rock solid and leaking in very few goals and Micky and Rio should be able to take care of the cole-Radzinski partnership.

In midfield I ant Fletch to start because the lad was doing great when he got a few run of games under him and suddenly Fergie decided to take him off the boil.Since he played on Tuesday,Fergie should continue with him today as well alongside Keano and Scholes.Keano will have the added responsibility of keeping Malbranque under check because the Frenchman possesses the only creative threat for Fulham.Keep him under wraps and the fulham atack becomes toothless.

Should be a good open game and these Monday nighters are always entertaining.United don't usually play well in such late night starts but hopefully the trend will change starting from today!:)

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
Like you said, Shaf, Fletcher deserves to start. I like the line up you have assembled and hopefully Fergie takes it up. I want to see Ronaldo getting as much rest as possible so we can have him for the Champions League and the 'crucial' stages of the league. However, he should make atleat a 20 minute run-out in this game for that extra dimension, as points away are so important. Plus i need him to get a few more goals! :) :proud:

·
Registered
786 Posts
yea as vedz stated we need to save him for the important matches but i think we will do well tonight a 3-1 result with rudd scoring a double and smith the other.:thmbup:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
fulham 1 manu 0 :nono:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I reckon 2-0 to us, Rooney and maybe Ronny!

Fulham are having a nightmare and were on a great run so it shoud be a walk in the park but i think the finishing will let us down a bit.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts