Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
It's nothing special. Not that it's ugly or anything, just that other Adidas sponsored NT's wear the same design with only the colors different of course.

That's also why I'm sad to know that Denmark will switch from Hummel to Adidas next season.

It's the opposite of Brøndby's third choise jersey, it seems:

;)

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Frederik said:
It's nothing special. Not that it's ugly or anything, just that other Adidas sponsored NT's wear the same design with only the colors different of course.

That's also why I'm sad to know that Denmark will switch from Hummel to Adidas next season.

It's the opposite of Brøndby's third choise jersey, it seems:

;)
Its a nice shirt. It has all that Climacool crap built in so it holds all your sweat when we beat you in August. ;)

Thats a shame for Denmark. I likes their Hummel kit because it was different to everyone else's. Now they'll all be the same. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
195 Posts
I want that addidas shirt alot of teams used in the begining of the 90's. It had three stripes on the left shoulder. I think Sweden played with it in the Euro 92 and I know Finland used it aswell during some matches.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Bosnia & Hertsegovina - Finland

(28.4.2004 Zenica)
Squad:

Goalkeepers
Mikko Kavén Tampere United
Antti Niemi Southampton.

Defenders
Sami Hyypiä Liverpool,
Toni Kuivasto Djurgården,
Petri Pasanen Portsmouth,
Janne Saarinen 1860 München,
Janne Salli Haka,
Hannu Tihinen Anderlecht.

Midfielders / Strikers
Alexei Eremenko Jr HJK,
Mikael Forssell Birmingham,
Jonatan Johansson Charlton,
Joonas Kolkka Borussia Mönchengladbach,
Miika Koppinen Tromssa,
Peter Kopteff Viking Stavanger,
Jari Litmanen FC Lahti,
Miikka Multaharju Denizlispor,
Jari Niemi Mons,
Mika Nurmela Kaiserslautern,
Aki Riihilahti Crystal P,
Mika Väyrynen Heerenveen.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Romania are gonna have a blue home shit now. :(

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Re: Bosnia & Hertsegovina - Finland

oah79 said:
(28.4.2004 Zenica)
Squad:
Mikael Forssell isn't attending the match because of a knee problem. Forssell says he isn't happy to miss two NT matches in a row. Earlier he missed the match in Malta.

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
BIH vs Finland 20:00cet from Zenica

Hey guys..not sure if there are any people from Finland here.

Anyways..looking forward to do this one. I think the two teams are pretty similar in strength.

We have a thread over at the Bosnian Forum (front page) if you want to see the players called, and so on.

·
Registered
10,914 Posts
didn't see this thread...I started a BIH vs Finland thread on the page.

Should be a good match. I think the teams are very close in strength. Our results have improved and we came very close to making Euro 2004. (a win against Denmark in the last game and we would have automatically qualified, instead we tied, and we ended 4th because it was so close). We did really well against Norway and Denmark in qualification, we beat Norway and tied Denmark, and the other losses were small ones. Romania was the other top team in our group, and we had some issue with them.

Our latest friendly results include all draws against Walies, Germany and unfortunatley Luxembourg.(we just couldn't finish in the last one but we had about 30 chances, unbelievable)

If you want to see who we called and our players, you can go to your Bosnian forum (its now its own forum at the front of the page)

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Thanks ED123 !!! May the best team win and I will probably stop by later today at the Bosnian forum ! I agree with you that Bosnia has a very strong team with many players playing abroad around Europe.

This match serves us well as your team resembles some of the teams in our next World Cup qualifying group.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
lionheart said:
I think Johansson is the #1 choice striker for this match.
It would be nice to see how Jari Niemi performed in this game.

Bosnian team has couple of guys who play in Bundesliga and I assume that the majority of their players play in good leagues.

Generally, it seems that this game is played between two "forward going" teams. Good test for both sides.

21 - 40 of 269 Posts