Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 523 Posts

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome Mathieu Flamini?

Apparently the deal is done. Naturally we'll need official confirmation, nevertheless it indeed appears he has signed a 5 year contract. Supposedly we edged Juve.

Il colpo del Milan si chiama Flamini
Juventus battuta, il francese ha l'accordo con i rossoneri

di Enzo Palladini

Milan a sorpresa: ha in mano Mathieu Flamini. Evidentemente la partita con l'Arsenal non ha fatto solo danni in casa rossonera, ma ha dato il via a una nuova operazione molto interessante. Flamini è in scadenza con l'Arsenal e ha detto no alla proposta di un quinquennale da 2 milioni di euro a stagione. Facile intuire che ha un'offerta molto superiore. Wenger nei giorni scorsi aveva parlato di Juventus, ma la realtà - e le ultime informazioni sono molto accreditate - l'accordo è stato trovato con il Milan: sempre 5 anni, ma a 3,5 milioni a stagione.

Presto potrebbe esserci anche un annuncio, visto che nulla osta a un accordo per la prossima stagione essendo passato da tempo il 1° febbraio. Flamini è un centrocampista centrale di grande quantità ma anche di notevole qualità, uno davvero all'altezza del gruppo attuale. Per quanto riguarda il portiere, invece, si registrano nuovi movimenti sull'asse Milano-Firenze, il Milan lavora su Sebastien Frey sapendo di avere il gradimento del medesimo giocatore. Ma anche con la Fiorentina si comincia a intravvevdere un'intesa

Have your say :)

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Among Arsenal's midfield, the jewels are Cesc, Hleb and Rosicky, these are the guys who got us eliminated.

Neverthesless, Flamini, if coming at all, would be a great squad addition. He's an upgrade to Emerson, Brocchi or Gourcuff. But he won't have a chance of cracking up into the starting 11, he's hardly an upgrade over Ambro/Rino.

·
Premium Member
11,360 Posts
Excellent player, but I still doubt the veracity of this report. Why would Arsenal offer him so little money (2 mln per year) when he's been so great for them this year? It's a bit weird too that you're going for another DM when you're pretty stacked in that position.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
Excellent player, but I still doubt the veracity of this report. Why would Arsenal offer him so little money (2 mln per year) when he's been so great for them this year? It's a bit weird too that you're going for another DM when you're pretty stacked in that position.
We can then get rid of Emerson & Brocchi. 3 dm is more than enough IMO. Also the fact that he's only 23 is a great bonus too.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Among Arsenal's midfield, the jewels are Cesc, Hleb and Rosicky, these are the guys who got us eliminated.

Neverthesless, Flamini, if coming at all, would be a great squad addition. He's an upgrade to Emerson, Brocchi or Gourcuff. But he won't have a chance of cracking up into the starting 11, he's hardly an upgrade over Ambro/Rino.
If the speculation is true, would he be a good enough addition to the squad then?

Apparently Flamini was not offered a new contract last season, his current contract with Arsenal expires in June. Most TV stations rate this as a done deal. As Zambrotta.

Naturally we shall see

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
You mean get his leg broken? I've been hoping for this ever since 2004 and his fake depression travesty, but sadly to no avail. ;)
Your a bit too slow. I even left out a wink. You may be joking slightly, but I'm not. Hopefully Favalli, Ba, Dida, and a few others can join him. Not Gila though, your club may give us money for him.:smileani:

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Having only watched Arsenal sporadically, nevertheless I think Flamini has become a fabulous player and probably if true, we've just signed a player who is among the best young DMs in the world. I think this would be a superb piece of business.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
When is Emerson ever gonna catch a break? :cry:

If you read this forum frequently you'll know I am not against Emerson at all, it's a decent transfer. But today's Flamini is an upgrade to the Il Puma. Period.

Hopefully during training. A career ending break please.

Wishing a career ending injury to one of the ROSSONERI player? Now I understand why you never have a good word about our players, and referring one of our legend as traitor with all the cursing words.

Your a bit too slow. I even left out a wink. You may be joking slightly, but I'm not. Hopefully Favalli, Ba, Dida, and a few others can join him. Not Gila though, your club may give us money for him.:smileani:

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pathetic.

·
XT's Demi-God
8,662 Posts
If you read this forum frequently you'll know I am not against Emerson at all, it's a decent transfer. But today's Flamini is an upgrade to the Il Puma. Period.

Wishing a career ending injury to one of the ROSSONERI player? Now I understand why you never have a good word about our players, and referring one of our legend as traitor with all the cursing words.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pathetic.
Whatever. Keep defending the players with no place in Milan, keep hoping for free transfers with Gayliani, keep dreaming for 4th spot. That is not Milan. Emerson is not a Milan player in my eyes, never has been, never will be.

1 - 20 of 523 Posts