Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's 16 seconds of the Official England 2002 Anthem.

Why are the official songs always crap?


Audio
 

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
12,813 Posts
I have to agree with you.

It is rubbish.

The fans will still be chanting '3 lions'.

A football song like this has to be easy on the lyrics and have that chant feel to it.

It's an embarrasment to England!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
150 Posts
DeJackal said:
Here's 16 seconds of the Official England 2002 Anthem.

Why are the official songs always crap?


Audio
that song is baaad baaad
What was the song i saw from World Cup 1998 when they had fun about the Airport comercial??

I have my favs as kickstart songs for the Football summer this year.

here is my list

1 ricky Martin/ La Copa de la vida
2 Skank/ E uma partida de futebol
3 republica/ ready to go
4 Markoolio/ mera Mål
5 Dario G/ Carnaval de paris
6 Blur/Song 2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
Come on Guys...IT'S ANT & DEC FOR GOD SAKE

They are just quality...like Cilla Black & Des O'Connor.

Maybe they can release their single with some two step, dark horse garage mix just to make it that bit better now.

All together now...
 
D

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Official England song just as crap as ever.

Matte said:


that song is baaad baaad
What was the song i saw from World Cup 1998 when they had fun about the Airport comercial??

I have my favs as kickstart songs for the Football summer this year.

here is my list

1 ricky Martin/ La Copa de la vida
2 Skank/ E uma partida de futebol
3 republica/ ready to go
4 Markoolio/ mera Mål
5 Dario G/ Carnaval de paris
6 Blur/Song 2
:D

Yeah I wish it was like that, but in England a football song has to follow a certain criteria.

1.) Supporters can chant it in the stadium

i.e "Football's coming home, it;s coming in home....etc etc"

Can you imagine the thousands of English fans singing "WOOOHOOO, When I feel heavy metal, WOOHOO!" :dazed:

This song is just great!!!
He is a classic and often played on partys and in discos in Germany!
Did you ever get to see the video to that? Where England play Germany and all the German players are all wearing the shirts with the name "Kuntz" at the back? :D

You are right though, Germany seem to love that song and tried to buy the rights to remix a German version. But Baddiel and Skinner (song writers) refused...and are actually thinking about re-releasing another English version just to piss you off. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
22,583 Posts
thanks for the audio link. But I had a hard time understanding the words.

....they sounded something like this:

Vamos, vamos, Argentina,
vamos vamos a ganar...
que esta barra quilombera
no te deja
no te deja de alentar!!!!!



:D :cool: ;) ;) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,932 Posts
I have not heared the song but are the lyrics thus:

We're on the ball,
We're on the ball,
We're on the ball,
We're on the ball?

I ask not in jest but I remember seeing an epsiode of TFI Friday where Chris Evans tried to popularise that song which was released for the WC in 1986 or EC in 1988 (not really sure)
 

·
International
Joined
·
9,526 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Official England song just as crap as ever.

DeJackal said:


Did you ever get to see the video to that? Where England play Germany and all the German players are all wearing the shirts with the name "Kuntz" at the back? :D

You are right though, Germany seem to love that song and tried to buy the rights to remix a German version. But Baddiel and Skinner (song writers) refused...and are actually thinking about re-releasing another English version just to piss you off. :D

the germans released a version anyway, but in the video everytime it cut to an action shot, it was of Germany scoring a goal, or taking a free kick or making a tackle etc...hysterical;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,932 Posts
Yes but in the video there was a row of German players with Kuntz on their back and then at the very end there was a guy with Klinsmann on the back... very funny I thought
 

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
Joined
·
12,813 Posts
LIT - How come you have Brady's Man in your list?
Used to play for the Baggies ya know, never forget his endless running.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,120 Posts
Balis-of-Steel said:
LIT - How come you have Brady's Man in your list?
Used to play for the Baggies ya know, never forget his endless running.
I didn´t see him play very often, but he impressed me,
especially in his 2 years with Fulham!
You know it´s hard to describe exactly why you love a player...
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top